Well, I did it...

I take the good with the bad when it comes to being honest. Here's an example when it works after being stopped for speeding by a state cop....

Her: can I see your license and registration?
Me: sure
Her: do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: yes... I was speeding.
Her: were you wearing your seatbelt when I passed you?
Me: no. I put it on when I saw you turning around to pull me over. I was hoping you wouldn't ask me about that.
Her: (smiling) I'll be right back.

After checking my license and registration, she came back smiling and said....
Her: Mr. tycho, it isn't often I run into some as honest as you.
I'm not going to ticket you for speeding. I am going to ticket you not wearing a seatbelt.

There's a reason why I took the time to share that.

beer-chugger.gif

It's pretty easy these days to get points around here if you are a Trumpbot. All you have to do is say something about Trump being great, Obama sucking donkey dick, or that Hillary should be in jail, and you will have 5 other Trumpbots giving you points. It doesn't matter if it is even in a politics thread or not. You could be talking about making spaghetti hamburgers and say they would make America Great Again and get points out of it.

That's why I don't see the significance in points here. If a person like MindWars who posts conspiracy crap 50 times a day can be on the positive side in points, that should tell you everything you need to know about how important they really are.

It's pretty easy these days to get points around here if you are a Trumpbot. All you have to do is say something about Trump being great, Obama sucking donkey dick, or that Hillary should be in jail, and you will have 5 other Trumpbots giving you points. It doesn't matter if it is even in a politics thread or not. You could be talking about making spaghetti hamburgers and say they would make America Great Again and get points out of it.

That's why I don't see the significance in points here. If a person like MindWars who posts conspiracy crap 50 times a day can be on the positive side in points, that should tell you everything you need to know about how important they really are.
Thanks for the pointers.

I never really understood the reason behind the point system. I post what I believe and don't care what others think.

I'm the same way IRL. It doesn't matter what others think, so long as I'm being honest.

Ive been in sales my whole life so we things from very different perspectives. I used to ask my sales people if they could sell something or to somebody they didn't like...If their eyes floated, i didn't hire them. Persuasion is all about making your target believe it was their idea. If you practice that, you'll be more successful getting your way at home and at work.

I never really understood the reason behind the point system. I post what I believe and don't care what others think.

I'm the same way IRL. It doesn't matter what others think, so long as I'm being honest.

Ive been in sales my whole life so we things from very different perspectives. I used to ask my sales people if they could sell something or to somebody they didn't like...If their eyes floated, i didn't hire them. Persuasion is all about making your target believe it was their idea. If you practice that, you'll be more successful getting your way at home and at work.
I think we're talking about two different things.

I once butted heads with a boss who thought he could get away with that BS. He's now kissing my ass.

Not only did he learn to respect me, he's learned the value of respecting others.

My boss made the mistake of putting others on a pedestal. Those were the people I befriended.

The people he was afraid of are the ones I embraced.

I once butted heads with a boss who thought he could get away with that BS. He's now kissing my ass.

Not only did he learn to respect me, he's learned the value of respecting others.

"BS"? Not many can confront their boss and get away with it....and if that's the case, why is he still your boss and you're not his boss? Sooner of later you'll have to deal with a force you can't buffalo and you'll either have to persuade them of something or lose the day. When you're prepared for that, your chances improve immensely. Everybody should take a class in salesmanship....it's a very useful tool to have.

"BS"? Not many can confront their boss and get away with it....and if that's the case, why is he still your boss and you're not his boss? Sooner of later you'll have to deal with a force you can't buffalo and you'll either have to persuade them of something or lose the day.
My boss is a guy who once called me into his office to ask if I was fucking the women he was getting emails from. Women who were praising me.
He chilled and laughed when I told him "only the ones who ask". lol

I was going to elaborate in my last post, but couldn't do it because of how this board is structured.

About a month or so back my ratings were some 300 points less than my messages. So I says to myself, Tom, you ain't performing up to expectations. So I set myself a goal and that was to get my ratings to a +300 and today I did that. I just wrote better posts is all and most of you rewarded me with + rep. Now I'm going for +400 and above...with your help of course.

Thanks!
hatsoff.gif
I bought my way to the top....

This is the first forum that has so many different choices for "likes" that Ive been on. One just had rep points and the other only has "like".

On the forum that has the "likes", although I don't have the most messages, I have the most "likes" which is almost at 10,100 but that's the forum I just left....the backstabbers, lol.

I know...nobody cares. :)

I do wish there was a "like" choice on here, sometimes I'm not sure what to use, so use "thank" or "winner".

About a month or so back my ratings were some 300 points less than my messages. So I says to myself, Tom, you ain't performing up to expectations. So I set myself a goal and that was to get my ratings to a +300 and today I did that. I just wrote better posts is all and most of you rewarded me with + rep. Now I'm going for +400 and above...with your help of course.

Thanks!
hatsoff.gif

That's got to be one of the saddest things I've read here.

And effing bizarre.

Maybe we could all chip in and buy you a life.

[emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Agree. Honesty got me into a lot of trouble here-------- but that's me------ I don't really care what others think.

Thanks!
hatsoff.gif
:thewave:

:D

Forum List

Back