We must restore constitutional government

OP
P@triot

P@triot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Uh, no they weren't. Here, let's use an example you can understand. "Hey, you just shot Poodle". "It was self-defense, he came after me." "Uh, you broke into his house and you were stealing his stuff!" "Exactly. Self Defense."
It's a cute story, but like everything you post, it's ignorant and propaganda.

The Native Americans didn't establish a nation. They were hundreds of individual tribes with "territories". 95% of the US was unclaimed land, and the areas that Native Americans did inhabit didn't have "deeds" or anything else because there was no established government or legal system.

Thanks for playing, Joseph (Stalin). Class dismissed.

OP
P@triot

P@triot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's left-wing dog-whistle for "I hate capitalism because it requires me to support myself".
Uh, what does complaining about the GENOCIDE of Native Americans have to do with capitalism?
Not much, really. But you leftists never were much for logic or reason.

Essentially the left-wing "plan" goes like this: "we can't denounce capitalism unless we convince people it was devised by evil people with evil intent. We can't do that unless we can convince people that the US is evil. And we can't do that unless we can convince everyone that the founders were Satan".

So then you people make false claims about slavery, rape, and genocide.

justinacolmena

Gold Member
Reaction score
95% of the US was unclaimed land,
Free range for bison or buffalo which were rounded up on a hunt from time to time by Native Americans -- whereas European people seemed to prefer European breeds of cattle on the round-up. The availability of beef was not the limiting factor to livelihood in either case.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's a cute story, but like everything you post, it's ignorant and propaganda.

The Native Americans didn't establish a nation. They were hundreds of individual tribes with "territories". 95% of the US was unclaimed land, and the areas that Native Americans did inhabit didn't have "deeds" or anything else because there was no established government or legal system.
Wow, so it was okay to murder them en masse because they didn't establish the same kinds of laws we did? This is your argument.

Well, besides the fact that is wrong... The Cherokee were considered a "Civilized Tribe" that lived in houses and followed the law. They had won an injunction from the Supreme Court to protect their rights, but were still driven off their land on the "Trail of Tears".

Again, Genocide is one of those things we think everyone else is guilty of.

Essentially the left-wing "plan" goes like this: "we can't denounce capitalism unless we convince people it was devised by evil people with evil intent. We can't do that unless we can convince people that the US is evil. And we can't do that unless we can convince everyone that the founders were Satan".
Well, it's actually kind of easy to do that... you just look at the history.

The 19th Century had three major features.

1) The Genocide of Native Americans
2) The Enslavement of black people
3) The exploitation of immigrant labor

These things were evil. they were wrong. They did happen.

Fortunately, in the 20th century, we had a lot of progressives who tried to right the wrongs of the past. But there is still much more to be done.

OP
P@triot

P@triot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow, so it was okay to murder them en masse because they didn't establish the same kinds of laws we did?
No, propaganda princess. It's ok to defend yourself against attacking tribes. I made that abundantly clear, but of course, you always have to resort to lying because you're on the wrong side of the facts.

Then you attempted to claim that it wasn't self-defense because we were "stealing" their land. I pointed out how 95% of the land wasn't even inhabited, and the land that was had absolutely no legal outline/guideline for who owned what.

Thanks for playing, Joseph (Stalin). You are dismissed.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, propaganda princess. It's ok to defend yourself against attacking tribes. I made that abundantly clear, but of course, you always have to resort to lying because you're on the wrong side of the facts.
Those tribes weren't "attacking". They weren't getting in their canoes and crossing the Atlantic to attack Europe. They were on their land, minding their own business when Europeans showed up and started messing things up.

Then you attempted to claim that it wasn't self-defense because we were "stealing" their land. I pointed out how 95% of the land wasn't even inhabited, and the land that was had absolutely no legal outline/guideline for who owned what.
Except there was a legal outline, and that was the treaties that the United States government negotiated with native nations, and then proceeded to break every last one of them.

But as Stalin said, "Treaties are like pie crusts... they are meant to be broken."

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List