We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Of course the exceptions don't apply to Muslims. Why that would be wacist.

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

That's all it takes for most simpleton Leftists to drool all over them.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

:laughing0301:
thud.gif
:laugh2: :lmao:
shakehead.gif
:auiqs.jpg:
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Holy SHIT that just took over first place for stupidest post in recent memory.
Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.Ho

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?
How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?
That's going to far, in my book.

Kind of an understatement, no?
I'm trying not to be arrogant, condescending, annoying and insensitive to others' feelings. And I see I used the wrong too. Gotta run.

They don't care.
You got any more uplifting messages for me? I'm about on the edge of a breakdown as it is.

Hey, sorry about that. I'm on edge too.

I don't have comforting words, I'm worried and that is an understatement. I'm also pissed off, disturbed and disappointed by what I see on this board.
Sorry, Happy Joy. Most of the folks here "get it." A lot of the ones who argue against the principle of being forced to be safe--like Sweet Sue--are actually following social distancing orders.

We'll come through it. ALTHOUGH MY BEAUTICIAN is closed at least until the end of April and that's gonna get ugly.

You want ugly? Half the vape shops in town have shut down completely, and the others have reduced hours and only allow one or two customers in at a time. There are going to be a lot of nicotine-deprived, bad-tempered people running around, and a lot more who go back to tobacco . . . which makes them more vulnerable to coronavirus, plus putting them at risk for cancer.

Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

Actually, you got this half assed backwards. The most affected states are cess pools like New York, owned and operated by the Far Left.

Not in so called "troglodyte states".

Libs have disregarded our President's suggestion for citizens to wash their hands, figuring they are "fucking up Trump's program" by their refusals.

tick toc, trog ... tic toc.

It's happening now, Mississippi has the largest COVID-19 hospitalization rate.

Oklahoma and South Carolina round out the top 3.

Mississippi has 1100 cases of Kung Flu. New York has 84000.

BTW, Louisiana is adjacent to Mississippi but is run by a Hardcore leftist, and has more than 5 times as many cases as Mississippi

And? Per capita they have the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 and it's going to get worse for them and everyone else quite frankly.

It isn't "per capita" but by percentage of those diagnosed that are in the hospital.

The thing with Mississippi and other deplorable states is that they aren't big on public transportation, living in crowded cities or using reusable shopping bags. All huge disease vectors.

Yes, 31% of COVID-19 cases in MS are in the hospital. MIssissippi commonly ranks as one of our least healthiest states. Other unhealthy states include Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana.
being in Mississippi, it occurs to some of us that not all people who actually have corvid 19 are seeking medical treatment until its really bad.

And without going into off topic debate, if that is a reason for the hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide
I was thinking the hospitalization rate in Mississippi might be because there is a larger at risk population? Diabetes, heart trouble, COPD, those sort of things?

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but does going to the doctor sooner prevent hospitalizations? I thought they couldn't do anything until you needed to be hospitalized and hooked up to oxygen.

no dr visits via appt, waiting rooms etc - ER service only -

at least here in Tx
One of our local hospitals is taking everyone's temperature before allowing them in.

hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide
Hopefully all the head shrinks, psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health workers, therapists, counselors, and pharmacists, who are always ordering us around, telling us what to do, and making all our decisions for us, will f***ing DIE of f***ing Coronavirus® if we don't get to them first.
just because they aren't YOUR loved ones
F***ers who hospitalize their "loved ones" on an involuntary basis and petition to have their rights revoked will get what they deserve.

Medieval European rack as punishment for medieval European medical malpractice. Stretch them out limb from limb, tear their joints apart. I just want to see those damned doctors suffer and die for what they've done to us.

someone call the asylum and have them send the men in white uniforms for this asshack -
I've read this one before. Might just be the real deal here. Poor soul.

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

But what about the millions that die afterwards from the Super-Depression that ensues?

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?
How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?

I'm trying not to be arrogant, condescending, annoying and insensitive to others' feelings. And I see I used the wrong too. Gotta run.

They don't care.
You got any more uplifting messages for me? I'm about on the edge of a breakdown as it is.

I don't have comforting words, I'm worried and that is an understatement. I'm also pissed off, disturbed and disappointed by what I see on this board.
Sorry, Happy Joy. Most of the folks here "get it." A lot of the ones who argue against the principle of being forced to be safe--like Sweet Sue--are actually following social distancing orders.

We'll come through it. ALTHOUGH MY BEAUTICIAN is closed at least until the end of April and that's gonna get ugly.

Nail technicians as well have locked up their practices. There are going to be a lot of shabby looking broads in this country by fall.

My manicurist is closed for the duration. I had to go au naturel on my nails, and now I can't even open a can of Coke.

I know, it's a first-world problem; on the other hand, that IS the reason why I live in a first-world country. ;)

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

They don't care.

You want ugly? Half the vape shops in town have shut down completely, and the others have reduced hours and only allow one or two customers in at a time. There are going to be a lot of nicotine-deprived, bad-tempered people running around, and a lot more who go back to tobacco . . . which makes them more vulnerable to coronavirus, plus putting them at risk for cancer.

Here in Pennsylvania they sell juul and other vape crap at Sheetz and other convenience type stores which are open.

I think the overriding issue is whether , or not, a seasonal health issue of a foreboding nature can set aside other legal and constitutional rights and precedents.
I say no.

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot
Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I'm pretty sure Franklin wasn't going for a "therefore, do whatever you want without prudence" attitude.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.

Ben Franklin lived in a society that had laws for the purpose of keeping your freedom from trampling on the freedom of others, so trying to attribute reckless anarchy to him is dishonest.

But what about the millions that die afterwards from the Super-Depression that ensues?

You're right. Let's open up for business now. You think the virus is going away and the economy comes screaming back? You're not going to have an economy until this is under control.

a national emergency -

Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.

If this was 1942 you'd be defending hoarding as a freedom.
Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Well, I'm not a Democrat, so let me answer.

Yes, hoarding would technically come under property rights.

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

They don't care.

Here in Pennsylvania they sell juul and other vape crap at Sheetz and other convenience type stores which are open.

Just curious. Are they liquor stores open in Penn?

You're right. Let's open up for business now. You think the virus is going away and the economy comes screaming back? You're not going to have an economy until this is under control.
Commies like you don't want us to have an economy at all.

I like when people are prosperous.

Just saying I've seen exponentially way better times in America.

This is suffering brought on by "the free press", and it is going to be serious.

Probably "7 years of famine" biblical serious.
They can't help themselves but bring about biblical predictions.
Yet they don't believe in God, no sir!

Last edited:

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

They don't care.

Yeah, and I'd rather EAT a Camel cigarette than use that poisonous shit. Using vape made by the same tobacco company bastards defeats any purpose to vaping.

I think the overriding issue is whether , or not, a seasonal health issue of a foreboding nature can set aside other legal and constitutional rights and precedents.
I say no.

Set aside? No. Modify for a temporary period of time? Yes. There's plenty of legal precedence in American jurisprudence.

a national emergency -

If this was 1942 you'd be defending hoarding as a freedom.
Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Is standing around with a group of other people collectively with their thumbs up their asses a constitutional right?

Yes.

If this last for a long time, we still won't have an economy. Right now, a lot of businesses , a lot of people are really struggling. I'm not personally. But those in retail trade, in hospitality, transportation, restaurants, pimpery and prostitution, are all being ruined and reduced to utter destitution.

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

They don't care.

Just curious. Are they liquor stores open in Penn?

Closed the state owned brick and mortar liquor stores, but you can buy booze online.

In addition, beer stores are considered life sustaining, and were never closed.

If this last for a long time, we still won't have an economy. Right now, a lot of businesses , a lot of people are really struggling. I'm not personally. But those in retail trade, in hospitality, transportation, restaurants, pimpery and prostitution, are all being ruined and reduced to utter destitution.

I get that but you can't have an economy during wildly out of control pandemic. It's just not going to happen so we have no choice but to take care of one issue to a point where it is manageable and then go after the second otherwise neither gets fixed.

Forum List

Back