What are the effects of the Roe Overturn today?

So who said they didn't use it? If they ruled that felons could possess firearms after they got out of prison, and the murder rate skyrocketed because of felons having guns, does that mean we can no longer stop felons from obtaining firearms?
WTF are you talking about?

If they had “used it” they would not have struck it down ya retard

Please explain this position of yours?

Easy! There is no fucking mention of abortion anywhere in the Constitution! So whatever rationale was originally used to get RvW was just another specious, far-grasping, over-reaching power grab by the Left looking for more social engineering. Now, PROVE ME WRONG.

I don't know if you have ever noticed my signature, but I am very pleased with the overturning of Roe v. Wade and have been defending the decision all day.

But as I have said many times before today, overturning Roe will have very little impact on the number of abortions in America.

I don't see sigs, I have them turned off. But you're right, abortion is still legal for the majority of American women.

Oh hell yeah. I have a right to one of these, too. Howitzers have come a long way since 1791!

howitzer.jpg

Yeah, let's see you carry that puppy. LMAO

The next thing these ultra right wingers are going after is fetal personhood

That ends abortion totally

We NEED MORE Dem Senators and we need to expand the court

Wouldn't it have been a whole lot less inconvenient to just walk down to the 7/11 and BUY A FUCKING CONDOM?

UNCLE clarence TOMas is coming for that --- BIRTH CONTROL next. he put out a statement addressing exactly THAT.

I see 4 basic areas in which the SCOTUS overturn of Roe v Wade will affect the country:
Political: Democrats hope that they can stir up excitement for the 2022 mid-term elections. Before today, there was no enthusiasm in the Democrat Party as Biden has pulled the party down big time. The question is, will this abortion issue get the attention Democrats hope for to win in November? Or, will the Democrats violence and insurrection acts they are calling for cause more people to vote for the Republican candidates? How do Republicans feel about this turn with abortion? Do they think this is bad timing because of the elections and might hurt them?

The Judicial Branch: Roe v Wade created a greater affect on judicial activism. It opened a can of worms in which we see liberal judges legislating from the benches. We have seen the Constitution eroded since 1973 as well. Does the overturn of Roe help with stopping judicial activism? Those doing this know that their cases will end up in the Supreme Court because of this ruling today. Roe v Wade was pure judicial activism as there is nothing in the Constitution about abortion or a woman's right to privacy. And, the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments have nothing to do with privacy. And, Roe wasn't even a case about a woman's right to choose. It was to protect the doctors who were performing abortions.

Religious: Obviously, the religious people are mostly happy except in churches with little moral doctrines to follow. But, the atheist secular radicals will orchestrate violence against religious people and churches as well. They already are. The LDS Church has closed their temples today because of threats by crazy abortion supporters. They will attempt to harm churches as that is Satan's method in these latter days.

Women's Reactions: I've seen and heard now several on the opposite side throw temper tantrums claiming the right are now killing women instead of unborn babies. They believe other rights will be taken away like gay marriage, contraception and other areas of this issue. Even though Alito has already said no in the decision.
If you ask the left media - the result is abortions are banned everywhere for all of eternity and the SCOTUS made the decision based on religion and they don't care about women.

Reality, for millions of Americans the overturn changes absolutely nothing. There are abortions being performed all over the United States as I type this, and you read it.
For others they may have to inconvenience themselves and catch a VERY short flight or bus ride and get the procedure done an hour away or so.
Less distance than they are perfectly willing to travel to go to a concert or amusement park.
That is the reality.

Abortion is an incredibly hot topic (Captain Obvious here). All the SCOTUS did was put the decision closer to the people of each state. That's exactly where it belongs. Women will still have access to abortion in this country. Yes, there may be added restrictions in their state and they may have to travel to a neighboring state. But right now its the closest arrangement you can make to give a little to both sides.

that creates an undue burden & goes directly against the 14th amendment.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Section 1

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14th Amendment

Forum List

Back