We are the 99%

We are the 53%.... you know, the ones who pay for the rest of you who don't.

We Are The 53%

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

The one thing that all of us can do is vote with our feet.

I long ago moved my money to a bank that was not involved in the derivatives Ponzi scheme.

A lot of people are starting to look at credit unions, too.

That's a good idea.

Why reward the people who screwing America?

The banks, the insurance companies, and the oil companies.

My bank wasn't part of the bullshit done by others like BofA, either, but I'll go to my local credit union the very day they start putting new fees on me like BofA has started doing.

We Are The 53%

Chris: I posted a thread questioning this POS factoid that you over-use..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/186369-2-5-of-wealth-not-so-fast-charlie.html

Seems like nobody wants to disclose the source of data or methods used to create this simplistic pie chart. IN FACT -- when you trace back the origin of this PHONEY chart, (and I did just that) It's origin is "

Wolff, Edward. 2010. Unpublished analysis of the Survey of Consumer Finances (2007) & Federal Reserve Flow of Funds (2009) data prepared in 2010 for the Economic Policy Institute.

NOTE ---> the SOURCE is an "UNPUBLISHED analysis of the Survey of Consumer Finances".

If that passes for the smell test for you --- you MUST be a class warrior, Daily Kos dwelling leftist. Go put it up on sign and head for Wall Street.. It's ALL Bullshit down there today...

We Are The 53%

I don't think wealth is as good an indicator as income; because those with a lower income will have substantially less wealth saved away (particularly in a system with safety nets like social security, where the gov't taxes and returns).

Here is a better graph:

post1-thumb-615x486-65416.png

Source

Notice it is nearly as bleak.

Derek Thompson said:
[T]he average 99th percenter makes more in a year than somebody in the bottom quintile would make in 150 years.

We Are The 53%

I don't think wealth is as good an indicator as income; because those with a lower income will have substantially less wealth saved away (particularly in a system with safety nets like social security, where the gov't taxes and returns).

Here is a better graph:

post1-thumb-615x486-65416.png

Source

Notice it is nearly as bleak.

Derek Thompson said:
[T]he average 99th percenter makes more in a year than somebody in the bottom quintile would make in 150 years.

Now there ya go.. Verifiable data.. Something to ponder. Doesn't make me jealous however. I can't play in NBA and make $1Mill per week. Can you? Want to manage 93,000 employees and 131 business units world-wide? Neither do I.. Want to be a Snookie? Nope.

The Chris graph pisses me off because it's based on crap undoubtably. In Cali, my friends had $800,000 homes, 2 luxury cars, a cabin in Tahoe and a kid at Stanford. VERY FEW of them were "worth" over $100,000. At the other end, we have over 12,000,000 undocumented poverty wage workers. MOST of those SEND BUCKS HOME. We know that bootie to be close to $40Bill/year. Are THEY ACCOUNTED FOR in the shitty graph? We'll never know will we? Not from a PAID FOR -- UNPUBLISHED report..

I've never disclosed my "net worth" to ANYONE (other than on a college loan application for my kids). Not even my financial advisors have a real picture of what I'm worth.. I doubt the data exists in a form where Chris can get close to conclusions like that.

"These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride."

These people we are dealing with at the bottom, who are trying to bring down the hand that feeds most of them, are doing the GOP a great favor, in the long run. The Independents are watching and guess on whose side they won't wish to be....
It doesn't matter, any longer.

The White Wingers are losing.....and, there's no going-back.​

February 7, 2012

The Winner IS....

"Gen X” was popularized as an advertising term. Marketers used the label to describe the young people of the late ‘80s. The focus was on how to sell goods to the MTV generation.

Advertisements at that time, just as one example, started to feature unmarried couples to appeal to this group of consumers. This was a first and in the early ‘90s it was pushing the envelope. It apparently resonated. The advertisers gauged correctly: They successfully sold their products to Americans with the now documented lowest marriage rate in history.

The argument could be made (mainly by those who want to take us back to a mythical innocent time of the supposedly recent past) that it’s advertisers who’ve corrupted our culture and changed what’s socially acceptable through their manipulations. Or, if you have sold your proverbial soul to the gods of unfettered commerce – like the rightwing self-described Culture Warriors, or the (formerly) Moral (former) Majority – advertisements are the market speaking for the greater culture at large. And the greater culture, funny enough, largely disagrees with the rightwing."

532.gif
528.gif

2309030.jpg

I probably will get flamed for this, but I am begging everyone of this board to at least consider the merits of OWS (Occupy Wall Street). What we have seen for quite some time now is the purposeful division of our society along very few issues. (Gun control, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) At the same time, we have seen the Treasury gutted, our Civil Liberties curtailed, and the normalization of a permanent state of war.

It doesn't matter which vetted politician is in charge, (Obama, Bush, Clinton) we get tossed to the side all the same. Both Bush and Obama bailed out the banks. Obama continues to throw the Bill of Rights out the window.

I am sure everyone knows that the laundry list of problems looks endless, but we must recognize that a many faced monster turns us against each other while reaching into our pocketbooks. These few that attempt to steer hatred of our fellow citizens into our lives have no political agenda, they are only concerned about their own gain, and they win every time a liberal calls a conservative a fascist or a tea bagger, or a conservative calls a liberal a hippie or a commie. These people that we are dealing with at the top are political chameleons who have no interest in the survival of the nation, only the endurance of their egos and pride.

Long live the Republic.

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

Just tell us what you plan to replace capitalism with.

ANARKY babee!

Forum List

Back