We are the 99%

Angry__Vegetable::::

You got the general picture of political despair and hopelessness.. No prob there.. In the engineering jargon, we have an unstable system. One that is prone to oscillation and inefficiency. THe proximate cause is the 2 party monopoly.. Currently one party doesn't have to Govern well. THey only need to govern less badly to be rewarded with power when the other blows it..

THey PROTECT this monopoly by imposing ridiculous ballot access rules and controlling the formal debate. And all the USMB finger pointing devolves to who screwed up first. Or who spent more or who cheated less. It's a funhouse of failure.. And it stinks. Take the simplistic road where there are 2 (nominally) DEM parties and 2 (nominally) REP parties. ALL that ends. Because NOW you've introduced REAL competition. Why wouldn't a free market person recognize that? In reality, the choices would probably migrate to 2 centrist parties with little backbone philosophy and 2 "principled" parties that actually represent political roots in Conservative and Progressive politics.

But Angry Veg --- you're also assuming that there is no PREFERRED direction. That the Wall Street clowns are an equally valid choice to the Tea Party.. You don't have that luxury. You've got to decide. The wealthy don't really run this country -- Congress does. And Congress is corrupt and weilding too much power and money. It's the POWER to punish and reward that is the proximate cause of the collusion. MicroSoft never wanted to have a huge lobbyist presence in Wash. until it was attacked by the behemoth. NOW -- they act in self-preservation to survive the legislative/regulation onslaught.

The CAUSE is Federal power and money. The EFFECT is corporate cronyism. We need to wean GE and the banks OFF of the govt teat and let them graze for themselves again. You don't get to the solution by building a BIGGER and more POWERFUL set of teats!!!!!

So stay Angry you proud Vegetable. But if I were you -- I'd figure out which foxhole you're gonna dive into when the Revolution comes. Or like me -- work to INCREASE the number of foxholes that voters have to choose from...

The wealthy don't really run this country -- Congress does. And Congress is corrupt and weilding too much power and money.

If ya looked up the facts and figures you would see that the financial houses (Wall Street) buys up both sides. Then sends lobbyists to remind them.

And who was it that started protesting irresponsibility in Congress?

Hmmm. Yea, that was the TEA Parties. And the left called them racists.

Now, y'all expect everyone to support this hysterical bullshit 'spontaneous' movement. Idiots. Every fucking one of 'em.

So no one forces you to turn over your hard earned money to that dastardly banker?

Nope

I have worked hard to change my balance sheet so I don't need them. Not bad for a homeless foster kid.

Well has it occurred to you that if you, a homeless foster kid, can survive without utilizing the banks services that other's can as well?

Yes, but I also learned that the cards were stacked unfavorably against me. I don't believe we should have such an unlevel playing field being dictated by the 'silver spoons'. It ain't about me but what i have learned. Greed and unfairness will be judged.

Last edited:

You got the general picture of political despair and hopelessness.. No prob there.. In the engineering jargon, we have an unstable system. One that is prone to oscillation and inefficiency. THe proximate cause is the 2 party monopoly.. Currently one party doesn't have to Govern well. THey only need to govern less badly to be rewarded with power when the other blows it..

THey PROTECT this monopoly by imposing ridiculous ballot access rules and controlling the formal debate. And all the USMB finger pointing devolves to who screwed up first. Or who spent more or who cheated less. It's a funhouse of failure.. And it stinks. Take the simplistic road where there are 2 (nominally) DEM parties and 2 (nominally) REP parties. ALL that ends. Because NOW you've introduced REAL competition. Why wouldn't a free market person recognize that? In reality, the choices would probably migrate to 2 centrist parties with little backbone philosophy and 2 "principled" parties that actually represent political roots in Conservative and Progressive politics.

But Angry Veg --- you're also assuming that there is no PREFERRED direction. That the Wall Street clowns are an equally valid choice to the Tea Party.. You don't have that luxury. You've got to decide. The wealthy don't really run this country -- Congress does. And Congress is corrupt and weilding too much power and money. It's the POWER to punish and reward that is the proximate cause of the collusion. MicroSoft never wanted to have a huge lobbyist presence in Wash. until it was attacked by the behemoth. NOW -- they act in self-preservation to survive the legislative/regulation onslaught.

The CAUSE is Federal power and money. The EFFECT is corporate cronyism. We need to wean GE and the banks OFF of the govt teat and let them graze for themselves again. You don't get to the solution by building a BIGGER and more POWERFUL set of teats!!!!!

So stay Angry you proud Vegetable. But if I were you -- I'd figure out which foxhole you're gonna dive into when the Revolution comes. Or like me -- work to INCREASE the number of foxholes that voters have to choose from...

The wealthy don't really run this country -- Congress does. And Congress is corrupt and weilding too much power and money.

If ya looked up the facts and figures you would see that the financial houses (Wall Street) buys up both sides. Then sends lobbyists to remind them.

And who was it that started protesting irresponsibility in Congress?

Hmmm. Yea, that was the TEA Parties. And the left called them racists.

Now, y'all expect everyone to support this hysterical bullshit 'spontaneous' movement. Idiots. Every fucking one of 'em.

Sounds exactly what they were saying about them ole' Tea partiers!

Wall Street? Really?

Not Hollywood? Not the NRA? Not NARAL? Not AFT/NEA? C'mon. That $10,000 campaign donation is ENOUGH to buy a semitruck full of Fed Reserve cash in your vault?

If INFLUENCE money came out of the system -- Just ban it in your mind -- Doesn't exist.. The PATRONAGE would still go out. It would go out because Westinghouse provided jobs in your district. Or provided tax revenue to the State you represent. Or you had a nephew on the Board of Directors. Or you USED to be the CFO.
Take away UNION money. Think that dedicated Progressives wouldn't figure out ways to do quid pro quo with exchanging taxpayer funds for union contributions? Take away NRA money, think that engraciating yourself to the gun-owning members wouldn't still be lucrutive?

"It's the HANDOUT of POWER AND TAXMONEY stupid" (to paraphrase Carville) -- NOT the lobbying and the campaign cash.

Cause and effect. Until you get it right -- you won't ever get close to the solution..

No GOVT SUPER-TEAT on steroids is gonna make it better...

Jeez, Knock off the self aggrandizing poetry. I have done all that too. When the banks come sucking on the teat of America and then do not live up to the promise the sorry no clue a'holes deserve all they get.

Who forces you to use the banks?

Money was printed and handed over to the banks to prop them up. Money that taxpayers like us will have to pay back to those who hold the bonds on that cash someday in the future.

Really?... you pay taxes, a college student? At the end of the year you don't get anything back or owe the government money?

Jeez, Knock off the self aggrandizing poetry. I have done all that too. When the banks come sucking on the teat of America and then do not live up to the promise the sorry no clue a'holes deserve all they get.

Money was printed and handed over to the banks to prop them up. Money that taxpayers like us will have to pay back to those who hold the bonds on that cash someday in the future.

U do realize Veg, that MOST of the major banks had to be strong-armed into TAKING the bailouts? THat many refused and were threatened that they might not pass a "stress-test" and audit without it. And when they wanted to pay it back quickly -- the FEDs dragged their feet simply because they wanted to continue micro-managing those bank's internal affairs.

Really?... you pay taxes, a college student? At the end of the year you don't get anything back or owe the government money?

Nah, cause they deduct more than I owe and don't pay no interest or penalties on it. if the inverse were true I sure the hell would have to. Now what does that one little minor fact say about the system?

Nah, cause they deduct more than I owe and don't pay no interest or penalties on it. if the inverse were true I sure the hell would have to. Now what does that one little minor fact say about the system?

How much they deduct is up to you...... if you are miffed about giving them an interest free loan.... readjust your withholding.

Nope

I have worked hard to change my balance sheet so I don't need them. Not bad for a homeless foster kid.

Well has it occurred to you that if you, a homeless foster kid, can survive without utilizing the banks services that other's can as well?

Yes, but I also learned that the cards were stacked unfavorably against me. I don't believe we should have such an unlevel playing field being dictated by the 'silver spoons'. It ain't about me but what i have learned. Greed and unfairness will be judged.

And have you yet learned that those corporations and banks don't reach into people's pockets and TAKE their money? People choose to utilize the services of banks and companies for their own convenience. People whine that the "silver spoons" have all the money, but refuse to recognize their own culpability in giving the money to the "silver spoons". Whether it be through our votes or who we choose to do business with, the American people have the ability to make a difference without turning into whining, sniveling, spoiled brats, demanding that everything be handed to us so that it will "be fair".

I love how nobody can really explain what these human stink-bombs that are shitting and pissing in the streets actually want.

I love how nobody can really explain what these human stink-bombs that are shitting and pissing in the streets actually want.

New age hippies. Same old shit different hair cuts.

Think about it.... they want to get out from under the thumb of the man. :lol: The funny thing is.... the "man" now are the hippies of old.

Hey, I just realized! I am a 99%er F you 1%ers

You'll be needing this then......

soap-bar-suds.jpg

2309030.jpg

I probably will get flamed for this, but I am begging everyone of this board to at least consider the merits of OWS (Occupy Wall Street). What we have seen for quite some time now is the purposeful division of our society along very few issues. (Gun control, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) At the same time, we have seen the Treasury gutted, our Civil Liberties curtailed, and the normalization of a permanent state of war.

It doesn't matter which vetted politician is in charge, (Obama, Bush, Clinton) we get tossed to the side all the same. Both Bush and Obama bailed out the banks. Obama continues to throw the Bill of Rights out the window.

I am sure everyone knows that the laundry list of problems looks endless, but we must recognize that a many faced monster turns us against each other while reaching into our pocketbooks. These few that attempt to steer hatred of our fellow citizens into our lives have no political agenda, they are only concerned about their own gain, and they win every time a liberal calls a conservative a fascist or a tea bagger, or a conservative calls a liberal a hippie or a commie. These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride.

Long live the Republic.

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

The words sound right, but as I look at the Anon sites and stuff, I'm seeing more and more that it's all based on conspiracy theories, just like the start of this thread.

I've got a conspiracy theory for ya. The progressives are behind this. People like Van Jones. They want to suck us in with talk of the republic, but when the shit hits the fan, they want to take over.

They will tell you that the media complex is telling you OWS is a bunch of crazies, yet they will also tell you that the tea party are the real crazies, but don't get it that the same media complex told them that.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one until you can prove it's not.

I'm the 99% too. And you guys do not speak for me. I speak for myself. Pisses me off somewhat when someone hijacks my individual freedom for their fucking left wing agenda.

But... Say Hi to Watermelon Man Van Jones from me.

How is it part of the left wing agenda to say that there is an immense amount of coordinated corruption in this country from both parties?

I'm not a tea partier, but this is exactly what they have been saying. Yet you still sell them down the river? Something stinks.

This!
+1

Forum List

Back