What's wrong with the site?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
I'm currently on a T1 line and there's nobody here but me. The rest of the Internet is downloading with the alacrity I expect. This site is giving me "hourglasses."

I'm currently on a T1 line and there's nobody here but me. The rest of the Internet is downloading with the alacrity I expect. This site is giving me "hourglasses."

T1? What is this, 1970?

At any rate. the site is having to serious issues, and I'm on a 300mbps synchronous fiber link.

Amazon has caused mega problems for a lot of the Internets.

Amazon data centre fault knocks websites offline temporarily - BBC News

I'll add though that only this forum was getting a 502 Bad Gateway error, forum server overload error. Everything else was working fine, including my email and Google and YouTube etc.

I see new video ads down below this reply box. Guess they are messing with the site? Ok, weird, scrolled back down and it is gone. Twilight zone here. Lol

Same here. I do see an administrator is on.

T1? What is this, 1970?

At any rate. the site is having to serious issues, and I'm on a 300mbps synchronous fiber link.

I'll add though that only this forum was getting a 502 Bad Gateway error, forum server overload error. Everything else was working fine, including my email and Google and YouTube etc.

I see new video ads down below this reply box. Guess they are messing with the site? Ok, weird, scrolled back down and it is gone. Twilight zone here. Lol

"I see new video ads down below this reply box."

I remember the video ad's below the reply box before I got AdBlock, those video ad's would often cause pages to load very slowly also.

You need to see if you getting the AdBlock on your iPad solves these problems for you.

Emily wrote a 500 billion word reply to thank the admin for being picked as a mod...It crashed the site when it was delivered to CK...

Same here. I do see an administrator is on.

T1? What is this, 1970?

Yes hopefully Admin can look into these happenings, especially why this forum is running a bit slower than usual, normally when we get back from a 502 Bad Gateway error we resume running at the normal level.

The admin elchorizo is here and elcho is a software engineer, so there's software work going on right now.

Emily wrote a 500 billion word reply to thank the admin for being picked as a mod...It crashed the site when it was delivered to CK...

"Emily wrote a 500 billion word reply to thank the admin for being picked as a mod...It crashed the site when it was delivered to CK..."

She desperately needs a Sub-Editor :smoke:

Probably the Amazon fuck up. Google it.

That seems to be cleared. I doubt this is related.

This forum had the 502 Bad Gateway error, forum server overload, too much traffic.

Although the forum is back up and running, it's a bit slower than usual.

Bad gateway is usually a DNS problem, failure to resolve a URL to an IP. Did CK not pay NetSol and lost the A records? :eek: He is using a server as a gateway that failed to forward traffic, this could be an ARP issue or routing tables on the gateway server might be corrupt. My suspicion is that USMB is just one site of many that is routed from a single gateway server, which ran into some sort of problem.

Forum List

Back