What is "Social Justice?"

Are there laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation? Why......yes there are.

Just as there were laws mandating segregated seating on busses. Both are an infringement on liberty. Both need to go.
I can think of nothing more intrusive and contrary to liberty than forcing people to engage in commerce against their will.

I'm sure that if a baker refused to bake and decorate a cake as a confederate battle flag there would be no judge saying make that cake.

I'm sure that if a baker refused to bake and decorate a cake as a confederate battle flag there would be no judge saying make that cake.

Because, subjectively, that is OK with the PC crowd... they will not bat an eye if it is something THEY deem offensive.. but don't you DARE be offended by what they accept

What law would be cited in the lawsuit? Assholery?

Here are some other cakes that a baker can legally refuse to make:

An American flag cake.
A Boston Redsox cake.
A Barack Obama "Yes We Can" cake.
A big penis cake.

You see........no discrimination laws broken with any of those.

Isn't this fun?!

What on earth is "Social Justice?" What does it mean to you? Why does the left want to advance this idea?

I tend to go with Thomas Sowell's definition in this regard:

John Rawls perhaps best summarized the differences when he distinguished "fair" equality of opportunity from merely "formal" equality of opportunity. Traditional justice, fairness, or equality of opportunity are merely formal in Professor Rawls' view and in the view of his many followers and comrades. For those with this view, "genuine equality of opportunity" cannot be achieved by the application of the same rules and standards to all, but requires specific interventions to equalize either prospects or results. As Rawls puts it, "undeserved inequalities call for redress."
A fight in which both boxers observe the Marquis of Queensberry rules would be a fair fight, according to traditional standards of fairness, irrespective of whether the contestants were of equal skill, strength, experience or other factors likely to affect the outcome-- and irrespective of whether that outcome was a hard-fought draw or a completely one-sided beating.
This would not, however, be a fair fight within the framework of those seeking "social justice," if the competing fighters came into the ring with very different prospects of success-- especially if these differences were due to factors beyond their control.
Presumably, the vast ranges of undeserved inequalities found everywhere are the fault of "society" and so the redressing of those inequalities is called social justice, going beyond the traditional justice of presenting each individual with the same rules and standards.

Why does the left want so badly to have social justice as its goal? Because there will always be cosmic inequalities, and so they will always have jobs.

An American flag cake.
A Boston Redsox cake.
A big penis cake.

Isn't this fun?!

Then why can't he refuse to bake a cake with two fags on it?

As long as people live by their inborn instincts and traits, social justice will be nothing more than an illusion, a misguided dream, living only in the minds of misbegotten misfits.

An American flag cake.
A Boston Redsox cake.
A big penis cake.

Isn't this fun?!

You just wanted to say "fags", right? Are you giggling now?

The law says he can't. Maybe your way of thinking will have a resurgence and you can get the anti-discriminations laws repealed. Good luck with that.

An American flag cake.
A Boston Redsox cake.
A big penis cake.

Isn't this fun?!

You just wanted to say "fags", right? Are you giggling now?

The law says he can't. Maybe your way of thinking will have a resurgence and you can get the anti-discriminations laws repealed. Good luck with that.

If they don't want to be called names, then they should quit shoving their "lifestyle" in everyone's faces.

The law is wrong. Government has no authority to force you to serve anyone.

It may take 100 years, but they will be repealed, or the part of the U.S. I live in will secede from the union.

The first 10 amendments, aka the Bill of Rights, are actually restrictions and limits on the fed... not something that government enforces against one citizen because of another
Well, there are some fundamental liberties that we take for granted such as freedom of Religion and the right to bear arms. There are many places around the world where you cannot enjoy these freedoms. You could even get killed for belonging to the wrong faith.

Here we do have the Bill of Rights, but we need to enforce it. That for me is social justice. For instance one should not have to choose between giving up his faith or going to jail. We've seen this recently with the baker that was forced by a judge to bake gay wedding cakes even though it falls in conflict with his faith.

Gay wedding cakes?

Such a weak argument. Have you actually given that subject some thought? What crazy things could someone do.....or refuse to do....in the name of their faith?

I have to wonder about anyone who thinks making choices about who to associate with and not associate with is "crazy".

Are there laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation? Why......yes there are.

There are also laws in this country against carrying ice cream cones in your back pocket and flicking boogers into the wind. You lefties can never figure out the difference between "legal" and "good idea". Just like you can't figure out the difference between "justice" and "social justice", or that no amount of legislating will ever make the universe "fair".

If only because your average Confederate would just shrug and go find another baker, rather than whining and demanding that the first baker be forced to validate their life choices.

An American flag cake.
A Boston Redsox cake.
A big penis cake.

Isn't this fun?!

Because homosexuals whine and cry a lot.

Forum List

Back