What is “Trumpism”?

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

It's more an observation of you than of Trump.
Sure, okay.

And this is when Mac Runs with his tail between his legs for the exit.
Well, I'm right here, but I see no need to beat a dead horse.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

Why waste any more bandwidth?

Why be on a discussion forum then? Just go somewhere like DU and enjoy the echo chamber.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.
I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.

Another example of Construct Trump, created by the left for their own personal boogeyman, and a Goldstein for their two minute hate.

No, that's Trump...in a nutshell. A bloviating, gaslighting narcissist. Enabled by his loving supporters and the willing asshats in right wing media.
Trump's type of behavior would have never been tolerated in Reagan's era.

Another typical lefty ploy, comparing to a past right leaning person as a "shining example", although at the time said past person was also considered "worse than hitler"

it seems they have no problem being complete liars.

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

because if we let your assertions go, unchallenged, it creates an illusion of credibility though the logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

so, we have to call you on your propaganda, or someone might believe it.
Mac has allowed himself to become a simple, annoying internet troll. I hate to see it. I will openly say he was one of the better posters on this forum for several years. All he does now is Troll threads calling everyone Trumpers he doesn't agree with, then act surprised when someone answers.
He literally does this 100 times a day now.
Here's what cracks me up about this place, every single day:

When I commented and opined during the Obama administration, the Regressive Lefties all lost their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore RIGHT winger.

When I comment and opine during the Trump administration, the obedient Trumpsters all lose their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore LEFT winger.

And if Biden wins, the Regressive Lefties will be bitching humping my leg again, just like you guys are now.

Meanwhile, I just sit here, smiling, shaking my head.

:bye1:
Nope.
I remember that.
When you posted things against Obama, your comments were not generalized nonsense. You listed actual policies etc. that you disagreed with, and why.
Today - all you do is enter a thread and call everyone "Trumpers". PERIOD.
You have called me a Trumper several times, despite the fact I have stated since 2016 - I didn't vote for him. I have said complaints against him numerous times. I do not like the man as a person. I believe he is an egotistical jerk. HOWEVER - I am not a sheep.
I am not going to go along with bullshit, baseless criticisms the left throw out against him 100 times a day. And because I won't - in the book of Mac1958 - I am a Trumper.
Ah, so this is "different". Got it.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

Why be on a discussion forum then? Just go somewhere like DU and enjoy the echo chamber.
It's much more interesting to observe the behaviors of the wings here, but thanks for your concern!

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

It's much more interesting to observe the behaviors of the wings here, but thanks for your concern!

More dodging, no content.

Yeah. That's about it.
Agendists have twisted the meaning of "nationalism". We built our nation on everything being pax America. Most people are living off of that. And they show disdain for their comforts because of the agendists. Nationalism is love of country. And a proponent of a good life through hard working goals in a world that has so many flaws.

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

nothing wrong with patriotism. i'm proud to be a patriotic American.

and the "thrill down the leg", was one of yours, not ours.

funny you got that confused.
Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.

if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.
Not offended by trumps patriotism because I recognize it does not exist. Kind of offended by how the trumpets were fooled by his false sloganeering pseudo-patriotism, accepting it for actually caring about the country, instead of the reality of him only caring about himself and what the country can do for his business model.

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.

if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.
Not offended by trumps patriotism because I recognize it does not exist. Kind of offended by how the trumpets were fooled by his false sloganeering pseudo-patriotism, accepting it for actually caring about the country, instead of the reality of him only caring about himself and what the country can do for his business model.

i am a life long patriot, and i find his patriotism to be fine.

from his American First bias on policy to his standing up against the asshole kneelers, his patriotism rings true to me.

that he is wealthy, is not a problem for me, as it seems to be for you. i've met plenty of good people that had a bit of money.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?
It is Truth ,Justice,and the American Way.

not the way we see it used here. here it is generally used to describe the political faction that supports trump and/or his stated policies.

the thread is really about what those policies are.

if you have anything real to say, say it. otherwise, what good are you?

not the way we see it used here. here it is generally used to describe the political faction that supports trump and/or his stated policies.

the thread is really about what those policies are.

if you have anything real to say, say it. otherwise, what good are you?

The thread is about what “Trumpism” means.

There’s no definitive answer but I posted some people’s versions.

Yeah. That's about it.

i am a life long patriot, and i find his patriotism to be fine.

from his American First bias on policy to his standing up against the asshole kneelers, his patriotism rings true to me.

that he is wealthy, is not a problem for me, as it seems to be for you. i've met plenty of good people that had a bit of money.
Met and run around with plenty of wealthy people as friends, (not that I am wealthy) mostly good people. None of them used patriotism or false patriotism to enhance their wealth as a main thrust of being a patriot. This is how I view trump, specifically and his relation to patriotism.

Yeah. That's about it.
You mean the 'strongman' that deferred to medical experts?
Arrogance, ignorance, paranoia and tribalism as well as violence is what we see on the left today.
Trump recognizes the MSM fake Marxist ideological bubble and uses the "Twitter needle" to pop it.

That's about it.

Retardation
Yet another expressive, articulate and specific answer.

Not.

The definition of Trumpism is very easy. And stated repeatedly. It is simply... If you are not obsessed, and possessed, of hatred for Donald Trump... you are a Trumper. Trumpism.. is anything said by such a person.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

More dodging, no content.
I don't know what you want. If you have a question, ask it.

Yeah. That's about it.
You mean the 'strongman' that deferred to medical experts?
Arrogance, ignorance, paranoia and tribalism as well as violence is what we see on the left today.
Trump recognizes the MSM fake Marxist ideological bubble and uses the "Twitter needle" to pop it.

That's about it.
Great example!

Yeah. That's about it.

Kinda like how y’all use “TDS” to ignore any alternative opinions and facts?

For those of you who need a visual reference to what a Trumper is....

If at anytime, anywhere, you hear the word Trump and don't do this...

scream.jpg

You are a Trumper

Forum List

Back