What is the Republican justification for why Georgia Secretary of State tried to limit voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

Lol you say this knee jerk whining yet it was a Georgia judge who deemed this legal. Let me guess: he’s automatically a liberal even though you’ve never heard of him before?

And as I said in my first post in the thread, the judge will be overturned for going against black letter law. Did you even bother to read the applicable law? Or are you too much of a fucking troll to admit that the SOS got it right and the commie judge got it WRONG? Only commie judges ignore the written law and think they can legislate from the bench.

And as I said in my first post in the thread, the judge will be overturned for going against black letter law. Did you even bother to read the applicable law? Or are you too much of a fucking troll to admit that the SOS got it right and the commie judge got it WRONG? Only commie judges ignore the written law and think they can legislate from the bench.

Lol I love how you guys cherry pick the narrative related to judgements. Multiple judges on different levels have ruled there is no evidence that Trump actually won in 2020 yet you’re still convinced they were nothing but libtards! Because of course they were!

Lol I love how you guys cherry pick the narrative related to judgements. Multiple judges on different levels have ruled there is no evidence that Trump actually won in 2020 yet you’re still convinced they were nothing but libtards! Because of course they were!

Wow, deflecting from your own thread. Care to address the topic of YOUR thread and the actual law I posted? Hell I even gave you the line numbers to read, are you too retarded to do that?

OKTexas
Wow, deflecting from your own thread. Care to address the topic of YOUR thread and the actual law I posted? Hell I even gave you the line numbers to read, are you too retarded to do that?

im just pointing out your blantant hypocrisy. See you’re just blindly assuming this will be overturned when It hasn’t been lol.

I don't see how you can call it blindly. The law is the law and that's it. It's written in black and white. Yes, a judge can choose to ignore it, but that doesn't change the law itself.
lol stop pretending you knew anything about this law before you first opened this thread. You just knee jerk defend anything the GOP does. You can’t think for yourself.

lol stop pretending you knew anything about this law before you first opened this thread. You just knee jerk defend anything the GOP does. You can’t think for yourself.

Correct. I didn't know about the law until I got involved in this thread. But now that I know what the law is, I stand behind what I say. The law exclusively uses the word "elections" and runoffs are the elections. There is no exemption in the law for runoffs.

Correct. I didn't know about the law until I got involved in this thread. But now that I know what the law is, I stand behind what I say. The law exclusively uses the word "elections" and runoffs are the elections. There is no exemption in the law for runoffs.
Oh that’s convenient! Wow so impressive you read the whole law by now. Lol you are so full of shit. You’re not citing any actual language. You’re just parroting RW nonsense. Either way, if this shit happened in San Francisco where a democrat was guaranteed a victory, you would NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK.

Oh that’s convenient! Wow so impressive you read the whole law by now. Lol you are so full of shit. You’re not citing any actual language. You’re just parroting RW nonsense. Either way, if this shit happened in San Francisco where a democrat was guaranteed a victory, you would NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK.

Correct, just like you wouldn't give a flying fuck if this were taking place in a Republican district. But since the balance of power hinges on this particular election, both parties need to give a fuck.

I thought it was something to do with a state holiday.

If so how can a state judge force county-paid staff to work? Is he going to pay them the OT?
That is exactly what it was all about. The state employees who had been working long hours on the original campaign wanted time off to be with their families over the Thanksgiving Holiday too. Nothing sinister about that. I can't see how Democrats would be inconvenienced more than Republicans.

And that's another thing to consider about making election day a federal holiday. Everybody working the polls wouldn't get the same time off as everybody else.

Correct, just like you wouldn't give a flying fuck if this were taking place in a Republican district. But since the balance of power hinges on this particular election, both parties need to give a fuck.
Lol you’re right I woudnt care if people were given an extra day to vote in a Republican district. In general you don’t either, but since you are in a position to defend the GOP and fear democrats have an advantage, you are conveniently whining about workers’ rights all of a sudden. See any normal person would embrace the fact that people would get more time to vote. Not your lot though! More time for early voting means more time for democrat votes. Can’t have that! Stand up for worker’s rights because that Friday was some retarded, obscure confederate holiday no one should give a fuck about. Never mind the fact that many election workers in addition to paid ones are volunteers lol.

Forget about whether or not this whole thing is legal or not. You don’t actually care. You just look for excuses to limit democrats voting and defend the GOP. You don’t have real principles with this shit.

That is exactly what it was all about. The state employees who had been working long hours on the original campaign wanted time off to be with their families over the Thanksgiving Holiday too. Nothing sinister about that. I can't see how Democrats would be inconvenienced more than Republicans.

And that's another thing to consider about making election day a federal holiday. Everybody working the polls wouldn't get the same time off as everybody else.

Lots of businesses are open across the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Lots of businesses are open across the Thanksgiving Holiday.
That is true. But that is their choice. Many businesses also close for four days Thursday through Sunday. That is their choice. It does not change the fact that Democrats are not inconvenienced any more than Republicans when the early voting spots are closed over the Thanksgiving Holidays.

That is true. But that is their choice. Many businesses also close for four days Thursday through Sunday. That is their choice. It does not change the fact that Democrats are not inconvenienced any more than Republicans when the early voting spots are closed over the Thanksgiving Holidays.

Don't Republicans want to vote?

Coming from Retail and Wholesale.....Thanksgiving weekend, black Friday, is the BUSIEST workday of the entire year, and busiest 4 day work weekend of the year.

For retail and Hospitality industry, it is a huge working long holiday weekend.

most all ....busting their butt that weekend working and catering to the rest of you and your and my shopping and eating and drinking whims, .....is a poorer, younger person, or single mom....and their managers.

It would affect a certain sector of citizens, much much more than others like you who had a Monday thru Friday 9 to 5 or thereabouts, job.....

Retail and hospitality jobs, usually never get to celebrate the Holidays with family, as everyone else gets to....any holiday, not just T-day or Christmas..... are spent working! It sucks wind! But a lot of money to be made for the owners!

Last edited:

Yep, and no more of that early or no-excuse absentee voting crap.

I'm sure MLK would have been more than happy to give-up MLK Day for National Voting Day......Hell, call it MLK National Voting Day for all I care. ;)

Forum List

Back