What is the meaning of free in the words free will?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
So, what is the meaning of the word free in the term free will?

Free will is a term used very often in religious works, as well as in psychology and in psychiatry. Probably also in many other areas related to medicine and even in politics.

So, what is free will?

My two penny worth is, that free will is the number of combinations in which a person or anything can exist in. Everything that exists has a structure. The number of combinations that that structure can be put together in, is its free will. For people, as well ad things, alike.

But what is all the other definitions for free will?

Thanks!

Free will is a term used very often in religious works, as well as in psychology and in psychiatry. Probably also in many other areas related to medicine and even in politics.

So, what is free will?

My two penny worth is, that free will is the number of combinations in which a person or anything can exist in. Everything that exists has a structure. The number of combinations that that structure can be put together in, is its free will. For people, as well ad things, alike.

Thanks!
"My two penny worth is, that free will is the number of combinations in which a person or anything can exist in. Everything that exists has a structure. The number of combinations that that structure can be put together in, is its free will. For people, as well ad things, alike. "

You defined your whole Universe and moral existence structure. What total BS. Argue with your own self, fuck face.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
"My two penny worth is, that free will is the number of combinations in which a person or anything can exist in. Everything that exists has a structure. The number of combinations that that structure can be put together in, is its free will. For people, as well ad things, alike. "

You defined your whole Universe and moral existence structure. What total BS. Argue with your own self, fuck face.
Free will is the Ability to tell you that was the dumbest most useless post I've read in a long time. combine your existence with your two pennys worth and it still ads up to an bullshit !

Free means open source. Will was Willies dad ?
sparkylinux_energized_by_liquidsky64-d7zm4jh.png

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
I just broke it down to just meaning your free to make your own decisions on what's right or wrong...I don't get to philosophical about it

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
Interesting question but I have a big ol question mark floating over my head. Its like asking how to prove "love".

So, what is free will?

Thanks!

Hmmm how angry .... Is it something I said?

So, what is free will?

Thanks!

Free will is the Ability to tell you that was the dumbest most useless post I've read in a long time. combine your existence with your two pennys worth and it still ads up to an bullshit !

Do I deduce that you don't believe in free will? That can be I guess a definition too.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
I just broke it down to just meaning your free to make your own decisions on what's right or wrong...I don't get to philosophical about it

This is very interesting. So then free will may depend on what school it is coming from.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
Interesting question but I have a big ol question mark floating over my head. Its like asking how to prove "love".

Yes. This question is extremely complicated. Yet it is used so often everywhere.

The popular conception of "free will" is incoherent and contradictory. Most people think of it as a decision or act unconstrained by cause and effect. But when you think that through, it essentially means "random" - and it's hard to see why random is any more desirable than deterministic.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!

This is very interesting. So then free will may depend on what school it is coming from.
Yup...

By the grace of God through Jesus Christ, a falsely accused man has the right to remain silent. Under the old testament Law; a falsely accused man has a duty to witness. We have the free will to choose to remain silent and be nailed to a tree or do our duty and let the chips fall where they may.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
It means you have the free will to do as your told, otherwise you go to hell.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
Not exactly... It means one has choices, and every choice comes with obligations. One either allows GOD to deal with those obligations, or one accepts to deal with them alone. Hell is the result of accepting to deal with the obligations alone. The Morning Star (Lucifer) will eventually reside in hell because he wants to be GOD. And hell will remain hell because Satan is incapable of creation and because he hates humanity.

So, what is free will?

Thanks!
Not exactly... It means one has choices, and every choice comes with obligations. One either allows GOD to deal with those obligations, or one accepts to deal with them alone. Hell is the result of accepting to deal with the obligations alone. The Morning Star (Lucifer) will eventually reside in hell because he wants to be GOD. And hell will remain hell because Satan is incapable of creation and because he hates humanity.
So I was right, if I don't follow god, I burn in hell. That's called free will for some reason. Pretty crazy stuff.

Forum List

Back