What is "Social Justice?"

Stealing from people you don't like and giving to people you do like. But since it's Government...you have to squander and waste a lot of the money when you redistribute the wealth. :)

No it's not you kidder. Quit kidding.

That's exactly what it is. Another way to say it is that "social justice" is a euphemism meaning "organized plunder" or "looting."

What on earth is "Social Justice?" What does it mean to you? Why does the left want to advance this idea?

Listen to some of what Obama has said:

Give the wealth back to it's rightful owners.
Spread the wealth around.

First, he is assuming that some people are the rightful owners of the wealth in this country and he seemed to infer that the rightful owners are not the people who have that money in their bank accounts. Redistribution is how he plans to "return" the money.

There are lots of reasons people are wealthy. Good head for business, good investments, inheritance and, of course, there is always the illegal way where they take money without people's consent. The ones who usually take money from us against our will is the government. And they waste much of it as they use it for their own interests. I don't see much difference between them and the common criminal.

As far as personal wealth, I am always amazed at how politicians turn into millionaires while serving their terms. Curious, considering their pay and their constant complaints of the cost of living in Washington. Of course, they can legally commit crimes, such as insider trading, and become wealthy while the rest of us would do time for that. I also wonder how much they take from lobbyists.

They have some sleazy practices, yet always look to middle class people when proceeding with their wealth redistribution. They want to "help" their voters, but not with their own money.

When politicians talk about social justice, they mean that government should have more power to control us. It's all about votes and power. Anyone who believes the empty rhetoric is actually about any kind of justice is just crazy.

What on earth is "Social Justice?" What does it mean to you? Why does the left want to advance this idea?

Listen to some of what Obama has said:

Give the wealth back to it's rightful owners.
Spread the wealth around.

First, he is assuming that some people are the rightful owners of the wealth in this country and he seemed to infer that the rightful owners are not the people who have that money in their bank accounts. Redistribution is how he plans to "return" the money.

There are lots of reasons people are wealthy. Good head for business, good investments, inheritance and, of course, there is always the illegal way where they take money without people's consent. The ones who usually take money from us against our will is the government. And they waste much of it as they use it for their own interests. I don't see much difference between them and the common criminal.

As far as personal wealth, I am always amazed at how politicians turn into millionaires while serving their terms. Curious, considering their pay and their constant complaints of the cost of living in Washington. Of course, they can legally commit crimes, such as insider trading, and become wealthy while the rest of us would do time for that. I also wonder how much they take from lobbyists.

They have some sleazy practices, yet always look to middle class people when proceeding with their wealth redistribution. They want to "help" their voters, but not with their own money.

When politicians talk about social justice, they mean that government should have more power to control us. It's all about votes and power. Anyone who believes the empty rhetoric is actually about any kind of justice is just crazy.

Obama says one thing and then signs Foreign Trade deals that do exactly the opposite.
How's your portfolio, assuming you have one.
You MUST have one since you're a Republican.
And if it's doing better than it was under GW, I would suggest you pay more attention to the legislation than the rhetoric.

And yes, from what I've seen so far, The ACA is a Price Point disaster.

Enforcement of the Bill of Rights within the constitution.

How the heck did you come to that conclusion?
I believe that social justice should allow for fundamental liberties such as freedom of religion as well as freedom to keep and bear arms.
These fundamental liberties were explicitly recognized soon after the Philadelphia Convention.

Why the advocacy for social justice since then?

Last edited:
A good example of "social justice" is in the black reparations movement. That somehow, because blacks were brought here as slaves (as were my ancestors) that I am somehow "owed" something by an evil country that would permit such a thing.

It's BS from beginning to end.

It's nothing more than a "shake down" by those like Sharpton and Jackson.

Of course the other side of that is that some people have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the present century, always have, people like you who think things should just stay like they were when your grandaddy was pup have always stood in the road to perfecting our union.

What? I'll be damned before I'm dragged kicking and screaming anywhere, son. Not by the likes of you conformist, eurocentric liberals anyhow. And from here on out, you'd better leave my grandfather out of this? Got it?

That's what the segregationists said and look at how their self-righteous battle against social justice turned out. People like you are always on the wrong side of history uselessly fighting to keep the same social divisions and scapegoats as your parents, at least you will mostly die of old age soon and you can't take the world with you when you go.

"People like me" huh? Is this your form of social justice? Stereotypes? I am never ever going to be on the wrong side of history, but you sir, are on the wrong side of the argument. If you want to speak of social divisions, look what far left democrats like you have done between the secular and the religious, the straight and the gay, the black and the white. And you preach to me about engendering social division?

You barked up the wrong tree pal.

Of course the other side of that is that some people have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the present century, always have, people like you who think things should just stay like they were when your grandaddy was pup have always stood in the road to perfecting our union.

What? I'll be damned before I'm dragged kicking and screaming anywhere, son. Not by the likes of you conformist, eurocentric liberals anyhow. And from here on out, you'd better leave my grandfather out of this? Got it?

That's what the segregationists said and look at how their self-righteous battle against social justice turned out. People like you are always on the wrong side of history uselessly fighting to keep the same social divisions and scapegoats as your parents, at least you will mostly die of old age soon and you can't take the world with you when you go.

Segregationist were against social justice? That may be but they were also against equality before the law for black citizens. Supporting equality before the law and not the idea of social justice, on the other hand, does not make one equivalent to a segregationist. Very bad analogy!

A good example of "social justice" is in the black reparations movement. That somehow, because blacks were brought here as slaves (as were my ancestors) that I am somehow "owed" something by an evil country that would permit such a thing.

It's BS from beginning to end.

It's nothing more than a "shake down" by those like Sharpton and Jackson.

By that same reasoning how much do they owe families of pre Civil War Southern whites for not living in aids stricken impoverished corrupt Africa? If that is their idea of social justice I suppose a balance is due.

Social Justice. Making one race feel guilty while propping the other up on a pedestal. Racism, in other words. White guilt, affirmative action. Making same sex marriage superior to heterosexual marriage, suspending a man for insulting gays...

Social Justice. Because the only way for the left to advance an idea is to force it on you.

Conformist, Eurocentric? Explain.

It is true, dragging you would be an unenviable task.

And....you can sheath that plastic sword.....he did not insult your grandfather. It was a platitude. A innocent expression. Tool.

"People like me" huh? Is this your form of social justice? Stereotypes? I am never ever going to be on the wrong side of history, but you sir, are on the wrong side of the argument. If you want to speak of social divisions, look what far left democrats like you have done between the secular and the religious, the straight and the gay, the black and the white. And you preach to me about engendering social division?

You barked up the wrong tree pal.

What have far left Democrats done between those groups? Want to discuss that...since you said it? Or are you a hollow tree?

Here ya go, from the horse's mouth:
Social justice embodies the vision of a society that is equitable and in which all members are physically and psychologically safe.* Social justice also demands that all people have a right to basic human dignity and to have their basic economic needs met. Our commitment to social justice recognizes that health is affected by a host of social factors. It is not possible to address trauma and violence without also wrestling with poverty, racism, sexism, classism, homophobia and all other forms of stigma. Because of this, we cannot ignore deep seated inequalities as we seek answers to problems like violence and trauma. Rather, we must struggle with these problems clearly and honestly.
What is Social Justice? | Center for Nonviolence and Social Justice

OK. So first is the idea of "fair." Second is the idea that people deserve some kind of level of "basic economic needs." Third is the idea of security, which revolves around addressing the root causes of poverty and violence, which are a host of things white men do and believe.
So we have redistribution of income to the less worthwhile and white guilt. I am dead certain gun control factors in there somewhere.

Forum List

Back