What Is Trump's Problem With DeSantis?

The story is that Trump thinks he saved Ron’s political career and thinks DeSantis is being disloyal by not giving Trump his full support.

There can only be one alpha and they are both alphas. That’s the bottom line.
I think this is just another fake news story designed to get Trump and DeSantis to start taking pot-shots at each other.

I don't think it's possible for that many people to hate Trump.

I didn't say they hated him. I said there were a large number of votes against him. Two different things.

His job approval at the time of the election was 45-46%, which means over 54-55% did like him in the job.

I was a rock steady GOP voter for over 40 years. Voted twice for GOP in 2016 (primary and general, but not for Trump). He was unfit for office and voted against him in the 2020 general (my state wimped out and refused to hold a primary).

I don't think it's possible for that many people to hate Trump.
What happened is they rigged voting machines and recounted mail-in ballots several times to get the numbers they needed.
Mass-mailings of ballots mailed out to the wrong zipcodes meant that Dem states had plenty of fake ballots to pad their totals.

:rofl:

WW

Fuck off tory. How's that word choice?
Your hate of anything left of center means you will try all forms of putdowns, all failing.
your immaturity and lack of education. LOLLOOLL.
My Masters Degree disagrees with your LAME assessment.

What do you think a masters degree would do for you on this site?

I didn't say they hated him. I said there were a large number of votes against him. Two different things.

His job approval at the time of the election was 45-46%, which means over 54-55% did like him in the job.

I was a rock steady GOP voter for over 40 years. Voted twice for GOP in 2016 (primary and general, but not for Trump). He was unfit for office and voted against him in the 2020 general (my state wimped out and refused to hold a primary).

:rofl:

WW

Yet he was clearly the best President in any of our lives.

You know I honestly don't get it. I know that they both love America but Trump seems to be putting Trump first lately and ignoring his signature line of putting America first and DeSantis definitely could get the job done just as well.
You still believe Trump cares about anything or anyone except himself? He doesn't care about you other than your vote stupid.

You know I honestly don't get it. I know that they both love America but Trump seems to be putting Trump first lately and ignoring his signature line of putting America first and DeSantis definitely could get the job done just as well.

Trump's motivations are pretty straight forward when viewed through the lens of self interest.

41UbSM2vC8S._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Trump has always loved Trump first. He used fake patriotism as a popularist grift and some people bought it. It was never about MAGA. It was about him betting into the history books as President.

WW
A poll published Thursday by the University of New Hampshire shows Trump trailing DeSantis by 12 percentage points among likely voters in the GOP’s presidential primary in the state.

“He won’t be leading, I got him elected,” Trump said, according to Politico.

Former President Donald Trump said Florida governor Ron DeSantis is trying to rewrite history about the pandemic response and would be 'disloyal' if he ran for president

“There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump said, according to CNN. “Florida was closed for a long period of time.”
However, DeSantis’ COVID-19 handling was exactly what earned him praise from the right.
In April 2020, DeSantis became one of the last governors in the country to order a statewide lockdown after speaking to Trump, according to NPR. But by September of that year, he vowed to not reinstate restrictions, ordered a full reopening of bars and restaurants in the state (defying guidance from public health officials), and banned fines for those who refused to wear a mask or maintain social distancing.
The Florida governor ordered schools to reopen for in-person learning in August 2020 even as COVID-19 cases were skyrocketing.
DeSantis, in recent months, has questioned the efficacy of lifesaving COVID-19 shots, given a platform to vaccine skeptics, and even suggested permanently banning COVID-19 mandates.

A poll published Thursday by the University of New Hampshire shows Trump trailing DeSantis by 12 percentage points among likely voters in the GOP’s presidential primary in the state.

“He won’t be leading, I got him elected,” Trump said, according to Politico.

Former President Donald Trump said Florida governor Ron DeSantis is trying to rewrite history about the pandemic response and would be 'disloyal' if he ran for president

“There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump said, according to CNN. “Florida was closed for a long period of time.”
However, DeSantis’ COVID-19 handling was exactly what earned him praise from the right.
In April 2020, DeSantis became one of the last governors in the country to order a statewide lockdown after speaking to Trump, according to NPR. But by September of that year, he vowed to not reinstate restrictions, ordered a full reopening of bars and restaurants in the state (defying guidance from public health officials), and banned fines for those who refused to wear a mask or maintain social distancing.
The Florida governor ordered schools to reopen for in-person learning in August 2020 even as COVID-19 cases were skyrocketing.
DeSantis, in recent months, has questioned the efficacy of lifesaving COVID-19 shots, given a platform to vaccine skeptics, and even suggested permanently banning COVID-19 mandates.

Its all kind of irrelevant. It doesn't matter who the GOP nominee is.......if it isn't Trump, Trump will burn the GOP to the ground.

And if it is Trump, you have the weakest possible candidate, a proven loser, who almost half of the electorate wouldn't vote for under any circumstance.

And that was before J6.

Trump's motivations are pretty straight forward when viewed through the lens of self interest.

Yeah
His interest is solidly in Making The USA the very best that it can be.
That is the sole driver for everything that he does.

What do you think a masters degree would do for you on this site?
trump set the bar so low, it's really hard to communicate with the RWI's on this site.
Discourse is NOT possible, w/o being called a Moron, Idiot, Ignorant, Nazi, Communist.

A Masters Degree and a Great Education puts me above 90% of MAGA KKKult Members.

Forum List

Back