What is the purpose of government?

What is the primary purpose of government?

• To take care of people, to ensure we have to access to our basic needs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To protect our freedom to live as we want

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
From most of the representatives point of view, government is to rob, derive power from and use to get reelected. Who said anything about noble intentions?

You can't have it both ways.

why not?

It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically
..please give examples of dependency

Congress has had an approval rating of under 20% for decades now yet they keep getting elected.
goes to show you Americans are stupid

Apparently, these days the purpose of government is to wipe your ass for you from cradle to grave
The purpose of our government today is to make sure the needs of the extreme wealthy are taken care of.

Well, that's just the thing. When government is in charge of distributing favors, the people with the most influence will get the most favors.

You can't have it both ways.

why not?

It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically

Congress has had an approval rating of under 20% for decades now yet they keep getting elected.
...the right wing does give that impression.

Piss off, troll.

Piss off, troll.
lol. what an impression.

From most of the representatives point of view, government is to rob, derive power from and use to get reelected. Who said anything about noble intentions?
Our representatives to Government are only Delegated their authority.

We have our First, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments to ensure that.

Dude, I don't know of anyone out there that can hold the government accountable and enforce those constitutional guarantees, do you?

Dude, I don't know of anyone out there that can hold the government accountable and enforce those constitutional guarantees, do you?

You reply to daniel as though he's said something - as though there's something to reply to. But there never is. Look closely at his posts. He's just regurgitating the same senseless quips and phrases over and over again. They rarely have anything, at all, to do with the topic. Yet people fill in the blanks and respond to his posts anyway. He's just trolling.

What is the purpose of government?
You can't have it both ways. To the extent that government is your caretaker, it is your master.
How about the obvious missing 3rd option? That government is there to control and limit the population and acts as sand in the gears of society as it only operates and thrives by taking from the economy, industry and the individual?

You reply to daniel as though he's said something - as though there's something to reply to. But there never is. Look closely at his posts. He's just regurgitating the same senseless quips and phrases over and over again. They rarely have anything, at all, to do with the topic. Yet people fill in the blanks and respond to his posts anyway. He's just trolling.

Sometimes I can't help but screw with his head just to let him know his repetitive B.S. is meaningless and not even people who hold the same views as he does want to be associated with him.

we should be more grateful for our federal doctrine of separation of powers, than we currently are.

lol. ...this from a "one trick ad hominem pony?"

Sometimes I can't help but screw with his head just to let him know his repetitive B.S. is meaningless and not even people who hold the same views as he does want to be associated with him.
the right wing has nothing but repeal, not any valid arguments.

Piss off, troll.

Piss off troll.

we should be more grateful for our federal doctrine of separation of powers, than we currently are.

LMFAO

Piss off troll.
...see. That Proves it.

Forum List

Back