Which Party tends to embrace, champion and push ‘things’ they know are bad for America as a whole?

Why?

Drug abuse from pot to any new chemical substance on the street

Libs want to legalize drugs but that only makes it worse

Help me out. The war on Drugs started long before I was born. I’m approaching retirement age, and we are no closer to doing anything that could be called successful regarding the war. We have locked up people. Sent them to prison for decades. Spent more money on the enforcement of drug laws and interdiction of drugs than we spent in World War II including the development of the Bomb and have accomplished nothing.

I’m a fan of NASA. So I am comfortable with the idea that sometimes results take a while. I understand that some things take time. But so far, we haven’t accomplished diddly squat.

Help me out. The war on Drugs started long before I was born. I’m approaching retirement age, and we are no closer to doing anything that could be called successful regarding the war. We have locked up people. Sent them to prison for decades. Spent more money on the enforcement of drug laws and interdiction of drugs than we spent in World War II including the development of the Bomb and have accomplished nothing.

I’m a fan of NASA. So I am comfortable with the idea that sometimes results take a while. I understand that some things take time. But so far, we haven’t accomplished diddly squat.
Thats a fair question and I dont have a pat answer

Its as if we went back in time and asked what was needed to prevent the decline and fall of the Roman Empire

And after 1500 years to think about I still dont know the answer

Thats a fair question and I dont have a pat answer

Its as if we went back in time and asked what was needed to prevent the decline and fall of the Roman Empire

And after 1500 years to think about I still dont know the answer

We know what isn’t working. We have an advantage. In World War II the British designed Bomb Disposal Teams to deal with unexploded bombs. Two people worked on the bomb. One would stand back and read whatever information they had, and transcribe the actions of the team.

As a bad example. The guy at the bomb would announce he was cutting the red wire. The transcribe fellow would write this down. There would be a big boom. The next team to see the bomb would follow the instructions of the previous team until they got to the wire. The transcriber would call out. Do not cut the red wire.

They didn’t know how to do it. But they knew what wouldn’t work through trial and painful error.

We are like that. We know cutting the red wire doesn’t work. But we keep cutting it because we can’t or won’t think of doing anything else. Each team dutifully walks forward and cuts the wire in their turn.

Like you, I don’t have an answer. But at this point after so much money and lost lives, I’m sure the red wire is not the answer. And I’m willing to try something else, anything else, even if it sounds stupid. As I learned in the Army. If it is stupid but works, it isn’t stupid.

We know what isn’t working. We have an advantage. In World War II the British designed Bomb Disposal Teams to deal with unexploded bombs. Two people worked on the bomb. One would stand back and read whatever information they had, and transcribe the actions of the team.

As a bad example. The guy at the bomb would announce he was cutting the red wire. The transcribe fellow would write this down. There would be a big boom. The next team to see the bomb would follow the instructions of the previous team until they got to the wire. The transcriber would call out. Do not cut the red wire.

They didn’t know how to do it. But they knew what wouldn’t work through trial and painful error.

We are like that. We know cutting the red wire doesn’t work. But we keep cutting it because we can’t or won’t think of doing anything else. Each team dutifully walks forward and cuts the wire in their turn.

Like you, I don’t have an answer. But at this point after so much money and lost lives, I’m sure the red wire is not the answer. And I’m willing to try something else, anything else, even if it sounds stupid. As I learned in the Army. If it is stupid but works, it isn’t stupid.
My guess is hundreds of new people will get hooked for every junkie you rehab

And why do they do that….do they not see what lies at the end?
We’ve become a lost and divided nation with no identity, we’re $30T in debt, we have a larger homeless population than the total population of some countries, Veterans sleeping, pissing, shitting and dying on our streets, a middle class that can’t save a dime or get ahead, 20-40 million unvetted illegals fucking over the citizenry, destroying blue collar trade work, destroying our public school and healthcare systems….we have a citizenry that hates one another, off the charts levels of criminality, a social media and media steering our elections and the direction of the nation, interest rates rising, mortages, rents, food and fuel at all time highs…and this Party continues to embrace, champion and push things that they KNOW will only cause further decay and degradation……WHY?
Could it be.....

Satan?

But no one believes in that antiquated, obsolete creature anymore, eh?

My guess is hundreds of new people will get hooked for every junkie you rehab

That is already the status quo. People are already getting hooked. And now the drugs are illegal and facing jail or prison for doing it.

Cutting the red wire seems like a better alternative to doing something from the unknown. But is it?

I believe we need to play both parties off each other to get what is good for America. I prefer Republican presidents to appoint (in my view) the best federal judges. But I also like Democrat presidents because it is the only time that raises Republican concern over the federal deficit. And I lean towards whichever party at the time is least intent on foreign intervention.

On a state level I prefer the executive and legislative branches of government being controlled by opposing parties.

That is already the status quo. People are already getting hooked. And now the drugs are illegal and facing jail or prison for doing it.

Cutting the red wire seems like a better alternative to doing something from the unknown. But is it?
I think hippies and GI’s returning from Vietnam made drug use acceptable within their generation

Nancy Reagan had the correct approach with her “Just say no” campaign

But libs hated Reagan, and if he was “agin’” drugs then they were “fer” them even if it meant their own children ended up as junkies

I think hippies and GI’s returning from Vietnam made drug use acceptable within their generation

Nancy Reagan had the correct approach with her “Just say no” campaign

But libs hated Reagan, and if he was “agin’” drugs then they were “fer” them even if it meant their own children ended up as junkies

Nonsense. I was alive in the Reagan Era. Liberals warned that shutting down the mental institutions would result in our streets and jails being flooded with the insane. And what does the right complain about? Insane people and druggies living on the streets.

There is an old saying. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The Status Quo is a result of deciding the Ounce of Prevention was too expensive and wasteful.

Let’s examine the results of the war on drugs. We have the highest per capita prison population in the world. We spend a higher portion of our GDP on the entire Criminal Justice System than anyone else.

Let’s take something simple. Crystal Meth. We restricted and started tracking Sudafed sales to reduce Crystal Meth. Cut off the supplies and you end the problem. Strategic Bombing theory applied to the drug war.

What was the result?

According to the DEA an increase of between 1,000% and 5,000% in availability. How can that be? Morons aren’t cooking it in their trailers and kitchens anymore. The Breaking Bad factories are in use now and turning out pounds when the idiot cooking struggled to make ounces.

Many people, including me, view it as Prohibition style failure. Exactly like prohibition criminal organizations will figure out a way to smuggle the product for s huge payday. This makes the product more expensive, and thus even more profitable for the organizations.

Everything we do has had the same result. More people buying. More people in jail. More people in prison. And more money needed to stop the influx.

If we were serious about stopping say, Cocaine, we would legalize it.

Personal Injury Attorneys would bankrupt the cartels in a couple years. Imagine the boon for Porsche dealers everywhere with lawyers placing orders with their fees.

We need to try something. Because cutting the red wire isn’t going to work any better this year than it has since 1971.

Why?

Drug abuse from pot to any new chemical substance on the street

Libs want to legalize drugs but that only makes it worse

The DNC wants ANYTHING that keeps their cult brain-fucked so they can't think their way back to sanity. Drugs accomplish that aim very well, if they don't kill the vermin first.

So I should adjust my worldview based upon “some folks”. Some folks believe the Earth is Flat. That doesn’t make the Earth Flat. Adjusting my worldview to accommodate them is asinine.

Because some folks believe things doesn’t make those things right, true, or factual.

Some 200,000 people die in America every year from Medical Mistakes. The Doctor makes an error and you pay the price.

Now. If we looked at this with the same crazy eyes we examine the election of 2020, we would have to conclude that these mistakes are part of a wide ranging conspiracy. A vast conspiracy to murder people.

Now there are probably some folks who want to believe that. But it doesn’t make it so. Doctors like everyone else are human. They like you are trying their best. Doing their best.

Yes. There were screwups by the election officials. Miscounted ballots. Mistakes. But these are not proof of a conspiracy anymore than medical mistakes are proof of a conspiracy. Mistakes that were caught and corrected. I don’t expect anyone to be perfect. I reserve perfection for God. I expect people to tell the truth and do their jobs as well as they can. I expect them to learn from their mistakes.

The problem with the Conspiracy Theories is that they require Republicans to perform the actions that harm their own party. Republican election officials in Maricopa County worked overtime to make sure Republicans lost? Republicans in Georgia working to screw over their own party?

It doesn’t make sense. And all the proof was nonsense. The 2,000 mules were no such thing.

A tenet of history is that you learn more from a defeat than you do a victory. As an example, a timely example, it took Pearl Harbor for the Americans to finally admit that the Battleship had become obsolete.

Todays Right Wing sounds exactly like the insane Left wing of a generation ago. The same craziness. The same crap.

I’m watching the Republicans make the same mistakes the Left made a generation ago. The left learned. Why haven’t you?

They were furious after the loss of 2000. They turned on the party and began to attack those who were not Left enough. Move On funded primary challenges to force out those who were not sufficiently progressive enough. Joseph Lieberman who was the Vice Presidential Candidate two years before was beaten in the primary and ran as an independent to keep his Senate seat. That is one example.

All that happened is that the Democrats lost power. They lost seats. They lost winnable races.

The Democrats learned. They now put forth fairly moderate candidates in more moderate districts. They leave the lightning rods in East to win districts. They use AOC as a way to distract you. And you haven’t learned.

Yes. AOC is an idiot. Hank Johnson is an idiot. Instead of laughing at them you stupidly point and insist that all Democrats are like that. Nonsense.

All Republicans are not like MTG. A majority are rational and reasonable. But the Party is playing to the base. Why? The base is going to turn out and vote Republican.

Realistically a third of the people will vote Democrat even if Satan is the Candidate. A third would vote Republican, again even if Satan was the Candidate. The last third is who you need to woo. They are the moderates. They may lean slightly left or right. And winning a majority of them is the key to winning elections.

You can’t dismiss their ideals and opinions. Not if you want their votes.

Let’s be serious. A whopping 61% support abortion. Ok. That is a lot of people.

Now it is true that the issue is not number one, but at the same time you go against that and it becomes a factor in their decision on who to vote for. You can’t just insult them and say they are idiots and fools for believing that. Not if you want their vote.

Take your issue, the stolen election. 2/3 of the people believe the election was fair and square.

So by campaigning on the issue of the election, you solidify the 1/3 who would vote for you anyway, and risk alienating the 1/3 you need to support you.

Democrats learned this in 2004. Some did. They really got it after the midterms with Obama. They still have some crazies. But the crazies are relegated to the fringe instead of the forefront.

When will the Republicans learn?

Okay, Saul.

What do Republicans push knowing it will cause degradation and societal decay?

Wow. Where do you want me to begin?

Republicans object to funding schools. Part of their we love kids more than whatever.

They love kids. Until the kid is taking their first breath than it is not their problem.

Risking women’s lives by objecting to emergency Abortions.

Shall I continue?

Wow. Where do you want me to begin?

Republicans object to funding schools. Part of their we love kids more than whatever.

They love kids. Until the kid is taking their first breath than it is not their problem.

Shall I continue?
hahaha…you found an editorial written by some leftist rag about a little tiff in some podunk town in Idaho?

All the conservatives I know value the sanctity of life, they love the idea of everyone getting a chance at life…However, they do not want to spoon feed your litters for you. There’s a clear distinction to be made here… You see it don’t you?

Forum List

Back