Washington Post is going to party like it's 1973

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Is it the role of journalists and/or a reporting agency such as the Washington Post to take it upon themselves to politically assassinate anyone? That is exactly what happened in the early 70s when Woodward and Bernstein of the Washington Post decided they could take down a controversial and disliked President Nixon over a 2 bit "spying" operation between political parties. Who gives a shit, right? Political dweebs spying on each other, hey knock yourselves out. Well it ending up working because once they brought it to light, Nixon freaked out because of his paranoid personality. That is when the Watergate molehill erupted into a giant mountain of Watergate bullshit and the Post and Woodward and Bernstein were idolized, complete with a Pulitzer prize and high profile movie "All The Presiden'ts Men".

Fast forward to 2016. You have a new generation of journalists and a now struggling Washington Post with circulation down 37% since 2009 looking to increase their respective stature. What better target than Trump? He's white, successful, controversial, who will defend him? They see Trump and they lick their chops: It's Nixon all over again! Let's get him! It's the glory days once more, Huzzah! Oh they can almost taste that Pulitzer prize.

What I hope the Trump campaign does is turn the tables on them and call out each reporter and editor and bring to light some interesting personal issues on each of them. No more faceless weasels writing smear articles, let's turn up the lights and watch them scurry. That's what I say. I hope I'm right and if I read Trump correctly, he's going to take the fight right to their doorstep, and rightly so. Fuck the Washington Post and their den of weasels and any other media figure is fair game for that matter. Enough is enough.

Is it the role of journalists and/or a reporting agency such as the Washington Post to take it upon themselves to politically assassinate anyone? That is exactly what happened in the early 70s when Woodward and Bernstein of the Washington Post decided they could take down a controversial and disliked President Nixon over a 2 bit "spying" operation between political parties. Who gives a shit, right? Political dweebs spying on each other, hey knock yourselves out. Well it ending up working because once they brought it to light, Nixon freaked out because of his paranoid personality. That is when the Watergate molehill erupted into a giant mountain of Watergate bullshit and the Post and Woodward and Bernstein were idolized, complete with a Pulitzer prize and high profile movie "All The Presiden'ts Men".

Fast forward to 2016. You have a new generation of journalists and a now struggling Washington Post with circulation down 37% since 2009 looking to increase their respective stature. What better target than Trump? He's white, successful, controversial, who will defend him? They see Trump and they lick their chops: It's Nixon all over again! Let's get him! It's the glory days once more, Huzzah! Oh they can almost taste that Pulitzer prize.

What I hope the Trump campaign does is turn the tables on them and call out each reporter and editor and bring to light some interesting personal issues on each of them. No more faceless weasels writing smear articles, let's turn up the lights and watch them scurry. That's what I say. I hope I'm right and if I read Trump correctly, he's going to take the fight right to their doorstep, and rightly so. Fuck the Washington Post and their den of weasels and any other media figure is fair game for that matter. Enough is enough.
Nixon wasn't ruined because of the 2 bit "spying" operation; he was ruined for taking advantage of his position, then lying about it and covering it up for a couple of years. The paranoid personality that couldn't take criticism or take responsibility for a mistake? It SEEMS as though Trump is a perfect contender for a repeat -- IF they can actually find anything he's done that is that wrong. Maybe Trump's a straight shooter. I haven't seen him pulling stuff like Cruz did in Iowa.

It is the 'job' of a newspaper to print what sells. When people buy enlightened reporting, more media will deliver it.
Remember, believing what one reads is a choice. Belief is a choice. Personal experience is knowing.

The Washington Compost is doing a great job aiding and abetting the DNC's message to their hordes of low information nitwits. Expect a few more Pulitzers for their fine work.

Forum List

Back