What is the purpose of government?

What is the primary purpose of government?

• To take care of people, to ensure we have to access to our basic needs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To protect our freedom to live as we want

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways. To the extent that government is your caretaker, it is your master.

Last edited:

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
OP
D

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways.
why not?
It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically
..please give examples of dependency
Huh... I assumed a basic level of political awareness on the part of the reader. Google "US welfare programs" or something similar. You'll get there.

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
why not?
It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically
Huh... I assumed a basic level of political awareness on the part of the reader. Google "US welfare programs" or something similar. You'll get there.
I assumed at least a 4th grade level from the OP poster
just LIKE a lot of dumbass threads -NO PROOF --NOTHING to back up their stupid shit

OP
D

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
why not?
just LIKE a lot of dumbass threads -NO PROOF --NOTHING to back up their stupid shit
Sorry to disappoint you. What is your opinion? Would you rather have government focused on protecting freedom? Or ensuring that your needs are met? (according to the government's estimation of your needs).

WillHaftawaite

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you rather have government focused on protecting freedom? Or ensuring that your needs are met?
not mutually exclusive

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, these days the purpose of government is to wipe your ass for you from cradle to grave

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you. What is your opinion? Would you rather have government focused on protecting freedom? Or ensuring that your needs are met? (according to the government's estimation of your needs).
....kind of hard to answer when we don't know what you are yakking about

bear513

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

OP
D

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
....kind of hard to answer when we don't know what you are yakking about
Give a try. The question is pretty plainly worded. Which part has you confused?

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
he doesn't even know himself

OP
D

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
My point is that if we make government our principal provider, it will be our master. Access to the things we need will depend on staying on good terms with whomever is in office.

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
My point is that if we make government our principle provider, it will be our master. Access to the things we need will depend on staying on good terms with whomever is in office.
ok
:rolleyes-41:

bear513

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
My point is that if we make government our principal provider, it will be our master. Access to the things we need will depend on staying on good terms with whomever is in office.
That's fascism

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
do you---ahhhhhhh---have an EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!??

OP
D

dblack

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?
do you---ahhhhhhh---have an EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!??
Your googler broken? Lazy prick. Do your own research.

Most reactions - Past 7 days