Zone1 What is a Jew?

In fact,.Judaism is one of the most simple, direct faiths ever conceived.

One G-d and no intermediaries between us and him.

But, the goyim always want to complicate everything .
You have no idea how complicated Judaism is with its rituals and traditions. On top of that Rabbi's make stuff up as they go along.

Last edited:
You have no idea how complicated Judaism is. Christianity is simple by comparison.

I've lived it my entire life, and, while the rules of observance can drive us crazy, the tenets of the faith are quite simple and concise.

I've lived it my entire life, and, while the rules of observance can drive us crazy, the tenets of the faith are quite simple and concise.
Christians get to 'work out our own salvation', based on our knowledge and faith.

" Survival According To Nature "

* Home Land By Genetic Religion *

A Jew is someone whose mother is/was Jewish or who converted under acceptable auspices.
The variant understanding is that patrilineal descent is alse acceptable but this is not a textually based opinion, but a more recent development endorsed by certain non-Orthodox groups.
A matriarchal conjecture would be an extrapolation from the pseudoscientific paradigm of japheth , shem and ham , which distinguished a perceived entitlement of inheritance , where sarah was semitic , while hagar was hamitic , while abraham was semitic - Zone1 - Eponymous Nomian Patriarch Genetic Religions Of Torahnism And Qurayshism : Isaac Versus Ishmael Sacrifice Circumcision Option .

Shem (/ʃɛm/; Hebrew: שֵׁם Šēm; Arabic: سَام, romanized: Sām)[a] was one of the sons of Noah in the Bible (Genesis 5–11[1] and 1 Chronicles 1:4) and the Quran.

Colloquially, however, it is customary to replace YHWH with the Hebrew term HaShem , which means "The Name". [ 3 ]

You have no idea how complicated Judaism is with its rituals and traditions. On top of that Rabbi's make stuff up as they go along.
Yeah...we rabbis just make stuff up as we go along. LOL.

You are better served asking questions than assuming you know the answers.

If a Jew brings an issue to his or her Rabbi for which there is ;no traditional solution the Rabbi has the authority to make one up on the spot.

Sure.
Let's say a Jewish family moves into an apartment and wants a kosher oven and they bring the issue to you. What would you recommend?

Last edited:
Sure.
Let's say a Jewish family moves into an apartment and wants the oven, that has been used by many others, to be kosher. What would you recommend?
Kashering the oven. Usually that includes a thorough cleaning then the use of the self clean (if it has one) or the use of a blow torch (there are services that come in and take care of this - KOSHER KITCHEN SERVICE ) or turning the oven on to its highest temperature for a long period of time after a thorough cleaning and a 24 hour break.

here are some resources --

Good question. What else can I help you with?

Kashering the oven. Usually that includes a thorough cleaning then the use of the self clean (if it has one) or the use of a blow torch (there are services that come in and take care of this - KOSHER KITCHEN SERVICE ) or turning the oven on to its highest temperature for a long period of time after a thorough cleaning and a 24 hour break.

here are some resources --

Good question. What else can I help you with?
Thanks. That what the Rabbi of my Jewish tenants said. However, he said that 'blowtorching' the oven would likely damage it. We solved the problem by giving them a brand new oven.

Thanks. That what the Rabbi of my Jewish tenants said. However, he said that 'blowtorching' the oven would likely damage it. We solved the problem by giving them a brand new oven.
That, of course, is a fantastic solution, but not one that is always economically feasible or possible (based on the preferences of a landlord).

That, of course, is a fantastic solution, but not one that is always economically feasible or possible (based on the preferences of a landlord).
Of course, the best solution is for the Jewish tenants to provide their own stove. We're a large building and always have extra new stoves on hand.

However, of all the Jewish tenants we have had only one required a kosher stove. In fact, the husband was a tenant two years earlier (when he was single) and didn't request a kosher stove.

Last edited:
Of course, the best solution is for the Jewish tenants to provide their own stove.
Not always possible, but since it is possible to kasher one, a new one isn't necessary. There are even ways to use a "not-kosher" oven for kosher food but that limits what you can cook and how.

But, the goyim always want to complicate everything .

rotflmao

The Talmud, or oral law, includes the Mishnah, a six-part Hebrew compilation finished around A.D. 200, but in popular parlance Talmud usually refers to the 38 volumes of the Gemara, in which later rabbinic generations used the Mishnah's bare-bones argumentation as a springboard for more razor-sharp parsing of logic.

'''

But the about-to-be-completed 73-volume Schottenstein edition, ....

You have a great sense of humor, to steal a line from Goodfellas.

I think obligation is a better word choice than 'duty'.
I chose 'duty' because that's what is in the Greek, agapeo.

φιλέω philéō, fil-eh'-o; from G5384; to be a friend to (fond of (an individual or an object)), i.e. have affection for (denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling; while G25 (agapeo) is wider, embracing especially the judgment and the deliberate assent of the will as a matter of principle, duty and propriety: the two thus stand related very much as G2309 and G1014, or as G2372 and G3563 respectively; the former being chiefly of the heart and the latter of the head); specially, to kiss (as a mark of tenderness):—kiss, love.

Last edited:
So first, no, you don't. Second, you don't understand what the talmud is, how it is used or what it says. Third, your supposed sources don't back up what you say. Simple solution -- why do't you cite the actual text you claim exists.

Why don't you stop lying? I'm not here to cater to your neuroses and racism. I've already posted two sources nobody has read, you've posted nothing but sniveling. Not my problem you don't feel like reading; others will.

Why don't you stop lying? I'm not here to cater to your neuroses and racism. I've already posted two sources nobody has read, you've posted nothing but sniveling. Not my problem you don't feel like reading; others will.
I'm not the one lying. I'm speaking from first hand knowledge. What have you cited? A webpage that identifies the basics of the 613 biblical commandments? Or the one that links to an article from 2005 about an (then) new edition of the talmud being published?

You can choose to hide behind your ignorance or prove your case. Your choice. It isn't my problem if you don't know stuff and refuse to learn.

Forum List

Back