What are Your Top Five TV Series TODAY?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
1. Bosch. I love this series, I guess, because if I were ever to have been a cop, I think I would be like Bosch. IT is a very well written show with a lot of detailed texturing with plenty of variety in characters, almost random events that camoflage significant details that come back later,and when there is a plot twist, it is smoothly done, and not a neck snapping WTF? kind of response.

2. Second Chance. A great series that I guess is particularly interesting to me because I love cop shows and science fiction and this is a great combination of the two. I also can identify with this experiment in taking an old person, making them young again, and tossing them back into society. Interesting twists and turns in the plots so far and many more are plausible. Love it.

3. House of Cards. I am an addict. I binge on the show in five episode blocks, which makes me a light weight, I know, by todays standards. If you know the series you likely watch it too. I havent met a person who watched this that didnt love it. IF politics is of any interest to you at all, this series is a winner as Mr Underhill climbs the political ladder like the snake he is.

4. Agents of Shield. I am entitled to one nerd show; so what? Lots of fun.

5. Criminal Minds. FBI has flaws, but this show focuses on more of the good and romanticizes it, but still a real good show.

1. Bosch. I love this series, I guess, because if I were ever to have been a cop, I think I would be like Bosch. IT is a very well written show with a lot of detailed texturing with plenty of variety in characters, almost random events that camoflage significant details that come back later,and when there is a plot twist, it is smoothly done, and not a neck snapping WTF? kind of response.

2. Second Chance. A great series that I guess is particularly interesting to me because I love cop shows and science fiction and this is a great combination of the two. I also can identify with this experiment in taking an old person, making them young again, and tossing them back into society. Interesting twists and turns in the plots so far and many more are plausible. Love it.

3. House of Cards. I am an addict. I binge on the show in five episode blocks, which makes me a light weight, I know, by todays standards. If you know the series you likely watch it too. I havent met a person who watched this that didnt love it. IF politics is of any interest to you at all, this series is a winner as Mr Underhill climbs the political ladder like the snake he is.

5. Criminal Minds. FBI has flaws, but this show focuses on more of the good and romanticizes it, but still a real good show.

1. Lucifer

2. Originals

3. Walking Dead

4. Supernatural

5. Antique Roadshow

upload_2016-3-19_11-50-48.jpeg

Bones

Flash

Last Man Standing

Walking Dead

Person of Interest

Walking Dead
Flash
Gotham
Supernatural
Elementary

My "honorable mentions" are Bones, Murdoch Mysteries, Last Man Standing, Last Man on Earth, and Agent Carter.
Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were up there, but I've kind of lost interest.

Just stopped watching Elementary in the last couple weeks, never really go into Supernatural, (tho I have it on my Netflix list), Last man on Earth lasted about 3 episodes before I gave it up.

But the rest of your list I agree with

I like House of Cards- but felt it should have ended in the third act.
Agent of Shield- I sooooo much want to like that show- but bailed after the end of the first season- it looks like it is better now- need to try it again
Jessica Jones- much better than Agents of Shield
Big Bang Theory- there is a reason it is the most popular comedy- sharp intelligent dialogue- lovable characters that have grown over time.

Almost everything I am watching is previous seasons on Netflix- other than Big Bang Theory there is nothing I am making any effort to watch when it comes out.

Oh Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon- watched two seasons of that- enjoyed very much.

Liked Jessica Jones, and watched season 2 of Daredevil yesterday.

Luke Cage appears late September, and looks promising.

I don't have 5.

I liked American Crime and Top Chef this season but they just ended.

Blue Bloods and Deadliest Catch are the only two I am currently watching regularly that are still airing. I watch news/PBS stuff a lot, but no particular show within them regularly.

1. The Walking Dead
2. Better Call Saul
3. The Expanse
4. Fear The Walking Dead
5. The Curse of Oak Island

Ok ok, let me explain that last one. I know that they won't find treasure there, I know that they won't because if they did, they couldn't keep it a secret all the way to that episode. I began watching it because I left it on while I was doing chores. Now I'm hooked. I know they will continue to fail but I just can't stop watching it anyway. They seem so determined to find it.

NCIS - how many years has this spin-off from JAG been going?
Lucifer - wasn't sure I'd like it but am enjoying the dark humor
2d Chance - interesting premise
100 - a post-apoleptic story of some interest
Blacklist - A real head-scratcher with good acting

Waiting for the 3rd now.

about half of it involves the Punisher, and Elektra

Vikings - one of the best shows on televison

Black Sails- excellent

Downton Abbey - gonna miss it!

Better Call Saul - can't wait for season 2

I just want to push Jessica Jones again- one of the best villains I have seen on TV is in her first season- and how the character- and actress respond to that villain is very well thought out.

Watch two episodes of JJ and see if you like it.

I just want to push Jessica Jones again- one of the best villains I have seen on TV is in her first season- and how the character- and actress respond to that villain is very well thought out.

Watch two episodes of JJ and see if you like it.

David Tennant played that part brilliantly.

The man showed absolutely NO remorse, NO conscious.

Forum List

Back