What is the ideal republican solution to the economic effects of the pandemic?

What republican policy would protect those millions of people who now can’t pay their rent?

What republican policy would deliver medical supplies to hospitals in desperate need?

What republican policy would provide relief to the elderly in the middle of a pandemic?

Keep in mind that if McConnell had it his way, the large majority of the stimulus would have been a slush fund to corporations and those making less than 75k per year would get a one time measly payment of $600. Don’t you all find that pathetic?

Let this time after millions of tries be the last time the general public see how useless it is to vote republican.
View attachment 319756

Please STFU with that red herring nonsense, Trump NEVER warned anyone about pandemic risks.
He tried to prevent it, democrats called him racist lol

Ahhh I see, it was Democrats fault because they called him a name. Gotcha.

Be that as it may, your little meme is bullshit.

Trump never warned, let alone prepared this country for a pandemic. Him being able to put up 40 foot south border wall and move all conveyor belt jobs to America would prevent exactly nothing.
Of course he tried to stop it, he’s a great leader

How?

He was a president for three years. National emergency medical supply was low. Did he do ANYTHING to increase it?

He fired infectious disease advisory from Security Council, disbanded pandemic response offices and never replaced. Not very GREAT, is it?

Last edited:
What republican policy would protect those millions of people who now can’t pay their rent?

What republican policy would deliver medical supplies to hospitals in desperate need?

What republican policy would provide relief to the elderly in the middle of a pandemic?

Keep in mind that if McConnell had it his way, the large majority of the stimulus would have been a slush fund to corporations and those making less than 75k per year would get a one time measly payment of $600. Don’t you all find that pathetic?

Let this time after millions of tries be the last time the general public see how useless it is to vote republican.

What democrat policy would protect those millions of people who now can’t pay their rent?

What democrat policy would deliver medical supplies to hospitals in desperate need?

What democrat policy would provide relief to the elderly in the middle of a pandemic?

Keep in mind that if McConnell had it his way, the large majority of the stimulus would have been a slush fund to corporations

Yeah, whatever we do, we don't want to help corporations that employed tens of millions of people.

Don’t you all find that pathetic?

Yes, I find you incredibly pathetic.
Um Dems asking for rent and mortgage forgiveness in the next bill. You know they did that right? They asked for that in the last one but couldn’t get it on the table.

Um the help to hospitals was in the bill thaf was passed. If it wasn’t for democrats, that wouldn’t have been in the bill. Pelosi is the reason why the healthcare system got more funding.

Again that was in the bill of those on social security. if the Dems had their way, everyone would get a temporary $2000 per month instead of giving billions to corporations without any oversight.

Um Dems asking for rent and mortgage forgiveness in the next bill.

So the mortgage holders and landlords get screwed? Awesome!

Um the help to hospitals was in the bill thaf was passed.

The bill that passed in the Senate and was signed by Trump?

If it wasn’t for democrats, that wouldn’t have been in the bill.

Because Republicans don't want to help hospitals? Are you sure?

if the Dems had their way, everyone would get a temporary $2000 per month

Everyone? How many people for how many months?

instead of giving billions to corporations without any oversight.

Giving? Any more detail than that? Which corporations? How many billions gifted?
So just so we are clear, you have no idea what was in the final bill or what the specific senate bill was? Are you that ignorant? Why do you even bother? Are you suggesting I’m wrong? Based on what? You don’t even know what was proposed apparently lol.

View attachment 319756

Please STFU with that red herring nonsense, Trump NEVER warned anyone about pandemic risks.
He tried to prevent it, democrats called him racist lol

Ahhh I see, it was Democrats fault because they called him a name. Gotcha.

Be that as it may, your little meme is bullshit.

Trump never warned, let alone prepared this country for a pandemic. Him being able to put up 40 foot south border wall and move all conveyor belt jobs to America would prevent exactly nothing.
Of course he tried to stop it, he’s a great leader

How?

He was a president for three years. National emergency medical supply was low. Did he do ANYTHING to increase it?

He fired infectious disease advisory from Security Council, disbanded pandemic response offices and never replaced. Not very GREAT, is it?
More fallacies

TDS thread 1,312

All we have to do is pull together, decide we will go on as we know how to, forget any financial encumbrances and let those who have a problem (banks, insurers, marketheads and all other vultures) take a long walk off a short pier.
Having a common cause is not being communist.
Altruism is not anti-American.

“What is the ideal republican solution to the economic effects of the pandemic?”

Ignore the truth and facts about the pandemic, carry on business as usual, allow thousands to die, and by doing so avoid any negative economic repercussions.

What democrat policy would protect those millions of people who now can’t pay their rent?

What democrat policy would deliver medical supplies to hospitals in desperate need?

What democrat policy would provide relief to the elderly in the middle of a pandemic?

Keep in mind that if McConnell had it his way, the large majority of the stimulus would have been a slush fund to corporations

Yeah, whatever we do, we don't want to help corporations that employed tens of millions of people.

I will bite...

I would presume Democrats would go down the more European approach to this.

Europe asked employers to keep track of employees they had to send home during the crisis. They stay on rate of pay, which they still receive from there employer (100% - 70% generally. poorer more/rich less ) - government pay the employer but they stay on the books and are still employed by business they work for. A lot try and help the business if they can.
This means on day back they have a job, they can pay rent, they can volunteer for other work as well...

There is a saying 'Fail to Prepare, Prepare to fail'. Trump dismantled Obama's early warning system set up with in the CDC, he also canned the Predict Project which was to acquire or make PPE equipment. This is all about preparation, you notice trump said that you could get this all back in when the crisis hits. Guess what you can't... Preparing for a Crisis is about scenarios and running through them time and time again. Any Fireman will tell the drills he does for everything but one of those drills are essential, acquiring that equipment in a timely fashion was part of that drill.
Another thing is to keep the maintenance contracts on respirators renewed.
An exercise on a pandemic virus was workshop between Obama and Trump administrations days before they handed over. Was that ever rerun? IT turns out that less than a third of the people in the room are still in the White House. This is the cost of turning over so much staff.

Cocooning... Elderly are told not to meet anyone and to stay at home. Not even allowed to meet family or friends. The government using charities and preparedness again will deliver from the supermarket, if that can't be done in exceptional circumstances they are allowed to drive to the supermarket and they pay by credit card and put shopping in the trunk and drive off... There is various ways of doing it.. There is also a list of exceptions like Doctor is allowed to visit.
For Elderly that need home assistance, it is generally tried to be provided by the family (another exception) as home helps can be in multiple houses and your family is in one.

As the tests get better and we possible know more how to treat it, areas can be released back from lockdown.

“What is the ideal republican solution to the economic effects of the pandemic?”

Ignore the truth and facts about the pandemic, carry on business as usual, allow thousands to die, and by doing so avoid any negative economic repercussions.
That was the plan but there was a problem. Your general US population has over the years been scared half to death by fear mongering Politicians, TV pundits, zombie movies... America doesn't have universal healthcare... So the economy is going to get a major hit anyway.

So look at Sweden, they very polite people who are self aware and compliant. They have the least restrictions in Europe. Bars and restaurant are still open (with reduced capacity)... They stopped the major amount of testing. But even they have changed there tune
Sweden prepares for possible tighter coronavirus measures as deaths rise

This is because with the same amount of cases as Norway(one of the highest test per captia) they over 6 times the deaths.

I'm gonna get tested maybe ...the Orwellian procedures even at dive ups are turning me off ...

If ya had it ,have the anti bodies and youre virus free ...you can start clearing the population fast and send em back to work
Why do you just make shit up and expect anyone to take you seriously?
oh the irony

Democrats run the House in charge of new legislation. What have they done besides try to fund the Kennedy Center?

Democrats run the House in charge of new legislation. What have they done besides try to fund the Kennedy Center?

Last I checked, something like 360 billion dollars would be going out to families. The rest would be going out to factories and manufacturers and hospitals and things, or won't you complain when this is over and you have no food, no durable goods, no restaurants, no small businesses, no construction, no sports, and no infrastructure to hire everyone back to work again?

To "open up the country"...by Easter!

"The market" will fix it, dontcha know.
We need to go back to work sooner rather than later
Like it or not, business like usual in weeks time would be all the more catastrophic. You all need to sack up and admit that this crisis has no easy fix whatsoever.
If the death rate is .6% as many experts suspect then sooner or later every American will have to face the chinese epidemic

and .6% will die

but the rest will go on living

that sounds harsh but it cant be avoided
Actually the death rate is well over 1% and that is convenient for you to say because none of your loved ones have been affected...yet.
Actually the death rate is well over 1%

I dont think do

most people are not tested but may have the chinese virus and never know it
Which would obviously make the number of cases AND deaths much higher and therefore the percentage is less relevant. The flu in comparison, that has no shortage of diagnosis yet is 0.1% In the death rate. I seriously doubt the death rate for Coronavirus is less than 1% thus making it still 10x deadlier.
Maybe 6 times deadlier

but sooner or later every American will contact the chinese virus no matter how long you try to hide from it
If we did nothing from the start, millions would be dead in a year and we would be in the middle of a second Great Depression.
We did something so millions will not die
And yet you have no insight whatsoever that it has been enough.
do you have more insight than the rest of us?

we are all just guessing, hoping, wishing

what I do know is that every week the nation remains shut down the harder it will be to get the economy restarted

we cant ignore the virus but we cant ignore the economy either

i think it depends of the location

new york city an$ other hot spots will stay at home the longest

I understand that

but even the Big Apple has to come out of hiding someday

and the longer they wait the longer and deeper the recession will be
You sure use a lot of words for not saying nothin.

Again, I ask...how soon, and under what circumstances would this work?

Since you brought it up, why not start w/New York.

Go for it.
I dont know how long we need to stay at home in your area and you dont know how long we need to stay at home in mine

I dont know how long we need to stay at home in your area and you dont know how long we need to stay at home in mine
You don't know, you don't know, you don't know. Yet you INSIST that "things go back to normal." You're really not an honest broker, because that was not the question, so you still haven't answered it.

Anyway, since you too much of a yellowbelly to answer it, here's my answer...

We need to continue to stay at home, for at least a month, this will allow the virus to "pass through" the community/country, etc. allow the medical establishments to get a handle on it.

To get any form of normalcy, we have to RAMP UP testing as never before, like everybody getting tested, and periodically. That way people will have a sense of who is healthly and who has disease. The healthy can go into community, go back to work, etc. the sick stay home or in health establishments.

This is the ONLY way forward.

Our POTUS don't want, or isn't talking about any of these.

Does what I'm stating here make sense to you?

Those corporations need consumers with cash to spend.

Worst troll thread ever.
Yep, ask a trumpet for solutions and you are a troll. We get it all you can do is bitch and blame. It will be interesting if some conservatives offer solutions, I hope they will. We expect nothing but stupidity from trumpets.

Um Dems asking for rent and mortgage forgiveness in the next bill. You know they did that right? They asked for that in the last one but couldn’t get it on the table.

Um the help to hospitals was in the bill thaf was passed. If it wasn’t for democrats, that wouldn’t have been in the bill. Pelosi is the reason why the healthcare system got more funding.

Again that was in the bill of those on social security. if the Dems had their way, everyone would get a temporary $2000 per month instead of giving billions to corporations without any oversight.

Um Dems asking for rent and mortgage forgiveness in the next bill.

So the mortgage holders and landlords get screwed? Awesome!

Um the help to hospitals was in the bill thaf was passed.

The bill that passed in the Senate and was signed by Trump?

If it wasn’t for democrats, that wouldn’t have been in the bill.

Because Republicans don't want to help hospitals? Are you sure?

if the Dems had their way, everyone would get a temporary $2000 per month

Everyone? How many people for how many months?

instead of giving billions to corporations without any oversight.

Giving? Any more detail than that? Which corporations? How many billions gifted?
yep, just bitching no solutions. You trumpets are real good at that.

Forum List

Back