What is racist, and what is not?

That would truly be the most inviting offer that I've had today, but a little less entertaining.

So, in one last ditch effort to make sense of what you're attempting to say, what makes you think I'm "bent" over what YOU want to see on television?

You made it quite clear that you are "bent" over what's being broadcast on television currently, and as I told you before, I thought it was "humorous", but I never implied that it was "racist", so you need to stop projecting and go back and read your own words.

Speaking for myself, since I recall quite well what it was like when there was very little if any diversity in television, or the movies, I don't waste my time getting upset over the racial makeup of who is reporting the news or playing a character on a series, however, as I told you, equal exposure by race as YOU would like to see in the entertainment industry would actually work in favor of minorities, and overall, you would see even less of a presence of White actors, directors, and support personnel, as the following most recent diversity report will show you.

As far as Amos and Andy, one last time......S L O W L Y just for you:

What is truly pathetic is that you do not posses the mental acuity to understand, that the point about Amos and Andy, was simply that when the show was seen on a syndicated basis from 1960 through 1966, it actually ran for a LONGER period of time than it did when it was originally broadcast, and during that time,
television did not even remotely represent the general population by race.

Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

That being said, enjoy your day and life in general as well.
Gad! What tf is WRONG WITH YOU?!

Will you PLEASE stop posting to me? What does it take to get rid of you?

As I finished my last answer to you, last night, I noticed that you are a Moderator. First, I was surprised. Next, I laughed my ass off. Finally, I felt a bit sad that the board would have someone like you as a "Moderator." You are anything but moderate, imo.

You started a Food Fight, yesterday, for reasons only you could possibly understand. You've twisted my words and intent. You've insulted me. You've proven that you're incapable of comprehending even simple, clear statements. And you INSIST you are correct even when it is crystal clear you are dead wrong.

In my years here, this is the only problem I've ever had with a Mod. All the Mods I've dealt with have been friendly and helpful. You are the lone exception. I've read posts by other members relating their bad experiences with moderators, but I didn't believe them. Now I know better.

If you want to question anyone's intelligence, I suggest you first have a long look in your mirror.

You've been acting like a badly behaved puppy, biting and pulling at a sock dropped by its owner. You simply HAVE to "prove" you're right. Even when no one cares, or wants to participate in your hollow, meaningless little arguments.

My position on media social engineering is straightforward:

1) There are far too many blacks on TV given their percentage of the population.
2) The ethnicity of actors on TV and commercials should reflect the U.S. population. NOT over-represent just one group.
3) Wanting a fair representation of our population in media is NOT racist. It is simply a call for reality in media.

Please have someone read and explain those points to you, as I noticed your comprehension is more than a little crippled.

In wondering why you would so persistently pursue a needless food fight, I could only come up with two possible reasons; 1) You are too insecure to ever admit you are wrong, or, 2) You wanted to irritate me to the point of driving me to insult you in some way that would allow you to Ban me from the board.

In turn, I ask the following: Please consider giving up your Moderators post for the good of the forum. You are NOT "moderate." And you are completely incapable of fairly considering any position that differs the tiniest bit from your own.

Have a nice day. And, please, put me on your Ignore list. Thanks.

The ethnicity of actors on TV and commercials should reflect the U.S. population. NOT over-represent just one group.

Why? Are people really that fragile?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No, you are a racist. If you oppose AA you are for race-based policies. Before AA the policy was racial exclusion and whites only. I am not anti-white, only white racists here make that claim. You are called a racist based upon your posts. Therefore you are being judged by the content of your character.
I kind of disagree with this…I think the issues surrounding AA are more complicated than that. AA itself is a race (gender, ethnicity) based policy. When it was first adopted there was no question it was needed. Years later, it isn’t racist to ask if it is still needed or to feel it isn’t.

Wanting our television shows and commercials to realistically reflect our population percentages is certainly NOT racist.

Blacks are about 13% of the population. And they certainly should get 13% of the acting jobs. BUT, what is happening today is runaway social engineering. It's disgusting.

I want television and other media to honestly reflect our society. I do NOT want to see a black person every time I look at my TV screen.

Right now, our TV programming and ads look as if they were produced in some African shithole. And it's sure as Hell not what I want to see.

Filling our TV screens with blacks, is what IS racist.
So…you oppose blacks getting acting jobs they are qualified for if they are over representing their race’s proportion of the population?

• Thanks
Then it is self inflicted.

Black people in America do not control the decision making in the upper echelon of media distribution management, whether the content leans left, or it leans right.

If you do some investigating, you will quickly see who controls the vast majority of what the general public views or hears.

The fact is that marketing research teams, just like politicians, alwsys look for opportunities outside of who their core business consists of.

If they target their marketing efforts towards a demographic that is stagnate or declining, ultimately, they will eliminate themselves, because that demographic will continue to age and eventually die.

So obviously, marketing professionals are always going to be in search of a new audience to appeal to.....or exploit.

It is not discrimination. It is business.

I witnessed that fact first hand, while working in both the marketing and entertainment divisions of Sony for 35 years.
I think that is what people just don’t understand wnether they are crying out about blacks being “over represented” in Disney ads or anything else…it is a business decision and obviously it is expanding their market or they wouldn’t be doing it.

I'm one of those people complaining about the "overrepresentation" of blacks on television.

You asked if we were equally outraged about the exclusion of blacks on tv in the "not so distant past."

The "not so distant past" you brought up, regarding Amos & Andy, was 70 fucking years ago. Times have changed, radically. But you are probably always ready to enjoy a great old whine. It was probably a very good year. Lol.

As I wrote in my post, blacks are 13% of the population, they deserve to be considered for 13% of acting jobs.

But, speaking for myself, I want television to reflect our society with a bit of accuracy. Today's TV content looks as though it was created in, and for, some African shithole.

What is being forced on America today, in the guise of televised "entertainment," is social engineering - plain and simple. It bears NO resemblance to reality. So of course it's irritating. It's fake as Hell, and meant only to appease the biggest troublemakers in our society.
Sounds like you support quotas.

• Funny
I kind of disagree with this…I think the issues surrounding AA are more complicated than that. AA itself is a race (gender, ethnicity) based policy. When it was first adopted there was no question it was needed. Years later, it isn’t racist to ask if it is still needed or to feel it isn’t.
You may not be a racist but racists do most of the questioning. Things have not equalized so I find it difficult to understand why this is being questioned. And really the issues are not more complicated. Whites have whined about the policy since it started and began trying to end it by claiming less qualified blacks were getting while denying almost 200 years of unqualified whites being allowed jobs or admission almost from the start.

Marco DeFUNIS et al., Petitioners, v. Charles ODEGAARD, President of the University of Washington. Marco DeFUNIS et al., Petitioners, v. Charles ODEGAARD, President of the University of Washington.

You may not be a racist but racists do most of the questioning. Things have not equalized so I find it difficult to understand why this is being questioned. And really the issues are not more complicated. Whites have whined about the policy since it started and began trying to end it by claiming less qualified blacks were getting while denying almost 200 years of unqualified whites being allowed jobs or admission almost from the start.

Marco DeFUNIS et al., Petitioners, v. Charles ODEGAARD, President of the University of Washington. Marco DeFUNIS et al., Petitioners, v. Charles ODEGAARD, President of the University of Washington.
What I mean by “more complicated” is that if, after all this time, we still need affirmative action, then affirmative action isn’t the answer anymore.

Gad! What tf is WRONG WITH YOU?!

Will you PLEASE stop posting to me? What does it take to get rid of you?

As I finished my last answer to you, last night, I noticed that you are a Moderator. First, I was surprised. Next, I laughed my ass off. Finally, I felt a bit sad that the board would have someone like you as a "Moderator." You are anything but moderate, imo.

You started a Food Fight, yesterday, for reasons only you could possibly understand. You've twisted my words and intent. You've insulted me. You've proven that you're incapable of comprehending even simple, clear statements. And you INSIST you are correct even when it is crystal clear you are dead wrong.

In my years here, this is the only problem I've ever had with a Mod. All the Mods I've dealt with have been friendly and helpful. You are the lone exception. I've read posts by other members relating their bad experiences with moderators, but I didn't believe them. Now I know better.

If you want to question anyone's intelligence, I suggest you first have a long look in your mirror.

You've been acting like a badly behaved puppy, biting and pulling at a sock dropped by its owner. You simply HAVE to "prove" you're right. Even when no one cares, or wants to participate in your hollow, meaningless little arguments.

My position on media social engineering is straightforward:

1) There are far too many blacks on TV given their percentage of the population.
2) The ethnicity of actors on TV and commercials should reflect the U.S. population. NOT over-represent just one group.
3) Wanting a fair representation of our population in media is NOT racist. It is simply a call for reality in media.

Please have someone read and explain those points to you, as I noticed your comprehension is more than a little crippled.

In wondering why you would so persistently pursue a needless food fight, I could only come up with two possible reasons; 1) You are too insecure to ever admit you are wrong, or, 2) You wanted to irritate me to the point of driving me to insult you in some way that would allow you to Ban me from the board.

In turn, I ask the following: Please consider giving up your Moderators post for the good of the forum. You are NOT "moderate." And you are completely incapable of fairly considering any position that differs the tiniest bit from your own.

Have a nice day. And, please, put me on your Ignore list. Thanks.
This is petty and weak.

This guy is worried about commercial actors when the TV Network, station and business doing the Ads are owned by whites.

Last edited:
What I mean by “more complicated” is that if, after all this time, we still need affirmative action, then affirmative action isn’t the answer anymore.
Fair enough.

You're so pathetic that you can't admit that you were basing your entire argument on a SEVENTY YEAR OLD SHOW. Times have changed.

And don't worry about what offends me. Just be careful that you don't catch some serious disease as you run around kissing black ass. Lol.

Yes, I remember that, because I was a kid at the time too. I believe Julia was the first black lead character on a show. We thought it was fine. No problem. We were all aware of what a bigot Archie was. When Good Times came around, we were aware that attitudes were such that even though there was an intact black family, they had to be in the projects. And once Cosby came around, there was finally a professional, affluent black family. My family and I all saw this as advances, and it barely registered in me that Cosby was a black family - they were just interesting characters. I’m sure around that time is when blacks started being featured more on commercials, but honestly, I never noticed.

You all are acting as if people are upset by seeing blacks on TV, and elsewhere, and have even made those snide remarks about “oooh….you had to see black faces” type of thing. And we have said over and over that the issue is the OVERREPRESENTATION, which is extreme, in which a slim majority of the population is featured, and whites intentionally omitted. Why should a hair care company, displaying its wares for example, have four posters, and ALL four posters are blacks? Why should Turbo Tax have three stories from three of their customers, and ALL three customers are black? The other day, I watched three House Hunter episodes in a row: first was a black woman, the next was a bi-racial couple, and the third was a black couple.

I never noticed this type of thing until recently, but it’s so over the top that I can’t help it.
When I was growing up black girls had a difficult time purchasing and wearing nylon stockings because the only colors they made were shades for white women - nude was one I particularly remember.

Couldn't buy makeup in shades that flattered black skin tones either but everything that was made particularly for black people cost morel and had limited availaibility, including when they began making nylons in colors like "coffee" for example.

Hair care products are another example but one which is best addressed by specialized manufacturers.

Just because you see black people being allegedly "over-represented" in your opinion, that over-representation doesn't exclude you or cost you more money unlike when the opposite is true.

Do you know how petty it sounds to complain about something that doesn't actually cause you harm, inconvenience or more money?

• Thanks
Why? Are people really that fragile?
Actually, if what is aired on television currently mirrored relative population size by race, there would be even more minorities visible (Blacks included) than there are now.
The following report is not based on perceptions or feelings, it is based on actual numbers.

As I stated earlier in this very thread, I don't personally even pay much attention to this, because I recall when there was practically NO diversity in television, but I do receive the annual reports from UCLA, which measure almost every category in television and motion pictures.

• Thanks
So…you oppose blacks getting acting jobs they are qualified for if they are over representing their race’s proportion of the population?
Blacks, BLM, the left are forever whining about equality and fairness. But what has happened is that colleges, employers, government, and media began, and continue, to "shoehorn" blacks into jobs, schools, media, you name it, WITHOUT regard to their qualifications.

In fact, standards and qualifications were lowered and, in many cases, totally eliminated because blacks would never be able to compete for those positions against many more qualified whites, asians, etc.

Look at Biden, he has filled every possible post with black people, including the latest USSC vacancy. He refused to consider people of any other ethnicity. That is wrong, imo.

Blacks should be able to compete for any job for which they're qualified. But NO ONE should be chosen, for any position, over others who are more qualified, regardless of ethnicity. Just my opinion.

In media, especially television the preferential treatment given blacks has been especially pronounced. It is happening everywhere, but it is simply more visible on television.

With all the cries for fairness, I can'r see why blacks would object to others getting a shot at their fair share of acting jobs: Japanese and other asians, native americans, etc. Fair is fair. Blacks have been given a HUGE boost, and in MANY cases shoved to the front of the line, ahead of VASTLY more qualified people of many ethnicities.

This type of. "Affirmative Action" on behalf of blacks is, in itself, highly racist toward other more qualified people in many ethnicities.

Personally, I would greatly prefer television, including commercials, to reflect more accurately our population. That doesn't mean all whites. It simply means trying to more honestly portray our society.

As it stands today, there are so many blacks on TV and in ads, it would be easy to assume the programming was done in africa. It's completely skewed.

It's clear you don't know jack shit about me or what I believe.
All I hear from you is racism & excuses for your continued racism.
Your victim mentality is so firmly entrenched in racial grievances that you are blind to the obvious racism inherent in your beliefs & you have absolutely no benefit to society.
You are dividing force & destructive to your own race. It is people like you who hold back true progress for the blacks in this country.
I don't give a damn what you or your fellow racists think, just keep it away from me, my family, out of the schools, away from children & we won't have a problem.
It's a free country so you can stay on your poverty plantation & keep yourself a slave if that's your choice.
Fuck CRT & FBLM- you can shove it right in your ass & keep it crammed way up there with the crap where it belongs
Ahhh, your feelings are hurt? LOL

No wait, you're scared, but of WHAT?!? CRT is just the unvarnished version of American history that includes some of the details regarding chattel slavery and the societal laws, policies and procedures put into place to keep black people in "our place" and under the thumb of the white supremacist society, instead of the version of "whites as saviors".

The white supremacist foundations of the United States of American are indisputable fact as it is mentioned in many of the documents from the beginning of the U.S. and the laws and court rulings to enforce this belief system is entwined throughout all of American history and still exists today.

While I understand people not wanting their children to feel guilt over things that they personally were not responsible for, I don't know what kind of snowflakes are being raised if they can't tell the difference between things that they have done and things others have done.

But on the other hand, now that I think about i t, isn't that what you all do to us? One black person does something bad or criminal and all of us suffer backlash because of it. But a white veteran (T M) blows up a federal building and no one is saying all of sudden that white veterans are no longer trustworthy. Why is that, huh?

• Thanks
You are correct. It is ALL financially driven. and prominent sports figures around Los Angeles have a very large following, from predominantly Hispanic fans.

But the real power players in all of this are the tech firms that have purchased the rights to naming local sport venues after their specific brands, which provides instant recognition and revenue opportunities by having their brand associated with a well known sports franchise.

I was involved with a number of marketing projects with The Staples Center before I retired, and it had been a very popular sports and entertainment venue for years.

It is now renamed The Crypto.com Arena.

Wow, is nothing sacred :-(

• Funny
Ahhh, your feelings are hurt? LOL

No wait, you're scared, but of WHAT?!? CRT is just the unvarnished version of American history that includes some of the details regarding chattel slavery and the societal laws, policies and procedures put into place to keep black people in "our place" and under the thumb of the white supremacist society, instead of the version of "whites as saviors".

The white supremacist foundations of the United States of American are indisputable fact as it is mentioned in many of the documents from the beginning of the U.S. and the laws and court rulings to enforce this belief system is entwined throughout all of American history and still exists today.

While I understand people not wanting their children to feel guilt over things that they personally were not responsible for, I don't know what kind of snowflakes are being raised if they can't tell the difference between things that they have done and things others have done.

But on the other hand, now that I think about i t, isn't that what you all do to us? One black person does something bad or criminal and all of us suffer backlash because of it. But a white veteran (T M) blows up a federal building and no one is saying all of sudden that white veterans are no longer trustworthy. Why is that, huh?
Are you kidding? The White House and FBI were openly saying that white veterans were the biggest threat to the country. We were all considered probable terrorists, it was almost as bad as the post-Vietnam era when veterans were all portrayed as drug addled, crazed criminals.

No, you hear the truth and documented fact. There is nothing racist about what I believe because all whites are not the problem. You right-wing whites are. Those like you conflate yourselves as representative of all whites even when other whites here totally reject your bullshit. You and others with your zero-sum mentality are the dividers. I don't know what makes you think people of color are all happy with the situation in America. What we have been taught is what divides us. It's a white supremacist lie that scrubs like you call American history. Hell, the shit we've been taught isn't even half the story.

CRT is a legal theory taught in law schools. It was taught for nearly 40 years until trump used it to race bait you dumb asses in the hopes he could get enough whites made enough to vote for him. As a theory, CRT is absolutely correct, and if that causes you butthurt too fucking bad. And if teachers are teaching racial sensitivity, diversity, and the truth of our history, none of that is CRT.

History was recorded by whites. Whites created the legal system here and made it so that documentation was required. Whites created the free press in this country to create the record and hold public officials to account. You right-wingers brag about how whites created these things and today we are using what you created to force America to be the democracy you bitches brag about having. True democracy has only been given to whites, the rest of us have had limited democracy at best. That's what the record shows and until the record shows different we will fight.

You are a modern-day white serf serving your right-wing feudal lords punk. They tell you not to like something and like Pavlov's dogs you start slobbering. The truth will be taught. You don't like it? Move to a country where the truth is suppressed.
BRAVO IM2!!!

• Thanks
Sounds like you support quotas.
Not at all. I support balance of some sort.

But, in the best of all world's MERIT would be the determining factor in who gets a job, or who gets into the college of their choice. Merit, hard work, personal motivation, sacrifice, determination, skills, intelligence - THOSE are the only factors that should determine who gets into the best colleges, jobs, etc. BUT if these factors were strictly adhered to, most blacks would simply NOT be able to compete with people of other races.

You can call that "wacist" or call it what you will. It is true across the board. If it weren't true, there would be NO EXCUSE for using Affirmative Action to give blacks a HUGE and unfair edge over whites, asians, and other ethnic groups.

Last edited:
Quit exaggerating, no one is asking whites for money. It's our government who pays reparations.

By the way, since you admitted that you/your family received reparations, did any of that money go towards helping with your family's upward mobility?
Where do you think the government's money comes from? I'll clue you in, TAXPAYERS. There is no tax fairy that magically provides the government with money.

Forum List

Back