We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

Actually, you got this half assed backwards. The most affected states are cess pools like New York, owned and operated by the Far Left.

Not in so called "troglodyte states".

Libs have disregarded our President's suggestion for citizens to wash their hands, figuring they are "fucking up Trump's program" by their refusals.

tick toc, trog ... tic toc.

It's happening now, Mississippi has the largest COVID-19 hospitalization rate.

Oklahoma and South Carolina round out the top 3.

Mississippi has 1100 cases of Kung Flu. New York has 84000.

BTW, Louisiana is adjacent to Mississippi but is run by a Hardcore leftist, and has more than 5 times as many cases as Mississippi

And? Per capita they have the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 and it's going to get worse for them and everyone else quite frankly.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

Actually, you got this half assed backwards. The most affected states are cess pools like New York, owned and operated by the Far Left.

Libs have disregarded our President's suggestion for citizens to wash their hands, figuring they are "fucking up Trump's program" by their refusals.

BTW, Louisiana is adjacent to Mississippi but is run by a Hardcore leftist, and has more than 5 times as many cases as Mississippi

And? Per capita they have the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 and it's going to get worse for them and everyone else quite frankly.

It isn't "per capita" but by percentage of those diagnosed that are in the hospital.

The thing with Mississippi and other deplorable states is that they aren't big on public transportation, living in crowded cities or using reusable shopping bags. All huge disease vectors.

Hopefully they do however so far if you look at the predictions of the president vs. Fauci and other qualified professionals the latter has been more on target.

unfuckingbelievable that anthony fauci now has to have security detail because of death threats.

Not surprising considering there are millions of people who think like the wingnuts on this board and didn't at least one of them from here actually carry out an act of terrorism?

no, it really isn't surprising... holy crap, i never heard anything about a poster going off the deep end for real.

• Thanks

It isn't "per capita" but by percentage of those diagnosed that are in the hospital.

The thing with Mississippi and other deplorable states is that they aren't big on public transportation, living in crowded cities or using reusable shopping bags. All huge disease vectors.

Yes, 31% of COVID-19 cases in MS are in the hospital. MIssissippi commonly ranks as one of our least healthiest states. Other unhealthy states include Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana.

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

So you get to infringe on my civil rights because you think your rights are unlimited? I don't think so.

Hopefully they do however so far if you look at the predictions of the president vs. Fauci and other qualified professionals the latter has been more on target.

unfuckingbelievable that anthony fauci now has to have security detail because of death threats.

Not surprising considering there are millions of people who think like the wingnuts on this board and didn't at least one of them from here actually carry out an act of terrorism?

no, it really isn't surprising... holy crap, i never heard anything about a poster going off the deep end for real.

Yeah, I forget which event it was but it was int he news, I don't think I was on the board at the time but heard about it by other posters.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode,
Full Holocaust mode, à la mode d'emploi d'Adolf Hitler.
scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead.
Mass murder? Murder-for-hire? City hall aldermen sure do make a lot of "plans" to control population in their vice district.
that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher.
Yeah, I know. Some of us are not submitting to your vices. And you f***ers are out to kill for pu$$y.
i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.
That's a lot of vice in that house, praying to the devil whatnot. Almost like a guy's off the deep end for lack of a soft place to sink his hard dick because of all that "social distancing" in bed at night due to Coronavirus®.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

So you get to infringe on my civil rights because you think your rights are unlimited? I don't think so.

You get to listen to your local and state authorities and stay the fuck away from groups.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode,
Full Holocaust mode, à la mode d'emploi d'Adolf Hitler.
scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead.
Mass murder? Murder-for-hire? City hall aldermen sure do make a lot of "plans" to control population in their vice district.
that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher.
Yeah, I know. Some of us are not submitting to your vices. And you f***ers are out to kill for pu$$y.
i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.
That's a lot of vice in that house, praying to the devil whatnot. Almost like a guy's off the deep end for lack of a soft place to sink his hard dick because of all that "social distancing" in bed at night due to Coronavirus®.

lol... i'm a hetero female faithfully married 35 years to the same dude. so i guess you failed on that one.

You gonna go to war because they told you to keep your germ-ridden ass at home and not contaminate others?

Gonna be lonely on your team.

Going to war because I'm not a slave, and I'll prove with my actions, and the actions of millions of conservative, freedom loving, armed patriots.

We're not your slaves.

You want to convince us, by all means. As I said, I thought the pastor should have kept everyone home.

But that doesn't mean you can just burn the constitution whenever you decide to.

If you are going to toss away our constitutional rights, then the basis for this country has no meaning, and if it has no meaning, then it is time to overthrow you people, and make a nation without you that is based on freedom again.

Following reasonable laws and temporary restrictions for public health concerns and out of responsibility to the rest of the community around you is not slavery, and it is incredibly offensive of you to so cavalierly appropriate the horrors of slavery to describe your incredibly spoiled, first-world-problems inconvenience.

When someone from the government comes and tells you that your actual religious beliefs are illegal, you call me and we'll talk. Until then, stop cheapening the First Amendment by trying to use it to excuse self-absorption.

You get to listen to your local and state authorities and stay the fuck away from groups.

Hey, Chuckles, if you can't be bothered to read and remember the thread so you know who's actually arguing what, then don't presume to the privilege of addressing me.

Either apologize for your vastly incorrect kneejerk assumption, or fuck off. Or both.

Agreed.

Who's this Anthony Fauci anyways? Some overeducated frat boy pimping it up with a bodyguard swinging brass knuckles for the whorehouses of his district? And there's a old lady says it's "playtime" for the adult men at the happy house. And they all go to church on Sunday, listen to the sermon, and obey the preacher's personal advice. Gee whiz.

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Of course the exceptions don't apply to Muslims. Why that would be wacist.

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

That's all it takes for most simpleton Leftists to drool all over them.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

:laughing0301:
thud.gif
:laugh2: :lmao:
shakehead.gif
:auiqs.jpg:
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Holy SHIT that just took over first place for stupidest post in recent memory.
Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?

First we have "ohmigod, it's SLAVERY to expect us to be inconvenienced!" Now we have "ohmigod, it's just like the NAZIS to expect us to be inconvenienced!" Should we cue the fainting couch and smelling salts? 'Cause this level of hysterical melodrama is positively Victorian.

It has nothing to do with politics. Mississippi doesn't have Mardi Gras.

• Thanks

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify trashing the First Amendment over a manufactured “crisis”.

The freedom of Assembly is an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right, and your ridiculous claim that anyone's right to life is violated by it is, at best, a greatly-exaggerated bit of hyperbole, if not a flat-out lie.
I already dispensed with your nonsense. Your acceptance is not actually needed, just so ya know.

• Thanks

Hey, Chuckles, if you can't be bothered to read and remember the thread so you know who's actually arguing what, then don't presume to the privilege of addressing me.

Either apologize for your vastly incorrect kneejerk assumption, or fuck off. Or both.

Yep, I deserved that, read your post wrong.

Agreed.

Who's this Anthony Fauci anyways? Some overeducated frat boy pimping it up with a bodyguard swinging brass knuckles for the whorehouses of his district? And there's a old lady says it's "playtime" for the adult men at the happy house. And they all go to church on Sunday, listen to the sermon, and obey the preacher's personal advice. Gee whiz.

:uhh:

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".

It wasn't the church that tried to illegally shut down the government. It was the government that tried to illegally shut down the church, in blatant and inexcusable violation of the First Amendment. It was government that manufactured a fake crisis, and then tried to use it as an excuse to trash the Constitution.
Congregating at the church was not the only option. They could have performed their services online.

Other churches have found a lot of ways to maintain the fellowship and community that is the purpose of attending church, many of them quite creative.

I think anyone who believes that physical presence in a building with other people once a week (or more) regardless of any other considerations is what worshipping God is all about is doing it wrong and missing the entire point of the exercise.

But I don't think the point at all is what we think about how people exercise their religious faith. It's what THEY think and believe. My church is meeting virtually and I personally think that's the right call. But I am not in the position to put that on others' consciences. That's the first point.

My second point, and an important one, is that this going on day after week after posibly, month. A violation of all kinds of individual rights as outlined in the Bill of Rights. For "safety", for "public health". Today it's a virus; next year it's Tornado, Flood and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. Can't be out on the roads or in stores because you put such and such lives at risk, yadda yadda. Below will be the nincompoop chatterers saying "That's ridiculous" but it's not at all.

Give totalitarians an inch and they will always take 100 miles, every time.

You used the word 'ridiculous' that is exactly what you are....no common sense...pathetic.

I do not know your i.q. and following this thread I have noted it is not about intelligence....or mental retardation....it is about stupidity and it is more proof that there is no remedy for stupidity.....but the remedy for those attending big gatherings in these times....is quite simply ....jail time. That would shut it all down quickly. These morons go on and on about their personal liberty being violated....but I gurantee not one of them would be willing to go to jail to back up their ridiculous position on this matter.

So what's your story. What are you so afraid of? It's something.

Fear should never rule your life.

There's a difference between not letting fear rule your life and being insanely reckless, especially when it's other people's lives and health with which you're being reckless.

Yes, 31% of COVID-19 cases in MS are in the hospital. MIssissippi commonly ranks as one of our least healthiest states. Other unhealthy states include Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana.
being in Mississippi, it occurs to some of us that not all people who actually have corvid 19 are seeking medical treatment until its really bad.

And without going into off topic debate, if that is a reason for the hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide

Some people will die, but the overwhelming majority will recovered and thrive.
And most of them are old people with medical issues who only have a few years left at best anyway.

Hey, pal. My older sister is 59, with serious asthma and a couple of other things that put her in the high-risk-of-death category for this thing. Without the coronavirus and with regular medication and doctor's visits, she's a vibrant, essential part of her family's lives and will be for at least 20 years yet.

I will thank you not to be so casual and callous about people some of us love, just because they aren't YOUR loved ones.

Forum List

Back