What is “Trumpism”?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.
I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.

Another example of Construct Trump, created by the left for their own personal boogeyman, and a Goldstein for their two minute hate.

No, that's Trump...in a nutshell. A bloviating, gaslighting narcissist. Enabled by his loving supporters and the willing asshats in right wing media.
Trump's type of behavior would have never been tolerated in Reagan's era.

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.
:laugh:

Yours ain't bad at all!

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

It's more an observation of you than of Trump.
Sure, okay.

And this is when Mac Runs with his tail between his legs for the exit.
Well, I'm right here, but I see no need to beat a dead horse.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

Why waste any more bandwidth?

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

nothing wrong with patriotism. i'm proud to be a patriotic American.

and the "thrill down the leg", was one of yours, not ours.

funny you got that confused.

Yeah. That's about it.

Explanation of above....
"Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman". -
what he is really saying is the refusal to follow along with constant condemnation of Trump based on generalizations, word play and accepted narratives.

"Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism." - this is just rewording above, but emotionalizing it. Again, anyone who doesn't follow along with the 24 hour/day criticisms of Trump is guilty of these things automatically, regardless of the validity of those criticisms.

"Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government" - this sounds good, so I will throw this in.

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news". Once again, just rewording the same accusation, much like the 1,000's of Trump criticisms we hear a day. If you don't go along with the narrative presented... you are an evil, ignorant person.

Yeah that's about it.

Yeah. That's about it.

Explanation of above....
what he is really saying is the refusal to follow along with constant condemnation of Trump based on generalizations, word play and accepted narratives.

"Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism." - this is just rewording above, but emotionalizing it. Again, anyone who doesn't follow along with the 24 hour/day criticisms of Trump is guilty of these things automatically, regardless of the validity of those criticisms.

"Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government" - this sounds good, so I will throw this in.

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news". Once again, just rewording the same accusation, much like the 1,000's of Trump criticisms we hear a day. If you don't go along with the narrative presented... you are an evil, ignorant person.

Yeah that's about it.
Cool!

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

because if we let your assertions go, unchallenged, it creates an illusion of credibility though the logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

so, we have to call you on your propaganda, or someone might believe it.

Yeah. That's about it.

Explanation of above....

Yeah that's about it.
Cool!
I agree

Yeah. That's about it.

Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.

Yeah. That's about it.

Explanation of above....

Yeah that's about it.
Cool!
I agree

yeah, you crushed mac's argument, such as it was.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

because if we let your assertions go, unchallenged, it creates an illusion of credibility though the logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

You're actually afraid I'm going to change someone's mind here?

And that it would matter?

Yeah. That's about it.

Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.

if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

Mac has allowed himself to become a simple, annoying internet troll. I hate to see it. I will openly say he was one of the better posters on this forum for several years. All he does now is Troll threads calling everyone Trumpers he doesn't agree with, then act surprised when someone answers.
He literally does this 100 times a day now.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

You're actually afraid I'm going to change someone's mind here?

And that it would matter?

the logical fallacy of proof by assertion. you know of it? if not, look it up. simple enough concept.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

Mac has allowed himself to become a simple, annoying internet troll. I hate to see it. I will openly say he was one of the better posters on this forum for several years. All he does now is Troll threads calling everyone Trumpers he doesn't agree with, then act surprised when someone answers.

i forced him to confront the fact that he was wrong. now he is broken. it is my fault.

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

Here's what cracks me up about this place, every single day:

When I commented and opined during the Obama administration, the Regressive Lefties all lost their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore RIGHT winger.

When I comment and opine during the Trump administration, the obedient Trumpsters all lose their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore LEFT winger.

And if Biden wins, the Regressive Lefties will be bitching humping my leg again, just like you guys are now.

Meanwhile, I just sit here, smiling, shaking my head.

:bye1:

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.
I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.

Another example of Construct Trump, created by the left for their own personal boogeyman, and a Goldstein for their two minute hate.

No, that's Trump...in a nutshell. A bloviating, gaslighting narcissist. Enabled by his loving supporters and the willing asshats in right wing media.
Trump's type of behavior would have never been tolerated in Reagan's era.

Another typical lefty ploy, comparing to a past right leaning person as a "shining example", although at the time said past person was also considered "worse than hitler"

Yeah. That's about it.

Merely observation.

Sure, okay.

Here's what cracks me up about this place, every single day:

When I commented and opined during the Obama administration, the Regressive Lefties all lost their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore RIGHT winger.

When I comment and opine during the Trump administration, the obedient Trumpsters all lose their shit, making it nasty and personal, calling me a fraud and accusing me of REALLY being a hardcore LEFT winger.

And if Biden wins, the Regressive Lefties will be bitching humping my leg again, just like you guys are now.

Meanwhile, I just sit here, smiling, shaking my head.

:bye1:
Nope.
I remember that.
When you posted things against Obama, your comments were not generalized nonsense. You listed actual policies etc. that you disagreed with, and why.
Today - all you do is enter a thread and call everyone "Trumpers". PERIOD.
You have called me a Trumper several times, despite the fact I have stated since 2016 - I didn't vote for him. I have said complaints against him numerous times. I do not like the man as a person. I believe he is an egotistical jerk. HOWEVER - I am not a sheep.
I am not going to go along with bullshit, baseless criticisms the left throw out against him 100 times a day. And because I won't - in the book of Mac1958 - I am a Trumper.

Forum List

Back