We Trade Our Lives For Money

I never thought about one because I thought they cost too much.
Then there was a trip I wanted to take with friends and needed one myself.

There's an app that will put you in touch with owners who will rent you their RV for a week or so.

I rented an R-Pod from a guy in Lafayette, took it to the mountains, spent a week in it, had a blast ...
Came home, looked online for the cheapest one I could find in a 300-mile radius ... And bought one ... :auiqs.jpg:

Edit:
They come with different floorplans.
I chose a floor plan different than the one I rented, but because I knew what I wanted to change about it.

Just bought a 21 ft camper ourselves...
A Gulfstream
18127_ame199ddextpicnicareaoct2018email.jpg

download (12).jpeg

My 5.7 Grand Cherokee has no problem pulling it as it is only half of it's towing capacity. About 3,800 lbs, loaded.

When we go to the lake the wife has to tow the boat with her vehicle though.

I retired financially secure at 51. I wanted financial independence and to be retired by 55. The end result was better than what I wanted.

I am happy for you. I am not there yet at 56, but I did spend 20 years of my life serving the country, that tends to slow down the financial independence. I have enough to retire today, but not to retire and do all I want to do, thus I am still working a job that pays great and lets me do it in my jammies in my own home. Also, the wife only started working a decade ago and she is one of those people that loves her job as nurse and is not ready to hang up the scrubs.

Now my entire life is vacation, not just a couple weeks a year and ALL my time is my own.

I am happy for you. I will be there soon enough.

Now you have been reduced to dishonesty. It shows you cannot even try to defend your position any further.

you are the one that tied work to manhood, not sure where the hell that came from. If you did not want to go down that road, you should not have opened the gate

You have by now revealed enough about your character that it is no surprise you can't understand it. Enjoy taking up space.

Glad to help out. My character is that I refused to be defined by 40 hours out of a 168 hour week. You find that appalling, I find it liberating. But then again you are the moron that would go to work even if they stopped paying you.

I think I need to start a poll to see how many others would do that as well.

... she is one of those people that loves her job as nurse and is not ready to hang up the scrubs.

I imagine if she came across an injured person in the street she would not step over them and walk away unless they emptied their wallet.

I imagine if she came across an injured person in the street she would not step over them and walk away unless they emptied their wallet.

She would help them, same as I would. She would just be better at it. But if her hospital told her "we need you to keep coming to work but we are no longer going to pay you" she would tell them to pound sand.

Just a basic camper mainly for the wife and I. Also has bunk beds for the grandkids, and with the table converting into a bed it will sleep five, tightly.
I think my tenting days are over.

Good plan, my tenting days ended when I left the Marines. For the wife roughing it means staying at the Holiday Inn vice the Marriott.

Your character, such as it is, appears to be that of a lazy, hollow, dishonest layabout.

Not at all, I work very hard for my employer, we have a fair exchange of my time and effort for their money. I give them my best, but would not do so if they were not paying me. Why would I? Why should they benefit from my efforts if I am not also doing so?

Not at all, I work very hard for my employer, we have a fair exchange of my time and effort for their money. I give them my best, but would not do so if they were not paying me. Why would I? Why should they benefit from my efforts if I am not also doing so?
As I said, weakness of character. I wouldn't hire you to pick up trash on the side of the highway, nor trust you with a penny.

As I said, weakness of character. I wouldn't hire you to pick up trash on the side of the highway, nor trust you with a penny.

You are so fun. You think expecting to be compensated for time and effort is "weakness of character". Trust me on this one, you are all alone in this way of thinking.

I would say you are a very dishonest person by accepting pay from your employer when you would work for free. have you told your employer that a salary is not necessary for your continued service?

I think everything you've posted on this topic reveals weakness of character, if you have any at all.

I am happy that you think that way, means I am on the right track. I will never be defined by what I do 40 hours out of 168 again. I refuse to play that stupid game that people like you find so appealing.

I am happy that you think that way, means I am on the right track. I will never be defined by what I do 40 hours out of 168 again. I refuse to play that stupid game that people like you find so appealing.
A hollow shell pretending to be a man. Sad.

A hollow shell pretending to be a man. Sad.

I agree, it is sad that you are that way. How sad that your life is so devoid of anything else that you have to rely on your job to define you. What an awful way to live your life. I hope you do not have a family, it would suck knowing their father cared more about work than them.

Forum List

Back