What is the Republican justification for why Georgia Secretary of State tried to limit voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

Because they don’t want to? Who cares why? For whatever reason they don’t want to. Why should it matter? We are talking about people participating in an a democratic election. If I had to guess why people wouldn’t prefer it is because it takes longer to he counted. In an election like a runoff, the time do it is more crunched. I don’t know for sure, but I sure as hell wouldn’t be surprised if voting early for that election was definitely not available right now. Probably some future date.

I could find the sources that make this claim, but the logic of it makes perfect sense. I mean what exactly would you need clarity on? Democrats are more common in urban areas? I’m willing to bet you already know that. From there, the rest of the logic is pretty obvious. Election day wait lines are obviously going to be long especially if the Georgia GOP has closed voting locations since 2020. Rural republicans understandably have no real urgency to vote early.
So your excuse is Dimwingers are lazy. You may be into something.

Georgia also made mail in voting for difficult because they moved back the request deadline for those types of ballots. They are also requiring stricter ID requirements for it.

Once again, your defense is that Dimwingers are too stupid or lazy to follow simple rules like Republicans.

Once again, your defense is that Dimwingers are too stupid or lazy to follow simple rules like Republicans.
How could that be if they successfully vote in a state that cares so much about procedures to prevent voter fraud? Oh my! Is the GOP incompetent?!

No one gives a shit what you think of democrats. The facts speak for themselves.
Your explanation as to why Dims are impacted more comes down to them being lazy or stupid. It your description, Simp.

How could that be if they successfully vote in a state that cares so much about procedures to prevent voter fraud? Oh my! Is the GOP incompetent?!
Oh, so your voter suppression charge is bullshit.

Got it.

Man, you can’t get out of your own way, Dumbass.

Your explanation as to why Dims are impacted more comes down to them being lazy or stupid. It your description, Simp.
Hey moron long lines on Election Day is obviously a thing regardless of whether or not you think democrats are lazy lol

Do you have trouble with reading or are you just trying to make shit up on the spot even though it sounds like nonsense?
You're really looking like a dumbass, you really want those government employees. Come in on a paid holiday, to cater to your dumbass?

Republican voters like to pretend whenever the GOP tries to limit voting, it’s related to just ID laws. That is far from the case isn’t it? Republicans in power eliminate voting locations in urban areas that depend on early voting and ways of voting early. Even same day voting sites get closed down. They also make it illegal to hand out water to people waiting in line to vote. Do we even need to explain why they want to do that?

That’s Georgia republicans for you.

Now they tried to make it illegal to vote in the Georgia runoff on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but luckily a judge reversed it.

Republican voters can’t justify this. They might as well admit they secretly support these measures because they disproportionately affect urban AKA democrat voters. Their side wins. That’s all that matters.

We need to get back to the idea of "Election Day" that worked so well for hundreds of years in America.

All of this drop boxes and ballot harvesting just lends itself to fraud.

Quit pretending you gave a shit about any of this before. Quit pretending you ever cared the day election workers did their jobs. How do you justify being such a cultist pawn of the GOP?
You government employees to come in on a paid holiday? Please go with that. Lol

Hey moron, Black Friday has always been a holiday for those workers. Do you not have a job so you don’t know these things? How stupid are you?
Many Poll workers are volunteers and not state paid employees. So what's your excuse for the fact that they limited even voluntary poll workers from working on black Friday

We need to get back to the idea of "Election Day" that worked so well for hundreds of years in America.

All of this drop boxes and ballot harvesting just lends itself to fraud.

And even if it actually doesn't it leads the public to distrust our elections which is the most important part.

“Nkwonta argued at the hearing that the state holiday restriction applies only to primary and general elections, not to runoffs. Provisions in the law that directs the state's 159 counties to open early in-person voting "as soon as possible" for a runoff, and no later than Monday, Nov. 28, reinforce the idea that counties can choose to offer early voting that Saturday, he said”

“Fulton County Superior Court Judge Thomas Cox on Friday issued an order saying Georgia law "does not specifically prohibit counties from conducting advanced voting on Saturday, November 26, 2022, for a runoff election." He also prohibited the state from interfering in efforts to hold early voting that day or preventing any votes cast that day from being counted.”

Well that's just a lie, it does prohibit early voting on holiday weekends for all election, including runoffs. See lines 88-92 of the law posted in post #43. Can't you fucking commies read?

Well that's just a lie, it does prohibit early voting on holiday weekends for all election, including runoffs. See lines 88-92 of the law posted in post #43. Can't you fucking commies read?

Lol you say this knee jerk whining yet it was a Georgia judge who deemed this legal. Let me guess: he’s automatically a liberal even though you’ve never heard of him before?

Forum List

Back