Zone1 What exactly did Jesus mean when He said "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do"?

All that does is helps us learn how the early universe was formed. It doesn't answer all our questions.
Actually it provides quite a bit of information about the paired production event that created all the matter in the universe and left behind the radiation signature of the CMB.

Actually it provides quite a bit of information about the paired production event that created all the matter in the universe and left behind the radiation signature of the CMB.
Yea, I know you think that means something it doesn't. So you've reached a false conclusion.

If you've watched all these How the Universe Works you know they go to great length to not do what The Cosmos did. You could tell the Cosmos was showing you things that contradicted what theists believed. It was obvious. How the Universe Works lays out all the things we know and admits what we don't. What you are asking about falls into the "we don't know" category.

And nothing proves god exists. Not CMB or anything else. All I can tell you about CMB is that there is a lot we don't know. There could be things about CMB that turn out to be true that show your conclusions are false. Or you are basing your conclusion on something that is unknowable.

All I know is after watching these shows I see you are full of shit. Could a god exist? Sure. But NOTHING about the universe proves a god exists.

The only thing you have is my god how perfect this earth is for us humans. And we look all around it seems we are the only living things in the universe. So it sort of does look like this was all made for us. I can see how our caveman ancestors would think that but not you with all the scientific evidence we have.

The honest answer is we don't know.

The Universe is eternal. No need for a God. But there could be a God. Totally could be. Why is he hiding?

And where did the big bang happen? Did it start off in our galaxy or another galaxy? Or did it start everywhere? And what was here before the big bang? We don't know these things and probably never will.

In fact we don't even know what happened 1 minute after or before the big bang. All we know is something like what happened 100,000 years after the big bang.

But this yahoo thinks he knows.

The scientists on these shows admit there is so much we don't know and some of our theories may not even be right. A lot of scientists are starting to question the big bang or what we think we know about it.

And we don't know what lies beyond our observable universe. Will our universe continue to go or slow down and contract eventually. We don't know.

We used to think the universe was constant and forever and would be here forever. That was back when we said MUST BE GOD to everything we didn't know.

Will our universe continue to go or slow down and contract eventually.

- all matter in unison is propelled in a finite angle of trajectory that will bring everything back to a covergence for where it originated without changing direction. cyclical bb - to recompact back to pure energy.

- all matter in unison is propelled in a finite angle of trajectory that will bring everything back to a covergence for where it originated without changing direction. cyclical bb - to recompact back to pure energy.
But the universe isn't evenly spread out. If you look in all directions everything is not evenly spread around like this

O

Some ends of our observable universe are farther than others. Perhaps it's just our perception which is limited.

But the universe isn't evenly spread out. If you look in all directions everything is not evenly spread around like this

O

Some ends of our observable universe are farther than others. Perhaps it's just our perception which is limited.

random dispersal - in conclusion they'll converge as a mirror image to the order they left.

Yea, I know you think that means something it doesn't. So you've reached a false conclusion.

If you've watched all these How the Universe Works you know they go to great length to not do what The Cosmos did. You could tell the Cosmos was showing you things that contradicted what theists believed. It was obvious. How the Universe Works lays out all the things we know and admits what we don't. What you are asking about falls into the "we don't know" category.

And nothing proves god exists. Not CMB or anything else. All I can tell you about CMB is that there is a lot we don't know. There could be things about CMB that turn out to be true that show your conclusions are false. Or you are basing your conclusion on something that is unknowable.

All I know is after watching these shows I see you are full of shit. Could a god exist? Sure. But NOTHING about the universe proves a god exists.

The only thing you have is my god how perfect this earth is for us humans. And we look all around it seems we are the only living things in the universe. So it sort of does look like this was all made for us. I can see how our caveman ancestors would think that but not you with all the scientific evidence we have.

The honest answer is we don't know.

The Universe is eternal. No need for a God. But there could be a God. Totally could be. Why is he hiding?
Tell me again how the CMB came about?

I'm looking into it.

the 'oldest' radiation detectable and carries information about our past and future. By observing it, Planck will be seeing the Universe as it was almost at its origin.

So we can't detect CMB that might have happened before the big bang.

The CMB is the farthest and oldest light any telescope can detect. It is impossible to see further beyond the time of its release because then the Universe was completely 'opaque'.

Opaque not able to be seen through; not transparent.

IDK how? Maybe that's something we don't know. Is this a GOCHA thing you believe proves something? Well lay it out for me pal. Clearly its going over my head.
Paired particle production that created the universe. The CMB is all the matter and antimatter that were annihilated during the creation of the universe. There was 2 billion times more matter than the matter in the universe that got annihilated.

I'm looking into it.

the 'oldest' radiation detectable and carries information about our past and future. By observing it, Planck will be seeing the Universe as it was almost at its origin.

The CMB is the farthest and oldest light any telescope can detect. It is impossible to see further beyond the time of its release because then the Universe was completely 'opaque'.

No. The CMB is the radiation from matter/antimatter annihilating each other during the creation of the universe.

I'm looking into it.

It is impossible to see further beyond the time of its release because then the Universe was completely 'opaque'. ...

no, not opaque - transparent - they speculate there was no lite or material to be seen.

- unless their definition of opaque (not able to be seen through) is - darkness, not the same ...

no, not opaque - transparent - they speculate there was no lite or material to be seen.

- unless their definition of opaque (not able to be seen through) is - darkness, not the same ...
Well when I watch the shows about this stuff, they admit that there is a lot we don't know about what exactly happened during the big bang, what was before.

Was the big bang from the big crunch? Did a previous universe exist before ours? And when our universe is done and freezes and gravity wins (if that ever happens) will the big crunch lead to another big bang over and over.

We just don't know.

So CMB does not prove anything. It actually brings up more questions than answers.

It's great we admit we don't know.

Yesterday they were talking about something Einstein thought was his biggest failure but he turned out to be right.

It is not only possible, it is absolutely certain that our understanding of the Big Bang is incomplete. Cosmic inflation is a widely accepted theory about what happened during the first fraction of a second during the Big Bang, but it is not proven.

Not even CMB has proven it DING

so I look through the posts here and wonder, not for the first time

Why do people obsess about things there is absolutely no way of finding out the truth about?

I dont believe humans will ever know how the world came into existence, which is why I try to stay focused on things I CAN understand.. seems a total waste of time to do otherwise?

Tell me again how the CMB came about?
I’m about to watch hunt for the universes origin. determining the age continues to be elusive as results are conflicting.and without a definitive answer, everything we know about the cosmos could be completely wrong. Season 1 episode 8. How the universe works.

Well when I watch the shows about this stuff, they admit that there is a lot we don't know about what exactly happened during the big bang, what was before.

Was the big bang from the big crunch? Did a previous universe exist before ours? And when our universe is done and freezes and gravity wins (if that ever happens) will the big crunch lead to another big bang over and over.

We just don't know.

So CMB does not prove anything. It actually brings up more questions than answers.

It's great we admit we don't know.

Yesterday they were talking about something Einstein thought was his biggest failure but he turned out to be right.

It is not only possible, it is absolutely certain that our understanding of the Big Bang is incomplete. Cosmic inflation is a widely accepted theory about what happened during the first fraction of a second during the Big Bang, but it is not proven.

Not even CMB has proven it DING

the events of the universe - do not define what the universe has always been, if nothing better simply a great void ...

why exactly w/ a telescope today - a person before the bb event in the same position would not see the same thing, just no celestial bodies ... or seemingly life - there would be though the metaphysical forces that did bring about all that is seen and known in the present.

so I look through the posts here and wonder, not for the first time

Why do people obsess about things there is absolutely no way of finding out the truth about?

I dont believe
humans will ever know how the world came into existence, which is why I try to stay focused on things I CAN understand.. seems a total waste of time to do otherwise?

"there is absolutely no way of finding out the truth about"

of interest may not be for everyone - nm5 ... where there is truth there is an answer.

No. The CMB is the radiation from matter/antimatter annihilating each other during the creation of the universe.
I have to watch the episode again. Season one episode 8. They talked a lot about CMB. How we only assume it’s correct because of the model we think is right, but it’s only our best theory. There’s so much we don’t know about what occurred before 300,000 years before the Big Bang. Einstein’s theory may not be correct on he grander scale of the universe.

Theres a new theory. But they have to test that theory. So they put three huge telescopes in orbit and in the not too distant future we might find Einsteins theory isn’t right.

And another theory which was considered his biggest failure may end up being right. Stay tuned.

CMB proves nothing. The more we know huh?

And if we expand faster and faster, maybe there will be a freeze. Or a Big Crunch. We don’t know.

So many other galaxies. Millions. No question there is lif3 in every solar system. At one point.

The question is, is there anything like us out there or just single cell? Or just dumb animals. Is there other life that can travel into space? Or even rats and cockroaches? I’ll take that.

the events of the universe - do not define what the universe has always been, if nothing better simply a great void ...

why exactly w/ a telescope today - a person before the bb event in the same position would not see the same thing, just no celestial bodies ... or seemingly life - there would be though the metaphysical forces that did bring about all that is seen and known in the present.
Always a great void? I don’t believe that. If it happened before it will happen again.

Do you believe this universe is eternal? Every star will eventually die. Scienc thinks expansion will lead to a big freeze. Or there may be a Big Crunch. I agree with that. Eventually expansion slows and the universe eventually comes back to a Big Bang, repeating the cycle.

And I don’t think our universe is the 9nly universe. Another unknowable thing for puny humans. We know so little

two ways to measure the strength of gravity — and the result was just what general relativity predicts, with an uncertainty of only 9 percent. This is the most precise test of general relativity outside the Milky Way to date. And this using just one galaxy!

These findings may have important implications for models of gravity alternative to general relativity. These alternative theories predict that the effects of gravity on the curvature of spacetime are “scale dependent”. This means that gravity should behave differently across astronomical length-scales from the way it behaves on the smaller scales of the Solar System. Collett and his team found that this is unlikely to be true unless these differences only occur on length scales larger than 6000 light-years.

We will know soon

That was 2018. On How the Universe Works they said we are sending up into orbit 3 huge telescopes. This article used telescopes on earth? So we will be able to look farther and see if gravity works the same on a grander scale as it does for solar systems.

Forum List

Back