We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Then stop driving cars, which is a known danger.

Do not EVER eat peanuts or tree nuts in public places again, a known danger for the food allergic.

Or wear fragrances. A danger for asthmatics.

Gosh, so many dangers you need to avoid, thumb sucker

You are not even remotely making a relevant or valid analogy here. Crowding together during a pandemic of a respiratory virus is NOT the same as everyday life risks, not even close. It's far more akin to texting while driving, or even driving drunk. I'm assuming that you don't do either of those, regardless of your constant cries of "don't let fear rule your life!"

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.
You gonna go to war because they told you to keep your germ-ridden ass at home and not contaminate others?

Gonna be lonely on your team.

from the looks of things theres plenty of other stupid sob's walking around wasting air

"If they would rather die, maybe they should do it, and decrease the surplus population."--Ebeneezer Scrooge "A Christmas Story", when he was a completely heartless moron

I'm sorry, but are you expecting us to see wisdom in the words of Ebenezer Scrooge pre-spirits? You DO realize you're not supposed to agree with or identify with him at that point in the story, right?

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Of course the exceptions don't apply to Muslims. Why that would be wacist.

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

That's all it takes for most simpleton Leftists to drool all over them.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

:laughing0301:
thud.gif
:laugh2: :lmao:
shakehead.gif
:auiqs.jpg:
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Holy SHIT that just took over first place for stupidest post in recent memory.
Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.Ho

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?
How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?
That's going to far, in my book.

Read here, on this forum, what people would like to DO to do those who don't follow "Social distancing orders"

Over to you, Mactheknife

Yes, and because there are a handful of deranged wackjobs on an Internet message board (wow, what are the odds?) that automatically applies to any and all people who support temporary restrictions on large crowds and utterly invalidates the restrictions?

How about no?

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

So you get to infringe on my civil rights because you think your rights are unlimited? I don't think so.

You get to listen to your local and state authorities and stay the fuck away from groups.

Hey, Chuckles, if you can't be bothered to read and remember the thread so you know who's actually arguing what, then don't presume to the privilege of addressing me.

Either apologize for your vastly incorrect kneejerk assumption, or fuck off. Or both.

Yep, I deserved that, read your post wrong.

Accepted. It's weird enough for both of us to agree on something. Kinda icky.

Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

Actually, you got this half assed backwards. The most affected states are cess pools like New York, owned and operated by the Far Left.

Not in so called "troglodyte states".

Libs have disregarded our President's suggestion for citizens to wash their hands, figuring they are "fucking up Trump's program" by their refusals.

tick toc, trog ... tic toc.

It's happening now, Mississippi has the largest COVID-19 hospitalization rate.

Oklahoma and South Carolina round out the top 3.

Mississippi has 1100 cases of Kung Flu. New York has 84000.

BTW, Louisiana is adjacent to Mississippi but is run by a Hardcore leftist, and has more than 5 times as many cases as Mississippi
It has nothing to do with politics. Mississippi doesn't have Mardi Gras.

Agree,

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.
And in a totally selfish vein, those who continue to disregard the social distancing orders prolong this goddamned shutdown and the ever tightening stay-at-home orders that are completely fucking up our lives.

if all 50 states go into shelter in place mode, scientists are predicting that our best outcome will be 100,000 - 240,000,000 dead. that is the benchmark we hope to meet. but it's not looking like the troglodyte states are jumping on board; so the toll might be higher. i hope & pray (in my house where i know god can hear me) that scientific models have it wrong.

Actually, you got this half assed backwards. The most affected states are cess pools like New York, owned and operated by the Far Left.

Libs have disregarded our President's suggestion for citizens to wash their hands, figuring they are "fucking up Trump's program" by their refusals.

BTW, Louisiana is adjacent to Mississippi but is run by a Hardcore leftist, and has more than 5 times as many cases as Mississippi

And? Per capita they have the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 and it's going to get worse for them and everyone else quite frankly.

It isn't "per capita" but by percentage of those diagnosed that are in the hospital.

The thing with Mississippi and other deplorable states is that they aren't big on public transportation, living in crowded cities or using reusable shopping bags. All huge disease vectors.

Yes, 31% of COVID-19 cases in MS are in the hospital. MIssissippi commonly ranks as one of our least healthiest states. Other unhealthy states include Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana.
being in Mississippi, it occurs to some of us that not all people who actually have corvid 19 are seeking medical treatment until its really bad.

And without going into off topic debate, if that is a reason for the hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide

I think across the country people are staying at home even if they think they have the virus unless it becomes life threatening. That's what I'd do.

I don't have a link but saw a story where they are now finding elderly people who passed away in their homes due to COVID-19 and never went into the hospital. Most likely because it would be pointless.

chances are pretty good all of the hard core constitution quacks carping about their right to assemble are sealed off in a basement somewhere - just talking shit on a message board.

So you get to infringe on my civil rights because you think your rights are unlimited? I don't think so.

You get to listen to your local and state authorities and stay the fuck away from groups.

Hey, Chuckles, if you can't be bothered to read and remember the thread so you know who's actually arguing what, then don't presume to the privilege of addressing me.

Either apologize for your vastly incorrect kneejerk assumption, or fuck off. Or both.

Yep, I deserved that, read your post wrong.

Accepted. It's weird enough for both of us to agree on something. Kinda icky.

I's kind of refreshing actually.

hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide
Hopefully all the head shrinks, psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health workers, therapists, counselors, and pharmacists, who are always ordering us around, telling us what to do, and making all our decisions for us, will f***ing DIE of f***ing Coronavirus® if we don't get to them first.
just because they aren't YOUR loved ones
F***ers who hospitalize their "loved ones" on an involuntary basis and petition to have their rights revoked will get what they deserve.

Medieval European rack as punishment for medieval European medical malpractice. Stretch them out limb from limb, tear their joints apart. I just want to see those damned doctors suffer and die for what they've done to us.

Ya' just can't defeat the Christian church. The Soviet Union tried for decades.

And those on the left wrong have been trying to do so here in this country, for not quite as many decades, and without nearly as much power behind them. But they keep trying, and it's no surprise to see them exploiting this manufactured crisis for this purpose.
The best the left can do to compete is establish and feed their "liberal" churches.

The crisis is quite real, though; a lot of people are dying. But they do seem to delight in posting stories on these boards about the arrest of pastors. And I don't imagine we've seen the last such story.

Like I say, the church is not easy to oppose.

neh - it's not so much about arresting religious leaders - but rather holding those responsible for their actions instead of allowing them to cloak themselves in some sort of false special 'constituional' privledge regardless of the danger they are creating.

I seem to recall the same wags sitting on here denouncing those who refuse to follow mandatory evacuation orders in a coming hurricane. Here, they do a complete 180. Having it both ways: Priceless.

People have the right not to follow mandatory evacuation orders. They do not have to evacuate their homes on gov't edict. What they do not have the right to is dispatchers putting their lives at risk to save them. And that is fair.

Glad you agree with that. Unfortunately, this is not a situation where people have the ability to be insanely careless about their own lives and health without also endangering the lives and health of others. And you just said it was fair that they don't have the right to put the lives of others at risk.

hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide
Hopefully all the head shrinks, psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health workers, therapists, counselors, and pharmacists, who are always ordering us around, telling us what to do, and making all our decisions for us, will f***ing DIE of f***ing Coronavirus® if we don't get to them first.
F***ers who hospitalize their "loved ones" on an involuntary basis and petition to have their rights revoked will get what they deserve.

Medieval European rack as punishment for medieval European medical malpractice. Stretch them out limb from limb, tear their joints apart. I just want to see those damned doctors suffer and die for what they've done to us.

Wow, you a crazy fuck.

Then stop driving cars, which is a known danger.

Do not EVER eat peanuts or tree nuts in public places again, a known danger for the food allergic.

Or wear fragrances. A danger for asthmatics.

Gosh, so many dangers you need to avoid, thumb sucker

I don't drive with a blind fold on.

Doesn't matter, you could inadvertently cause someone's death. Stop driving today

We have laws intended to make driving safer, literally thousands of them. So, during pandemics you might have to follow a rule or two, dumbshit.

And despite those laws people still die. So better just stop driving--by your own words, you are "knowingly endangering people"

Actually, most traffic fatalities are due to someone ignoring the laws. So better just stop ignoring laws when they're inconvenient for you, hmmm?

And? Per capita they have the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 and it's going to get worse for them and everyone else quite frankly.

It isn't "per capita" but by percentage of those diagnosed that are in the hospital.

The thing with Mississippi and other deplorable states is that they aren't big on public transportation, living in crowded cities or using reusable shopping bags. All huge disease vectors.

Yes, 31% of COVID-19 cases in MS are in the hospital. MIssissippi commonly ranks as one of our least healthiest states. Other unhealthy states include Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana.
being in Mississippi, it occurs to some of us that not all people who actually have corvid 19 are seeking medical treatment until its really bad.

And without going into off topic debate, if that is a reason for the hospitalization rate, it may not be JUST about insurance coverage, access to services or patient ignorance. At it might explain the shelter in place order state wide
I was thinking the hospitalization rate in Mississippi might be because there is a larger at risk population? Diabetes, heart trouble, COPD, those sort of things?

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but does going to the doctor sooner prevent hospitalizations? I thought they couldn't do anything until you needed to be hospitalized and hooked up to oxygen.

someone call the asylum and have them send the men in white uniforms for this asshack -

I don't have a link but saw a story where they are now finding elderly people who passed away in their homes due to COVID-19 and never went into the hospital. Most likely because it would be pointless.

Why would anyone think it would be "pointless"? Chinese Kung Flu isn't that deadly, and there are effective treatments for the virus.

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The point being, because he is a scam artist bilking witless followers out of everything he can get, religious freedoms shouldn't apply to him. This is a manufactured stink, not a real one.

You want to get your knickers in a bunch? Piss and moan about De Blasio threatening to permanently shutter synagogues and churches that hold services. That's something worth discussing, this Howard-Brown shit stain getting arrested isn't worth the bandwidth.

Yeah, no, not on board with "Let's make a determination based on my personal take on his beliefs and his church". THAT would make the currently-overblown arguments in support of him actually valid.

But you are correct about De Blasio. That dimwits drunk on power.

ANNNNND

IF 1 PERSON AT THE SERVICE GOT SICK , PREACHERBOI SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR PUBLIC ENDANGERMENT

anyone from the service dies he needs to be on death row waiting for the gas chamber

Okay, now it's your turn to calm the fuck down and lose the overblown melodrama.

I was thinking the hospitalization rate in Mississippi might be because there is a larger at risk population? Diabetes, heart trouble, COPD, those sort of things?

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but does going to the doctor sooner prevent hospitalizations? I thought they couldn't do anything until you needed to be hospitalized and hooked up to oxygen.

no dr visits via appt, waiting rooms etc - ER service only -

at least here in Tx

Forum List

Back