What is Privilege?

And a disproportionate number of blacks are in the lower income brackets.
Because of personal choices ..... not because of this imaginary Leftist Racist White Privilege bullshit.
looks like your laundry got mixed
wWhk4n7.jpg

So now truth is racist? He made a completely accurate statement. Difference in outcomes in society, is due to differences in choices in society.

Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you’ve never had a job

Privilege is wearing $300 Beats headphones while living on public assistance

Privilege is the ability to go march against, and protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don’t pay for

Privilege is living in public subsidized housing where you don’t have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table,

Privilege is not having to worry about a cop mistaking your apartment for hers and getting murdered in cold blood.

Really? Then 99.9999% of the entire country has privilege.

A full 100% had it until some white lady iced a black dude and got a slap on the wrist for it. But, yet again, just when you think maybe we turned the corner on this sort of thing, the white lady got 10 years for a MURDER conviction.

Are you going to pretend that, if the roles were reversed, the black guy would have gotten such a light sentence as well?

Depends doesn't it? Did the black guy have a criminal history? I actually know a black guy, that shot and killed an unarmed white boy "in cold blood", and they acquitted him.

And rightly so. The kid at age 16, had years of criminal activity, and was in a car without a permit, at 1 AM, and was throwing rocks at homes. The guy though he was shooting at homes.

I don't know the details of your specific case. Regardless....

My point was, you act like this is white privilege that happens across 330 Million plus people.. and you have one.... ONE example that you believe supports your case.

I don't know if it does or not. But even if there was gross injustice in that case.... 330 Million people. One example. Does one single example, establish a pattern of "white privilege" in your mind?

Because it does not in my mind. You need a large scale pattern. Not one example you just assume is true universally. That's not scientific data, that's over blown opinion.

Oh my goodness.
  • The guy was at his apartment
  • An off duty cop came home after her shift and mistakenly entered the wrong apartment.
  • She saw a black man in what she thinks was her apartment and shot him. Dead.
  • For taking a man's life--she was convicted of murder; she got 10 years. There are people in Texas Prisons right now who got 4 times as much for burglary of a habitation where NOBODY was killed.
That is privilege.

But did the person intend to kill an innocent person? No. She made a mistake, by her own admission. I remember this story.

Did she have a life long history of crime? No.

There are many factors that go into sentencing. One is, do you believe the person when released will be a blight on society?

That does matter. She was not 'intending' to kill innocent people. So logically when she pays her dues for her crime, she won't be a burden on society.

A guy that has been in and out of prison a dozen times, who has a 30 year history of crime, that was on parole when they burglarized someone... that person when they get out, is going to be a burden on society again. They have a long long massive history to prove it.

Now if you can point to an identical situation with a black man, who did exactly what that officer did... and had an identical criminal history (or lack of any), and was sentenced to 30 years, while the identical case with white chick was only 10.....

Now you have a point. Now you can show that there is racism in the laws.

But... they have already done such research and found... no evidence of racism or bias. People who get longer sentences than others, do so because they have other factors that support such sentences.

When it rains, do you argue that it is "liquid sunshine"? 10 years in prison---For a murder conviction. Argue otherwise all you wish but that is white privilege. Someone watching from Mars can see it. But some here on earth cannot because, I guess, they think it may somehow injure their ego or something. You guys are weird.

---

Have you ever heard of affluenza?

Let me guess...this isn't white privilege either.

Privilege is getting pulled over by the cops and never wondering if you are going to die.
It is? If you do as told and are respectful you leave alive 99.9% of the time. Now don't make me go get the ACTUAL facts on the race of people who are killed by cops because its not gonna go in your favor.

It’s definitely not going to look good on the cops. Over 1000 people shot and killed by police in each of the last 5 years. More than 1500 died either by being shot or while in police custody last year.

In comparison German police killed 8 people last year. French police killed 26, British police killed 6, Canada 14.

The USA has more people in prison than either China or Russia - two of the most repressive states in world history.

More than half of all marijuana busts are for small amounts of pot. Less than one ounce. With mandatory minimum sentencing the prisons fill up fast. Black and brown kids get busted. White kids get off. Can’t ruin their futures over a joint or two. The black and brown kids do t have a future to ruin.

And a disproportionate number of blacks are in the lower income brackets.
Because of personal choices ..... not because of this imaginary Leftist Racist White Privilege bullshit.
looks like your laundry got mixed
wWhk4n7.jpg

So now truth is racist? He made a completely accurate statement. Difference in outcomes in society, is due to differences in choices in society.

So you chose to be white?

Privilege is the ability to go march against, and protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don’t pay for

Privilege is living in public subsidized housing where you don’t have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table,

Privilege is not having to worry about a cop mistaking your apartment for hers and getting murdered in cold blood.

A full 100% had it until some white lady iced a black dude and got a slap on the wrist for it. But, yet again, just when you think maybe we turned the corner on this sort of thing, the white lady got 10 years for a MURDER conviction.

Are you going to pretend that, if the roles were reversed, the black guy would have gotten such a light sentence as well?

Depends doesn't it? Did the black guy have a criminal history? I actually know a black guy, that shot and killed an unarmed white boy "in cold blood", and they acquitted him.

And rightly so. The kid at age 16, had years of criminal activity, and was in a car without a permit, at 1 AM, and was throwing rocks at homes. The guy though he was shooting at homes.

My point was, you act like this is white privilege that happens across 330 Million plus people.. and you have one.... ONE example that you believe supports your case.

I don't know if it does or not. But even if there was gross injustice in that case.... 330 Million people. One example. Does one single example, establish a pattern of "white privilege" in your mind?

Because it does not in my mind. You need a large scale pattern. Not one example you just assume is true universally. That's not scientific data, that's over blown opinion.

Oh my goodness.
  • An off duty cop came home after her shift and mistakenly entered the wrong apartment.
  • For taking a man's life--she was convicted of murder; she got 10 years. There are people in Texas Prisons right now who got 4 times as much for burglary of a habitation where NOBODY was killed.
That is privilege.

But did the person intend to kill an innocent person? No. She made a mistake, by her own admission. I remember this story.

There are many factors that go into sentencing. One is, do you believe the person when released will be a blight on society?

That does matter. She was not 'intending' to kill innocent people. So logically when she pays her dues for her crime, she won't be a burden on society.

A guy that has been in and out of prison a dozen times, who has a 30 year history of crime, that was on parole when they burglarized someone... that person when they get out, is going to be a burden on society again. They have a long long massive history to prove it.

Now if you can point to an identical situation with a black man, who did exactly what that officer did... and had an identical criminal history (or lack of any), and was sentenced to 30 years, while the identical case with white chick was only 10.....

But... they have already done such research and found... no evidence of racism or bias. People who get longer sentences than others, do so because they have other factors that support such sentences.

When it rains, do you argue that it is "liquid sunshine"? 10 years in prison---For a murder conviction. Argue otherwise all you wish but that is white privilege. Someone watching from Mars can see it. But some here on earth cannot because, I guess, they think it may somehow injure their ego or something. You guys are weird.

---

You have the right to be wrong of course.

To claim that there is no moral or legal difference between a man that intentionally decides to stab to death a woman walking home, verses a woman who shot someone she thought was in her apartment.... if you can't see the difference, that's on you.

No, it isn't. First, anyone can use any defense they want. Doesn't mean the outcome is because of the defense.

The idiotic outcome of that trial, is a combination of wealth and bad laws about people under age not being tried like adults. Honestly, that kid should have been in prison for 10 years minimum wage, even if he was only 16.

And if he truly had no concept of his actions, then he should have been put into a psychiatric care for some years.

But no, it's not white privilege. In order for that to be white privilege, then you have to make the claim that all white 16 year olds who got drunk, killed some people, would be allowed to walk like that kid.

Do you see that?

The real problem is something I don't know how to fix. It's not this mythical white privilege.

The problem is in the justice system, as it relates to having the right lawyers.

It's not a white thing, because that is exactly how OJ Simpson got off. He had expensive high class lawyers, who knew how to spin the words, and twist the truth, and come off with flowery arguments, and make fantastical ambiguous claims.

Anyone with money can do this.

In Singapore they don't have trial by jury, with expensive lawyers and flowery messages. And the reason is specifically because of Lee Kuan Yew.

And he said exactly why he changed the legal system to operate this way. Lee for a relatively short time, worked as counsel in court. He said he remembered watching lawyers argue vigorously and high minded talk and brilliant charismatic statements, and get people off the hook on crimes. They all knew the guy was guilty, they all knew he was garbage, but somehow with eloquence and oratory, was able to get clearly guilty people off the hook.

So he just did away with it when he became leader, and put in judges, and those judges determine the case. No amount of expensive counsel will get you off the hook. This is why that wealthy white kid in the 90s that was vandalizing, was given 40 hits with the cane, until he was screaming for mercy.

South Africa has a similar thing. Oscar Pistorius, which had very expensive lawyers that tried to get him off completely. Instead he went to prison, was briefly home arrest in 2016, and has been in prison since 2017.

So honestly, I don't know what the solution here in the US is. I don't have answers to that. As long as we have a jury by our peers, average people who are not of a criminal-legal mindset.... expensive lawyers with flowery words will have sway on the jury.

How do we fix that? I don't know.

I don't know what we can do that will fix this, unless we eliminate the right to private counsel in criminal cases. Is that what we want to do? Have every criminal defendant, rich or poor, get assigned lawyers by the court, that works for the state?

Because even if you assign the lawyer from the court, if you have millions, and pay that lawyer tons of money, he himself can hire outside counsel to gain an edge in the defense.

It would have to be, everyone has the same terrible court appointed counsel. I don't know that people will accept that.

But as long as we have the current system, there is no way to avoid having the super elite and wealthy, with super elite wealthy lawyers, getting people off by conning average people on juries.

What do you think? I don't have a solution to this. I don't think getting rid of the 12 jury of peers is going to fly in this country.

Oh my goodness.
That is privilege.

---

To claim that there is no moral or legal difference between a man that intentionally decides to stab to death a woman walking home, verses a woman who shot someone she thought was in her apartment.... if you can't see the difference, that's on you.

No, it isn't. First, anyone can use any defense they want. Doesn't mean the outcome is because of the defense.

The idiotic outcome of that trial, is a combination of wealth and bad laws about people under age not being tried like adults. Honestly, that kid should have been in prison for 10 years minimum wage, even if he was only 16.

And if he truly had no concept of his actions, then he should have been put into a psychiatric care for some years.

But no, it's not white privilege. In order for that to be white privilege, then you have to make the claim that all white 16 year olds who got drunk, killed some people, would be allowed to walk like that kid.

Do you see that?

The real problem is something I don't know how to fix. It's not this mythical white privilege.

The problem is in the justice system, as it relates to having the right lawyers.

It's not a white thing, because that is exactly how OJ Simpson got off. He had expensive high class lawyers, who knew how to spin the words, and twist the truth, and come off with flowery arguments, and make fantastical ambiguous claims.

In Singapore they don't have trial by jury, with expensive lawyers and flowery messages. And the reason is specifically because of Lee Kuan Yew.

And he said exactly why he changed the legal system to operate this way. Lee for a relatively short time, worked as counsel in court. He said he remembered watching lawyers argue vigorously and high minded talk and brilliant charismatic statements, and get people off the hook on crimes. They all knew the guy was guilty, they all knew he was garbage, but somehow with eloquence and oratory, was able to get clearly guilty people off the hook.

So he just did away with it when he became leader, and put in judges, and those judges determine the case. No amount of expensive counsel will get you off the hook. This is why that wealthy white kid in the 90s that was vandalizing, was given 40 hits with the cane, until he was screaming for mercy.

South Africa has a similar thing. Oscar Pistorius, which had very expensive lawyers that tried to get him off completely. Instead he went to prison, was briefly home arrest in 2016, and has been in prison since 2017.

So honestly, I don't know what the solution here in the US is. I don't have answers to that. As long as we have a jury by our peers, average people who are not of a criminal-legal mindset.... expensive lawyers with flowery words will have sway on the jury.

I don't know what we can do that will fix this, unless we eliminate the right to private counsel in criminal cases. Is that what we want to do? Have every criminal defendant, rich or poor, get assigned lawyers by the court, that works for the state?

Because even if you assign the lawyer from the court, if you have millions, and pay that lawyer tons of money, he himself can hire outside counsel to gain an edge in the defense.

It would have to be, everyone has the same terrible court appointed counsel. I don't know that people will accept that.

But as long as we have the current system, there is no way to avoid having the super elite and wealthy, with super elite wealthy lawyers, getting people off by conning average people on juries.

What do you think? I don't have a solution to this. I don't think getting rid of the 12 jury of peers is going to fly in this country.

Yeah...let me know when a black guy can argue, "I didn't know _________ was wrong because my parents didn't teach me" and get away with 4 counts of intox manslaughter.

So we have a murderer getting 10 years in prison and a quadruple manslauterer (sp?) getting zero jail time until he botched his probation.

Black people should change their black-sounding names so that they can fool their potential employer into thinking they're white...until they get to the interview.

Brilliant.

Oh my goodness.
That is privilege.

---

Do you see that?

Yeah...let me know when a black guy can argue, "I didn't know _________ was wrong because my parents didn't teach me" and get away with 4 counts of intox manslaughter.

So we have a murderer getting 10 years in prison and a quadruple manslauterer (sp?) getting zero jail time until he botched his probation.

As I said, anyone can argue anything in court. Doesn't mean that the reason they got the sentence they got, was because of the lame argument.

Again, OJ Simpson was clearly and undeniably guilty of double homicide. Not driving intoxicated and accidentally killing people.

And he didn't even do probation. He was just let off completely free.

So when you say "tell when a black guy...." Just did. OJ Simpson. And there have been others. Jussie Smollett clearly and undeniably broke laws, and nothing happened.

So yeah, this happens.

Again it's more of a wealth issue. People with loads of money and connections, are getting away with stuff. And like I said... I don't know how to fix that. Do you? I'd love to hear it.

When did that happen? When a guy shot at the cops ? Lol
Wow, you really are ignorant.

So mistakes are racist now? lol Do you even know where name of any of the young black kids under 10 that was shot and killed this weekend and democratic run neighborhoods.. have you even commented once today about the death of these young kids and towns run by democrats?

Holy change-of-subject batman.

Mistake? She was charged with murder. And she got a whopping 10 years....for MURDER.

Tell us another lie...do you think that if he came into her apartment and murdered her, he would have gotten only 10 years?
You think the mistake deserved 10 years?
It deserved 50, minimum.

Now answer the question...

Do you think that if he came into her apartment and murdered her, he would have gotten only 10 years?

We all know you're a habitual liar....go ahead and confirm it by answering.
Yes like oj all blacks that kill whites get off.. take a hike black baby killer

And your title as "habitual liar" is firmly intact. Doesn't it suck that when you get trapped in your own argument, you have to resort to some BS about "baby killer" in an attempt to change the subject, derail the thread, or just make yourself feel less rotten and dead inside?
Black kid that stabbed and killed That white girl
majors in New York got 8 moths in jail lol
how old was the convicted murderer?
How old was a black kid that murdered the white girl he got eight months in jail I don’t know. But according to you they’re supposed to get longer than 10 years right? You stupid fuck

He was 13; a juvenile.

You, of course, knew this.

Again, why are you being a dishonest fuck?
And you said blacks get more than ten years .. are you taking that back?

So mistakes are racist now? lol Do you even know where name of any of the young black kids under 10 that was shot and killed this weekend and democratic run neighborhoods.. have you even commented once today about the death of these young kids and towns run by democrats?

Mistake? She was charged with murder. And she got a whopping 10 years....for MURDER.

Tell us another lie...do you think that if he came into her apartment and murdered her, he would have gotten only 10 years?
It deserved 50, minimum.

Do you think that if he came into her apartment and murdered her, he would have gotten only 10 years?

And your title as "habitual liar" is firmly intact. Doesn't it suck that when you get trapped in your own argument, you have to resort to some BS about "baby killer" in an attempt to change the subject, derail the thread, or just make yourself feel less rotten and dead inside?
How old was a black kid that murdered the white girl he got eight months in jail I don’t know. But according to you they’re supposed to get longer than 10 years right? You stupid fuck

He was 13; a juvenile.

No shitbrains. Your example of duality is a juvenile

It deserved 50, minimum.

He was 13; a juvenile.

No shitbrains. Your example of duality is a juvenile
So you think 8 months is ok? Lol

You forgot one: Privilege is being able to get a white person arrested just for looking wrong at you but you and your friends being able to pound some old, weak white person into a coma near death and not only not have it make the news, but not even have it charged as a hate-crime. Then get your legal defense for free, too.

Privilege is getting pulled over by the cops and never wondering if you are going to die.
Privilege is engaging in criminal conduct and not having to worry about being investigated or held accountable because your "brothers" in the police force will help cover for you.

Forum List

Back