What is Privilege?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you’ve never had a job

Privilege is wearing $300 Beats headphones while living on public assistance

Privilege is the ability to go march against, and protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don’t pay for

Privilege is living in public subsidized housing where you don’t have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table,

I am white. But I wonder to myself: If I were entitled to privilege based on my skin color, why was I born with an emotional disorder? What privilege was I granted when I almost died of an asthma attack 8 years ago? What about all the emotional trauma I went through as a teenager because of incessant fighting between my parents? Was it white privilege that caused me to lose two jobs? Was it white privilege that told my biological mother to abandon me on the steps of the local hospital? Did white privilege direct me to attempt suicide twice?

Being white does not immunize me to the harsh realities of this world. It never will.

WHITE PRIVILEGE IS GARBAGE.

Last edited:
Privilege is getting pulled over by the cops and never wondering if you are going to die.
It is? If you do as told and are respectful you leave alive 99.9% of the time. Now don't make me go get the ACTUAL facts on the race of people who are killed by cops because its not gonna go in your favor.
Putting the responsibility for ending police brutality entirely on black people is stupid. At some point you have to turn to the police and ask what they are willing to do. For decades the answer has been "nothing at all". That can has been kicked down the road generation after generation to where we are now and fools like you are acting like things are changing too fast.

Privilege is getting pulled over by the cops and never wondering if you are going to die.
It is? If you do as told and are respectful you leave alive 99.9% of the time. Now don't make me go get the ACTUAL facts on the race of people who are killed by cops because its not gonna go in your favor.
Putting the responsibility for ending police brutality entirely on black people is stupid. At some point you have to turn to the police and ask what they are willing to do. For decades the answer has been "nothing at all". That can has been kicked down the road generation after generation to where we are now and fools like you are acting like things are changing too fast.
There is VERY LITTLE police brutality and most of it isn't directed at black folks.

Privilege is when all those fat cats get all of that freshly printed currency before anyone else and then goes and places it into the economy in a way that only ensures that the process will continue in their favor and in a revolving circle forever and ever and ever after.

Priveledge is

having health insurance, and knowing you won’t be forced to choose between medical care and food.

not have to worry about being turned down for a job interview because you have a “black sounding” name

not having to worry about the lead content in the water your children are drinking

having paid sick leave...so you don’t have to make the choice between going to work sick...or losing pay

knowing your health insurance covers birth control

being able to let your child play outside, with worrying about the drug deals going on at the corner...or that a gang may decide to make a point with a drive by shooting

not having metal detectors at tbe entrances to your child’s school

having parents who can pay your college tuition

inheritence

Priveledge is

having health insurance, and knowing you won’t be forced to choose between medical care and food.

not have to worry about being turned down for a job interview because you have a “black sounding” name

not having to worry about the lead content in the water your children are drinking

having paid sick leave...so you don’t have to make the choice between going to work sick...or losing pay

being able to let your child play outside, with worrying about the drug deals going on at the corner...or that a gang may decide to make a point with a drive by shooting

inheritence
Name is your parents choice so blame them or change it
Letting your kids outside in a shit neighborhood is a personal choice, MOVE.
Not having metal detectors well if blacks weren't so damn violent wouldn't need them!
No that's not privilege that means your parents worked hard and have good jobs and can afford that. I am white and my kids know I can't afford that so they better get scholarships.

Priveledge is

inheritence

Do you believe White people don't go through these same problems? Please Coyote, please say no, because you know that white privilege is a farce, and any assertion of the sort is not true.

Priveledge is

inheritence
Oh and MOST of those are based on your job or literally the country you live in. Has nothing to do with white people.

Priveledge is

inheritence
Not having metal detectors well if blacks weren't so damn violent wouldn't need them!
No that's not privilege that means your parents worked hard and have good jobs and can afford that. I am white and my kids know I can't afford that so they better get scholarships.

Priveledge is having the luxury of being able to move.

Priveledge is not having to move, not having to change your name.

Have you ever been to a black neighborhood and seeing how Black people drive?
Cops avoid these intersections in neighborhoods because they would have to pull somebody over every 3.2 seconds

Privilege is the ability to go march against, and protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don’t pay for

Privilege is living in public subsidized housing where you don’t have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table,

Privilege is not having to worry about a cop mistaking your apartment for hers and getting murdered in cold blood.

Priveledge is

inheritence
So you are changing the topic to a wealth issue?....fine because that is the only conversation that will help the black community....

Privilege is not having to worry about a cop mistaking your apartment for hers and getting murdered in cold blood.
When did that happen? When a guy shot at the cops ? Lol

Priveledge is

inheritence

Priveledge is having the luxury of being able to move.

Priveledge is not having to move, not having to change your name.
I have lived in the ghetto and we moved eventually. If your name is ignorant as hell blame your stupid parents!

When did that happen? When a guy shot at the cops ? Lol
Wow, you really are ignorant.

Priveledge is

inheritence

Do you believe White people don't go through these same problems? Please Coyote, please say no, because you know that white privilege is a farce, and any assertion of the sort is not true.

I don’t know if it is a farce or not. It is a concept I am struggling to understand, with getting defensive, which I do, before deciding what I think.

But I do know that, as a group, black people face more challenges to prosperity than white people as a group. As individuals, we are all over the board.

One example is in the OP itself. A list of black stereotypes. The welfare queen. Yet I live in a majority white state that is very poor. I don’t see those stereotypes (even though they are equally applicable) applied to poor whites as a race.

Forum List

Back