California 'comprehensive reparations' for African Americans

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
A California task force has released a report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' for African American residents, that include free four-year college, payouts, and raising the minimum wage in predominantly black industries, such as agricultural.

The more than 500-page document consists of 13 chapters and breaks down reparation suggestions for the eligible black community in California to compensate for the 'racial terror' they've endured.

The task force voted in March to limit reparations to descendants of slaves, overruling reparations advocates who wanted to expand compensation to all black people in the US.

Comment:
Do you think that this will help race relations or hurt race relations?
Or, is this just another greedy liberal money grab?

A California task force has released a report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' for African American residents, that include free four-year college, payouts, and raising the minimum wage in predominantly black industries, such as agricultural.

The more than 500-page document consists of 13 chapters and breaks down reparation suggestions for the eligible black community in California to compensate for the 'racial terror' they've endured.

The task force voted in March to limit reparations to descendants of slaves, overruling reparations advocates who wanted to expand compensation to all black people in the US.

Comment:

It’s a form of reverse slavery, in which one race gains from the labors of another.

Comment:

It's a money grab and it's designed to divide the races, according to Marxist doctrine.

It’s a form of reverse slavery, in which one race gains from the labors of another.
It is a California thing, and I make no claim to understanding California things.
That said, I do think it a bad precedent at a state level, as there is nobody alive that is responsible for slavery, 19th century or before.
If second volume makes payouts large enough, it could influence moves to that state to establish residency. No problem here. I do not pay taxes there.

Comment:

It will both provide a new source for slush fund graft & make race relations worse.
There are no free rides & somebody will have to pay for the Unconstitutional benefits they are proposing.
If forced to sacrifice the fruits of my labor to provide benefits to others not of my choosing, it's going to cause some friction.
This is going to cause more corruption & hurt, rather than heal, our divisions.
It will also accelerate the flow of free thinking people away from Cali

That's great news! Yea!!!!!

Oh, yes, let's give them tons of money.

And can we also give California's model minority some moolah, too?

I am referring to the Chinese, who were invited to come here to build the railroad and after they finished doing it, they were asked to return to China.

Some, however, stayed here. It so upset the powers-that-be that discrimination against the Chinese (such as forbidding them to buy land) was expressly written into the California constitution.

Last edited:
It will both provide a new source for slush fund graft & make race relations worse.
There are no free rides & somebody will have to pay for the Unconstitutional benefits they are proposing.
If forced to sacrifice the fruits of my labor to provide benefits to others not of my choosing, it's going to cause some friction.
This is going to cause more corruption & hurt, rather than heal, our divisions.
It will also accelerate the flow of free thinking people away from Cali
Blacks have sacrificed the fruits of our labor to provide benefits for whites for nearly 246 years. The free thinking people will remain in Cali. The ignorant and close minded may leave though. Now why is it going to cause problems? Is it due to right wing baiting using lies and false equivalences?

That's great news!

Oh, yes, let's give them tons of money.

And can we also give California's model minority some moolah, too?

I am referring to the Chinese, who ca
This is shameful.

California's large Latino population would be paying taxes to pay for this.
That doesn't seem fair.
And what about Asian Californians?
And what about evil white oppressors whose ancestors immigrated to the US after slavery was abolished?
This opens up a whole bunch of fairness problems.

Last edited:
It's designed to help descendants of slaves who live in California but not descendants of slaves who don't live in California when California was never a slave holding state. I can't see this lasting more than ten minutes as the majority of Californians are immigrants who had nothing to do with either side of slavery. It's a new source of graft as the bureaucracy necessary to administer the program will exceed what ever the program actually distributed.

Blacks have sacrificed the fruits of our labor to provide benefits for whites for nearly 246 years. The free thinking people will remain in Cali. The ignorant and close minded may leave though. Now why is it going to cause problems? Is it due to right wing baiting using lies and false equivalences?
While writing this rash of logical fallacies, you had the temerity to talk about false equivalences?

1654124343329.png

How do I look?... Think I'll pass for black?....

Forum List

Back