What is the purpose of government?

What is the primary purpose of government?

• To take care of people, to ensure we have to access to our basic needs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To protect our freedom to live as we want

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
Huh... I assumed a basic level of political awareness on the part of the reader. Google "US welfare programs" or something similar. You'll get there.
I assumed at least a 4th grade level from the OP poster
just LIKE a lot of dumbass threads -NO PROOF --NOTHING to back up their stupid shit

Sorry to disappoint you. What is your opinion? Would you rather have government focused on protecting freedom? Or ensuring that your needs are met? (according to the government's estimation of your needs).
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

My point is that if we make government our principal provider, it will be our master. Access to the things we need will depend on staying on good terms with whomever is in office.
That's fascism

Pretty much. But it's where we're heading.

It's good to see that no one is supporting the idea that government is there to take care of us. But I do see that sentiment expressed frequently by posters on the board. Maybe they're shy.

just LIKE a lot of dumbass threads -NO PROOF --NOTHING to back up their stupid shit

Sorry to disappoint you. What is your opinion? Would you rather have government focused on protecting freedom? Or ensuring that your needs are met? (according to the government's estimation of your needs).
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

My point is that if we make government our principal provider, it will be our master. Access to the things we need will depend on staying on good terms with whomever is in office.
do you---ahhhhhhh---have an EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Your googler broken? Lazy prick. Do your own research.

No, you do the research so the critics can sit on their ass and try to rip it apart based upon their opinions. THAT is how this board works.

...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically
..please give examples of dependency

Huh... I assumed a basic level of political awareness on the part of the reader. Google "US welfare programs" or something similar. You'll get there.

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

They work for us

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

No, you do the research so the critics can sit on their ass and try to rip it apart based upon their opinions. THAT is how this board works.
no evidence = BULLSHIT

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

if you want to look like an idiot that's fine with me
no evidence = bullshit
....enough of your dumbshit...I try to civilly discuss your OP and you are a JACKASS about it
1. no evidence-nothing explained/etc
2. you're a jackass about it
3. adios

Last edited:
Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

no evidence = BULLSHIT

There is one thing that I've never witnessed on these boards:

I have never witnessed an incident where even mountains of evidence changed the balance when a critic didn't want to accept the truth or, better still, allow someone to have a differing opinion.

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

They work for us

Some of us. So what?

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

They work for us

Some of us. So what?
All of us

You can't have it both ways. To the extent that government is your caretaker, it is your master.
Government works for We the People

Doesn't change a single thing about what I said.

Afraid it does
Government provides the services We the People demand......makes us the master

Randy Weaver moved far into the woods and demanded to be left alone. The government responded by killing members of his family (including a deliberate head shot by an experienced sniper on an unarmed mother as she held her infant with one arm while holding a door open) and the family dog in a cowardly attack.

You might want your name attached to that and the thousands of incidents of government sponsored murder, but not me. That government which governs least, governs best.

You can't have it both ways. To the extent that government is your caretaker, it is your master.

Afraid it does

Randy Weaver moved far into the woods and demanded to be left alone. The government responded by killing members of his family (including a deliberate head shot by an experienced sniper on an unarmed mother as she held her infant with one arm while holding a door open) and the family dog in a cowardly attack.

You might want your name attached to that and the thousands of incidents of government sponsored murder, but not me. That government which governs least, governs best.
All he had to do is comply with a legal request
Instead, he went for his guns

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

They work for us

Some of us. So what?
All of us
Nope. Only the majority.

Trump owns no one

What's your point.?

They work for us

Some of us. So what?
All of us
Nope. Only the majority.
All of us

Afraid it does

All he had to do is comply with a legal request
Instead, he went for his guns

Not true. He was not notified in a timely manner. You're leaving out the facts of the case. The government lost in court and Weaver was awarded a substantial amount of money. That money cannot bring back his family, however.

Forum List

Back