Zone1 Weird religious rituals and beliefs

Yet comparing God nourishing his people to cannibalism is stable and well balanced thinking?

Is mocking what is meaningful to many your idea of respectful and well-mannered treatment of your fellow man? We, after all, deserve the mud and derision that you fling at us?

I am surprised this remained here as a Zone 1 thread.
It is, yes.
All im saying is the ritual is freakin weird. IDK why you guys get so triggered about it. All religions do weird things. Im simply pointing some of those out.

IDK why you guys get so triggered about it.
Because you are on holy ground and debasing what you clearly do not understand. It is like you not understanding the purpose of a punch bowl, but you understand basic needs and use it as a urinal. I am certain you can understand that in such an act you would not only degrade the punch, you would degrade yourself.

Publicly degrading what is holy to others publicly degrades oneself.

Because you are on holy ground and debasing what you clearly do not understand. It is like you not understanding the purpose of a punch bowl, but you understand basic needs and use it as a urinal. I am certain you can understand that in such an act you would not only degrade the punch, you would degrade yourself.

Publicly degrading what is holy to others publicly degrades oneself.
Yeah, the azteks sacrificed children. Why would i degrade that? That was holy to them. :lol:
I understand what the ritual represents. You simply saying I dont, is nothing more than a defense mechanism. It is still weird. You are pretending you are eating a dudes flesh and drinking his blood. Its weird. Sorry.

The Hindu will marry animals to bring rain or ward off evil spirits
The Jews have kaparot. They hold a chicken, move their head around and pass their sins to the chicken, that is then killed and given to a poor person
Mormons baptize the dead using a living person
Muslims believe yawning is from satan
The Abwoi(african) will kill a male who tells his wife what their god looks like
Many black Hebrews are anti-semites
Christians eat crackers and drink grape juice and pretend they are eating a 2k year old dead guys flesh and blood

Please add more! :)

Climate change cultists believe paying higher taxes will change the weather.

Much about faith is accepting the mystery along with the reality. It is said about science that there is much we don't know...yet. Gravity is a good example of this: We don't know what it is, but we know how it behaves. The same is also true of spiritual our spiritual life. There is much we don't know...yet. An example of this is Christ nourishing us with his body and blood through the auspices of bread and wine. We can see tiny changes from within.

I do understand that some do not believe that spirit is part of human makeup. Others of us are convinced spirit is a big part of who we are.

Forum List

Back