What are the effects of the Roe Overturn today?

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall no be infringed." Show me anywhere in the Constitution where the term "people" referred to anything but individual citizens or citizens as a whole.

You keep leaving out that unfortunate “militia “ mentioned

wtf are you talkng about - shifting what burden? did i say that- please by all means show it.
Your silly cartoon implies the burden. The protection of human life and the individual responsibility of those that create it are separate issues. Morons like seem incapable of realizing that.

The extreme unpopularity of Trump's conservative Court grew in intensity today.

Following the shooting massacres in Buffalo and Uvalde as well as others, the Court expanded gun rights. One can now carry a loaded gun in plain view down Fifth Avenue in New York. What kind of person would want to do such a thing?

Following that fateful decision, the Court made an extremely unpopular decision today.

CNN explains, "The Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday, holding that there is no longer a federal constitutional right to an abortion.

"The opinion is the most consequential Supreme Court decision in decades and will transform the landscape of women’s reproductive health in America.

"Going forward, abortion rights will be determined by states, unless Congress acts.  Already, nearly half of the states have or will pass laws that ban abortion while others have enacted strict measures regulating the procedure."

There are hundreds of reasons why this decision was a poor one, and many of them will become clear in the coming months as chaos reigns. Here are a few.

The Court argued that the right to an abortion is not in the Constitution. The enormous duplicity of this statement by the Supreme Court is egregious. The American people have hundreds of rights that are not enumerated in the Constitution. The statement is downright ludicrous, damaging the reputation of the Court.

This is the first time in its history that the Supreme Court has removed a fundamental right, the right of a woman to make her own decisions regarding her health and well-being.

The Court is imposing its religious view on the American people.

The Court determined that the government is in control of a woman's health when it involves a pregnancy. The woman and her doctor do not decide her fate. The state does.

Oklahoma has made abortion a criminal act, punishable by a prison term. If a woman from Oklahoma goes to New York where abortion is legal, can Oklahoma charge the person who performed the abortion?

The Court's obsession with its religious view on abortion overrode all other considerations.

This is Trump's legacy and the Republican Party is solely responsible. It will take a federal law to restore a woman's right to make health decisions. Keep that in mind when you vote in November. It will require 60 votes in the Senate to override Republican opposition to the legislation.
CNN explains....

Thats funny

That doesn’t actually address the point. If you caused this sort of pregnancy- whatever you want to call it - you would be begging for an abortion. Just admit it. We all know you would. You’re all hypocritical douche bags lol
sounds like you are coming from a place of experience ...

Dry up? LMAO. They are looking for Medicaid to cover transportation costs. Hell, this decision has created a whole new business, abortion travel. Maybe I will buy a couple of buses.
will aiding in the death of a little one like this make you feel like youve done a good thing ? remember that children can be put up for adoption ... aborting this little one ends any chance whatsoever of life and happiness for a living human being ...
1656192371822.png

blablahblahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

that's not how it went - but that ' AG ' will be up for election in the future. stay tuned on that.

anyhoo - in the MEANTIME:

LEGAL

Trump ordered to sit for questioning in New York civil probe

New York Attorney General Letitia James alleges in the investigation that Trump misstated the values of assets in financial statements.
05/26/2022 12:52 PM EDT
Former President Donald Trump will have to sit for a deposition under oath in a New York state civil investigation of his business dealings, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.

The court on Thursday denied Trump’s appeal to overturn a Feb. 17 ruling enforcing subpoenas for the former president and his two eldest children in the New York attorney general’s probe of the Trump Organization. New York Attorney General Letitia James alleges in the investigation that Trump misstated the values of assets in financial statements.

A spokesperson for the Trump Organization did not immediately return a request for comment on the court’s ruling.

& uh........... georgia's fulton county AG has a grand jury ready to decide donny's fate.

oh dear ~ oh my.
Oh dear. Oh my. Nothing happened.

Here, let me quote Rothbard for you, and then you go sit in the corner with your dunce hat on after which you remove "libertarian" from your avatar. Dumbass.

Twitter LinkedIn Email

By Martin van Staden
19 June 2015

3 2548 4

Email Address
Subscribe for Article Updates
RS-Banner-FB.png

“Most discussion of the issue bogs down in minutiae about when human life begins, when or if the fetus can be considered to be alive, etc. All this is really irrelevant to the issue of the legality (again, not necessarily the morality) of abortion. The Catholic antiabortionist, for example, declares that all that he wants for the fetus is the rights of any human being—i.e., the right not to be murdered. But there is more involved here, and this is the crucial consideration. If we are to treat the fetus as having the same rights as humans, then let us ask: What human has the right to remain, unbidden, as an unwanted parasite within some other human being’s body? This is the nub of the issue: the absolute right of every person and hence every woman, to the ownership of her own body. What the mother is doing in an abortion is causing an unwanted entity within her body to be ejected from it: If the fetus dies, this does not rebut the point that no being has a right to live, unbidden, as a parasite within or upon some person’s body.
The common retort that the mother either originally wanted or at least was responsible for placing the fetus within her body is, again, beside the point. Even in the stronger case where the mother originally wanted the child, the mother, as the property owner in her own body, has the right to change her mind and to eject it.”

this is not a parasite ! the fact that anyone would suggest that it is displays a level of callousness that can only be described as nothing other than absolutely selfish evil !

1656192860254.png

There isn't a poll put out in the last decade that doesn't say that the right to abortions is the majority opinion, within certain limits. This is what I'll think will happen from a political standpoint.

-First I don't think it will have that much effect in the short term. This election cycle has many more issues and abortion isn't that high on the priority list. Coupled with the upheaval this will cause, upheaval that will undoubtedly be exploited by the right. Whatever gains Democrats get from being on the side of the majority will be offset by these factors.

-In the longer term though it's a different story. Abortion is always been a wedge issue. By this decision, Republicans have gotten their way, more than likely this will create some marginal complacency amongst those for which abortion was the only reason to vote Republican. Undoubtedly the religious right, will, and in some ways have shifted their focus to other things like LBGTQ issues but it's doubtfull this will create the same vigor. On the other hand for Democrats this will increase it. It's simply easier to become enthused by feeling your rights are being taken away than it is to be entused of defending them.

This coupled with some states already putting in place extreme versions of abortion bans. Like forbidding it even in cases like incest, and rape. This will create some insanely heartbreaking stories that will, I suspect, become national. They will be exploited by the media and further put the Republicans on the defensive.

You can only take so many unpopular political stances, before it starts to show up in the polls. Gerrymandering and the fact the right is way better at grievance politics will help, but this will drag them down for the forseeable future.
one of the main points of the op is to make the case that abortion on demand is not nearly as popular with average uninformed voters as the left believes it is ..

blablahblahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

that's not how it went - but that ' AG ' will be up for election in the future. stay tuned on that.

anyhoo - in the MEANTIME:

LEGAL

New York Attorney General Letitia James alleges in the investigation that Trump misstated the values of assets in financial statements.
05/26/2022 12:52 PM EDT
Former President Donald Trump will have to sit for a deposition under oath in a New York state civil investigation of his business dealings, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.

The court on Thursday denied Trump’s appeal to overturn a Feb. 17 ruling enforcing subpoenas for the former president and his two eldest children in the New York attorney general’s probe of the Trump Organization. New York Attorney General Letitia James alleges in the investigation that Trump misstated the values of assets in financial statements.

A spokesperson for the Trump Organization did not immediately return a request for comment on the court’s ruling.

& uh........... georgia's fulton county AG has a grand jury ready to decide donny's fate.

oh dear ~ oh my.

This is the big one! We have him this time! There’s no way the media would lie to us again and promise us again if it weren’t true!
Finally we got him!

that creates an undue burden & goes directly against the 14th amendment.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Section 1

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14th Amendment

Yeah, that’s what the authors meant.
To quote the captain that sold Forest Gump his ship…
“ Are you stupid or something?”.

This ruling is going to result in a lot of children born to unwed mothers of limited means

You folks ready for that?

Or does your concern end once a baby passes through the birth canal?

If they don't want to drive a few hours to a state that still has abortions, that's on them. Of course you may be on to something since it was laziness that caused them to get pregnant in the first place.

I'm not asking because I am pro abortion....I'm not. The abortionists lied from the start saying that abortion was mainly for cases of rape, incest, or life of the mother being at risk. And less than 2% of those instances ever occurred with abortion.
In short....THEY LIED THE WHOLE TIME.

How can you be a true leftist unless you lie all the time?

They take the most unlikely things to happen and try to make it as the norm, like women getting raped all the time and impregnated from it. They did the exact same with Voter-ID using the scenario of some foreigner that came to this country 50 years ago and doesn't have ID from his or her old country. Can that happen? Yes it can, but if so it would be an anomaly. Places that instituted Voter-ID had more voters, especially minority voters voting. They're doing the same thin in NY now with the concealed carry ruling, making claims that people will be using guns to settle road rage and bar fights. They made the same claims in states that were considering having a CCW program, and none of the things they predicted actually happened.

But here is my prediction: In states that have tough abortion laws, women in those states will then take necessary precautions to make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place.

WTF are you talking about?

If they had “used it” they would not have struck it down ya retard

I'm talking about how faulty your claim is that precedent can never be changed, that's what I'm talking about. It's stupid to say that once a ruling is made, it's there forever regardless what the outcome may be. It doesn't work that way.

Forum List

Back