Whacky Wednesday This Week Is Cancelled

Yes it is and thanks,.. I'm still having WinterBorn's birthday, but it doesn't seem right laughing when I just lost a close friend of mine. :(

Yes it is and thanks,.. I'm still having WinterBorn's birthday, but it doesn't seem right laughing when I just lost a close friend of mine. :(

Wow. You have some serious shit going on in your life. It makes my having to pay $780 to fill the propane tank and having a broken cable on my garage door seem insignificant.

Wow. You have some serious shit going on in your life. It makes my having to pay $780 to fill the propane tank and having a broken cable on my garage door seem insignificant.

It just makes me feel worse that I was sick last night and I didn't know that he sent me a message and this was going on. I mean is it that worth it to hang yourself after your girlfriend broke up with you?

It just makes me feel worse that I was sick last night and I didn't know that he sent me a message and this was going on. I mean is it that worth it to hang yourself after your girlfriend broke up with you?
Nope. No girls is worth that much, and there are plenty more of them out there.

I'm sorry guys, I tried to continue it, but I honestly don't feel like laughing right now. A friend of mine hung himself, so it'll resume next week instead. :( mudwhistle, lg325, Michael1985, LA RAM FAN, WinterBorn and Alan Stallion already knows, but I guess I'll tag him anyways. Again,.. I apologize for this. :icon_cry:
FJB, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry your friend hurt so deeply he felt compelled to end his pain, not realizing that would cause more pain to those who cared for him. Please stay strong, ask God to forgive the nearly unforgivable, and know that is all a person can do for someone who has passed away. Mental illness is the most secretive illness of all, and it leaves its survivors who loved and respected someone they may not have understood the depth of his depression and his refusal to be consoled by those who cared for him. May God give you and your friend's important others strength, kindness, love, and forgiveness. May you be surrounded by loved ones as you all mourn your loss. :huddle:

FJB, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry your friend hurt so deeply he felt compelled to end his pain, not realizing that would cause more pain to those who cared for him. Please stay strong, ask God to forgive the nearly unforgivable, and know that is all a person can do for someone who has passed away. Mental illness is the most secretive illness of all, and it leaves its survivors who loved and respected someone they may not have understood the depth of his depression and his refusal to be consoled by those who cared for him. May God give you and your friend's important others strength, kindness, love, and forgiveness. May you be surrounded by loved ones as you all mourn your loss. :huddle:

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I didn't know him very long, but the loss still cuts really deep and even more of the way he ended his own life that is even more disturbing. I know this is in the humor section, I just wanted to explain why I haven't done Whacky Wednesday today since I'll need time to heal from this as will all of his other friends and loved ones. :(

If I think I feel bad though, I feel even worse for his family that found out about this. :(

You shouldn't feel bad. It's not your fault and there was probably nothing you could do about it.

My youngest brother killed himself back in the 80's. He had such a bad cocaine habit that he and some topless dancer drove up to Wisconsin from Illinois, shot up some coke, stuck a piece of garden hose from the tailpipe of the car in through the window, and killed themselves.

I cursed him under my breath at his funeral for doing something so stupid. But I did find out what he was going through 20 years later, when I developed a crack cocaine habit. That shit was the hardest thing to overcome, especially when I had women showing up at my door at 3AM, bringing me a little piece of crack rock, to get me started. I was spending every dime I could earn on that shit, but never once thought of killing myself.

It was only by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that I was able to quit that stuff. I moved away from there and lost everything I owned in the process, but have been clean now for 15 years. Not so much as a single whiff of pot even. Now I have a wonderful loving wife, a three bedroom, two bath, two car garage home on 100 acres of wooded land, and am doing relatively well, considering the economy.

I was actually bullied so much in high school that I thought of killing myself, but it's a literal thank God that I never went through with it as I did wind up finding Christ and other friends as well as my family who loved me enough to talk me out of it.

I know, I think we will have Silly Saturday this week instead as that will give me a few days to grieve and calm down. :)

Forum List

Back