What is racist, and what is not?

Wow. You’re even nastier than I thought.

That’s not being a racist.

I can see how this is going to go. Some blacks (some are opposed to reparations) and leftists are going to demand that whites who did nothing pay blacks who are generations removed from slavery - and if you disagree, “you’re a raaaaacist!”

Stop already. The government allowed the harm to blacks generations ago, and blacks today have been benefiting from affirmative action - getting into colleges and grad programs they wouldn’t qualify for if white, getting jobs because companies are focused more on race than qualifications, and so forth. They’ve already been compensated through the favoritism we see these days.

And you ignored my entire story. My step-grandfather got reparations because he was physically damaged and suffered the rest of his life. You think that blacks who are college graduates, many from programs they were admitted to because of color, and now are professionals living in big colonial homes are comparable to a man who was left with a sliver of a stomach and couldn’t eat more than a few teaspoons at a time, and saw his wife and son whisked away from him??

Just have blacks who are poor do what my dad did, and in the face of horrible antisemitism: study hard, get into an educational program, don’t f around and have babies, work hard, and make a success of one’s life - or at least move out of poverty. Stop demanding money from whites who are not at fault.
There aren't very many blacks against reparations. Probably less than 3 percent. You are indeed a racist. You are pushing the same beliefs whites did 100 years ago while simultaneously saying it doesn't happen anymore. You've got a terrible case of cognitive dissonance.

Your father was able to benefit from being white. You have benefitted from AA. You falsely believe only blacks get AA after being shown multiple times that's not true. It is apparent that you are an anti black racist.

Bullshit.

Just your opinions. Of course you're welcome to believe whatever pleases you.

Standards and "qualifications" have been drastically lowered and, in many cases, completely removed in order to shoehorn blacks into colleges or jobs for which they would never, in a million years, otherwise qualify. If you can't see that, then you've chosen to wear blinders.

No one I am aware of has called for the complete removal of blacks from media or anywhere else. We are simply pointing to an obviously widespread social engineering effort. And it's working, and accepted by many of you.

I don't understand why seeking a bit of balance in the casting on TV and commercials is seen by lefties as a bad thing. NO ONE is saying all of the actors have to be white. But let's see some beautiful Asian faces, and yes, some beautiful blondes, too. Just give viewers a bit of variety. It's desperately needed right now.

We'll have to wait and see what results advertisers get from their "woke" experiments. But the truth is, even those in the business cannot honestly and accurately gauge their results from the ads they run. Notable exceptions being Direct Mail and some internet advertising.

That fact was vividly admitted long ago when the head of Pepsi Cola stated that "50 percent of my advertising dollars are being wasted, but I don't know which 50 percent." Of course I'm sure there are people posting here who "think" they know more than he did. Lol...
Bullshit. Your opinion doesn't hold more weight than anyone elses. Merit has never been a consideration for most of our history. White men don't hold all the high positions based on merit. And quit whining about commercials made by white owned companies.

Harvard: Harvard University | Data USA

The enrolled student population at Harvard University is 39.7% White, 13.7% Asian, 9.46% Hispanic or Latino, 6.56% Black or African American, 3.94% Two or More Races, 0.197% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.118% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders. This includes both full-time and part-time students as well as graduate and undergraduates. By comparison, enrollment for all Doctoral Universities is 49.8% White, 15.1% Hispanic or Latino, and 9.74% Black or African American.

Now blacks are 13.9% of our population and Asians 5.9%. Blacks are underrepresented and Asians over represented. I don’t see what there is to complain about from a white perspective. In fact, why aren’t you yelling at tbe Asians for taking your spots?
OK….we KNOW what the population distribution is, and that blacks are 14%.

That’s not the issue. The issue is: is it right for a prestigious educational program to keep lowering admissions standards for blacks until they reach the precise 14% representation? Clearly, that is what Harvard has done, as it has reported that 1) 14% of its 2026 class is black, and 2) that if they were to have maintained the normal “white” standards, only 3% of the class would be black. (I posted that article upthread.)

So is this fair, especially to 1) the white students rejected due to the “room” made for blacks with lower grades and scores, and 2) the 1/3rd of black students who qualified without benefit of lowered standards?

Finally, I’ve heard the argument that the white 3.8 GPA students who didn’t get into an IVY are still bright, capable kids who can go to a different school - still excellent - on the lines of say, Duke or Vanderbilt. Well, then, why can’t the black students with an even lower GPA do the same? Why does the white kid, with no family connections have to sacrifice the top school so that a black kid who has lower academic qualifications get in?

The entire thing is unfair. And FWIW, I hope you recall that I am not opposed to giving a helping hand to bright kids, just that it is racist to base it on skin color. It should be on family SES, and give the bright kids who have done well in school despite being from poor families, white and black alike, a chance.

OK….we KNOW what the population distribution is, and that blacks are 14%.

That’s not the issue. The issue is: is it right for a prestigious educational program to keep lowering admissions standards for blacks until they reach the precise 14% representation? Clearly, that is what Harvard has done, as it has reported that 1) 14% of its 2026 class is black, and 2) that if they were to have maintained the normal “white” standards, only 3% of the class would be black. (I posted that article upthread.)

So is this fair, especially to 1) the white students rejected due to the “room” made for blacks with lower grades and scores, and 2) the 1/3rd of black students who qualified without benefit of lowered standards?

Finally, I’ve heard the argument that the white 3.8 GPA students who didn’t get into an IVY are still bright, capable kids who can go to a different school - still excellent - on the lines of say, Duke or Vanderbilt. Well, then, why can’t the black students with an even lower GPA do the same? Why does the white kid, with no family connections have to sacrifice the top school so that a black kid who has lower academic qualifications get in?

The entire thing is unfair. And FWIW, I hope you recall that I am not opposed to giving a helping hand to bright kids, just that it is racist to base it on skin color. It should be on family SES, and give the bright kids who have done well in school despite being from poor families, white and black alike, a chance.
And this is an example of Neo-Segregation.
And this happens in a lot of areas of society. If you're an employer with a gov't contract, you have to ensure that the employee population is close to the ethnic ratio that your business resides. Having worked very close in labor relations, this was always very difficult to maintain. If the ethnic ratios were off, you had to show why. Detailed records always had to be maintained for audits by the Gov't. It's a shame, but the race that was the hardest to keep the ratios where they needed to be were non-whites. Period. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of whites out there that are flat out lazy MFers and don't want to work, don't pass drug tests or fail background tests. However, experience doesn't lie.

The pressure to maintain ethnic ratios many times causes an employer to hire less qualified candidates because of their ethnic background.

However, this isn't meant to be used as broad brush to paint everyone into a specific bucket. I have worked with many, many successful, hard working, productive people of every race due to my career. If you want to be successful in the U.S., you can. Regardless of race. Period. If you want to sit online everyday and bitch about Slavery and racism of 150 years ago, fine, go ahead and be a bitter racist. But you're not doing anything to fix today.

Yes, there are absolute racist assholes of every color. I wish it could end. But we have a cultural, societal, and incorrect narratives being espoused, supported and propagated by the MSM and politicians. They are creating division and separation and you know why, VOTES. Politicians care about only one thing. Your vote. Your vote gets them to live another 2 - 4 years in their special gov't social circle using your money to live and receive benefits that WE can't get. Think about that for a minute.

These threads are awash with accusations of racism, so it might be helpful to give examples of what is truly a racist statement (or political position) and what is not.

Racist:

1. Saying that blacks are inherently lazy or less intelligent
2. Wanting to belong to a country club that doesn’t allow blacks as members
3. Not hiring the best qualified person for a job because he is black and going with the 2nd-best because he is white

Not racist:

1. Being opposed to affirmative action because it favors one race above others and thus adjusts standards down for that particular race
2. Pointing out that there is an overcompensation for the false belief of systemic racism, which comes at the detriment of whites, from the overrepresentation of blacks in commercials to the announcement by a company (or the president!) that whites need not apply
3. Saying that blacks stuck in poverty are so for the same reasons as whites - having babies out of wedlock and not completing their education - and it does a disservice to blame racism
You're overcomplicating it.

4eb4aeb3696de940e18dccbd9552a721-really-funny-white-people.jpg

You're overcomplicating it.
No. Lisa558 explained the situation more clearly than most of us could have.

What IS overcomplicated is how our government, businesses, and colleges have twisted reality and lowered standards across the board in order to force blacks into positions which they could otherwise not earn through personal accomplishment and MERIT.

In the process many more highly qualified candidates are excluded from such opportunities - simply BECAUSE they happen to be white or asian. THAT, is racism.

And this is an example of Neo-Segregation.
And this happens in a lot of areas of society. If you're an employer with a gov't contract, you have to ensure that the employee population is close to the ethnic ratio that your business resides. Having worked very close in labor relations, this was always very difficult to maintain. If the ethnic ratios were off, you had to show why. Detailed records always had to be maintained for audits by the Gov't. It's a shame, but the race that was the hardest to keep the ratios where they needed to be were non-whites. Period. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of whites out there that are flat out lazy MFers and don't want to work, don't pass drug tests or fail background tests. However, experience doesn't lie.

The pressure to maintain ethnic ratios many times causes an employer to hire less qualified candidates because of their ethnic background.

However, this isn't meant to be used as broad brush to paint everyone into a specific bucket. I have worked with many, many successful, hard working, productive people of every race due to my career. If you want to be successful in the U.S., you can. Regardless of race. Period. If you want to sit online everyday and bitch about Slavery and racism of 150 years ago, fine, go ahead and be a bitter racist. But you're not doing anything to fix today.

Yes, there are absolute racist assholes of every color. I wish it could end. But we have a cultural, societal, and incorrect narratives being espoused, supported and propagated by the MSM and politicians. They are creating division and separation and you know why, VOTES. Politicians care about only one thing. Your vote. Your vote gets them to live another 2 - 4 years in their special gov't social circle using your money to live and receive benefits that WE can't get. Think about that for a minute.
That's not neo anything. Using your ethnic ratio lie as an example whites will get the majority of jobs. White entitlement makes you think whites are entitled to all the jobs and white supremacy makes you think it's segregation because whites don't get all the jobs.

No. Lisa558 explained the situation more clearly than most of us could have.

What IS overcomplicated is how our government, businesses, and colleges have twisted reality and lowered standards across the board in order to force blacks into positions which they could otherwise not earn through personal accomplishment and MERIT.

In the process many more highly qualified candidates are excluded from such opportunities - simply BECAUSE they happen to be white or asian. THAT, is racism.
What you say doesn't happen and Asians are part of affirmative action.

something to add. What the man describes at the start of this I have had happen to me. and I am white and it was by rookie cops. But what happened to him is still lousy and sometimes for police on patrol, you have to stop and use some common sense. As for me, I was asked later on if I wanted to file a complaint I said no because their supervisor took care of the situation to my satisfaction and even had a laugh about it.

And the most interesting fact in all of this is that it is not minorities who are making the decisions as to what the general population sees on television and in motion pictures.

In most cases they only "present" the content that they are hired to present and they only "create" a very small fraction of it.

As far as the daily local news goes, I typically watch the NBC local news for Los Angeles, California, and have since the 1980's.

I have watched their news teams evolve from being ALL White, to just now getting to a point of having 12.5% Black reporters.

I've also watched other news networks in major metropolitan areas in California from time to time and have not seen anywhere near the "alarming invasion" of Blacks that is supposed to be happening all over America.

This is the current NBCLA news reporting staff. They have a couple of Blacks reporting the weather and the traffic, and another two report local events, and NONE in an anchor position.

And there are no ALL Black or even HALF Black news reporting teams that I've ever seen.

I lived in the L. A. area most of my life. The black population percentage is far below twelve percent. The majority is now Latino.

The overuse of calling people “racist” for pointing out the imbalance in advertising is ridiculous, and your attempt to smack, silence, strong arm whites into remaining silent rather than point it out is ridiculous.

Sorry, but in a population that is currently 65% white, manufacturers should not be eliminating whites and showing blacks exclusively, as has happened with the examples I gave. Why would a company that sells to ALL Americans choose to have multiple posters displaying their product, and each and every one is of a black? They are only 13% of the population!

If it were the reverse, and blacks were the majority and whites just 13%, it would make sense. Just like I see advertising around Christmas devoted almost entirely to Christians make sense - they’re the majority! If I walked into a department store in December, and poster after poster was showing Jews celebrating Hanukkah, and nary a Christmas poster in sight, I’d think something weird was going on.

And to take it further, if Christians complained that the brands were all or almost all showing Jewish families, with certain brands have several posters and every single one was of Jews, and that Christians were the majority, I‘d agree with the Christians. They would be right. And if Jews started yelling “antisemite“ to Christians who rightfully pointed out the crazy imbalance, I’d be appalled at the Jews. Why would Jews, a slim minority in this country, feel entitled to having advertising feature them exclusively while neglecting the majority religion?
It depends on what is marketed. If it's hair products for black people, I'd expect to see nothing but black presenters and actors. If it were Kosher foods, I'd expect to see Jews. Oddly enough nough, I can't think of any product or service where I'd expect to see only whites.

It depends on what is marketed. If it's hair products for black people, I'd expect to see nothing but black presenters and actors. If it were Kosher foods, I'd expect to see Jews. Oddly enough nough, I can't think of any product or service where I'd expect to see only whites.
Who here said anything about seeing only whites? The point was that there are manufacturers showing only blacks, when the products are for everyone. Two examples I gave were the Turbotax email blast, with three customers telling how great the product was, and all three were black; and the hair care company, that had four models, and all four were black. (And no, it was not a company focused on blacks’ hair.) It is weird, to say the least, that manufacturers have multiple people advertising their wares, and every single person is picked from the same 14% minority. There’s a ridiculous amount of overcompensation going on.

I lived in the L. A. area most of my life. The black population percentage is far below twelve percent. The majority is now Latino.

The Black "population" of Los Angeles is approximately 9.0% according to the 2020 census, and based on rate of growth should approach 12% by 2023.

I was referring to the percentage of Black news reporters on major networks in Los Angeles.

Does it matter if the newscaster is black or white? Or even commercials? These are petty things to complain about. I watch the news for information and commercials for the products, not who is conveying it.

Does it matter if the newscaster is black or white? Or even commercials? These are petty things to complain about. I watch the news for information and commercials for the products, not who is conveying it.
Obviously it matters to "some"
pertaining to practically every aspect of life.

THIS HOW I LIKE MY WHITE SUPREMACY!

I like it bcoz now blk ppl are not confused
Hey JoeB131 I guess you must be orgasmic over ur white Illinois republican just bringing it.

This is why I always tell you to stop being a coward and just bring it. Took a woman to show you how to b a man eh ?

The abortion issue is not our issue. I always knew it was to save white lives.

White dudes soldiers ain’t marching, they’re struggling to impregnate there women n the meth n the child molestation that’s rampant in their culture. So when a WW does get pregnant, u better believe they’re gonna outlaw it

Last edited:
In general, I'd guess that most people would prefer to see, in all aspects of media, people they relate to and are comfortable with; people like themselves.

But my preference would be for media to more accurately reflect our general population numbers.

Blacks are about 13% of the U.S.population, so it seems almost freakish to show huge numbers of blacks in most ads and movies. The exaggeration amounts to nothing less than social engineering.

To call it petty for people to care about the racial balance in media is, in itself, a petty statement. All viewers and consumers have a right to voice their PREFERENCES. They spend money on products, spend their time watching programs, and they spend more money buying high definition TV sets. They deserve some say in the final products.

As far as "news" shows are concerned, this is where a LOT of time is spent. Speaking for myself, I surely prefer an anchorperson and reporters I find attractive. I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on a big screen TV just to torture myself looking at a Maxine Waters look-alike for an hour each morning.

Of COURSE looks matter. In fact, that's why I watch none of the morning National News programs. I'm sick of looking at women wearing hair-hats, or blonde hair that is obviously "painted" on (puke). Give us the real deal.

I'm not saying I want all white actors. Just a variety. And, definitely, not all black. Let's see some asians, for instance. There are a lot of ethnic groups to choose from.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back