Walmart to Pay Truckers $110,000, More Than Double What Average College Grad Makes

My own link says they are making on average twice what your people are making.

which is still not very much

and those expenses include fuel and maintanence on a truck they OWN....some folks like being self-employed and work the hours and jobs they want, not to mention owning their own rig.

If they own it and are not doing the "lease to own" that many people are forced to do since buying it out right is beyond most people. And if they are leasing to own from a trucking company they are stuck running loads for them.

which is still not very much

If they own it and are not doing the "lease to own" that many people are forced to do since buying it out right is beyond most people. And if they are leasing to own from a trucking company they are stuck running loads for them.
It's more then the national average of income which is $51K... it might not get you far in a place like NYC or San Fran, where Govt policies have made it extremely difficult to live and we are seeing a mass exodus, but it's more then national average.

Lease to own, still means you walk away owning it. Yes, a lot of people take car or truck loans....that's not uncommon at all.

Lease to own, still means you walk away owning it. Yes, a lot of people take car or truck loans....that's not uncommon at all.

If you keep working for the company you are leasing it from. Leave the company before the truck is paid off and you walk away with nothing.

No you didn't. You're angry that working class people are making a mockery of the massive debt you incurred for a useless degree. And no, President Silver Alert isn't going to forgive it, he just told you that, and you're too fucking dumb to realize he was lying.
Up the meds. You seem to have lost the ability to understand simple English!

If you keep working for the company you are leasing it from. Leave the company before the truck is paid off and you walk away with nothing.
Well yeah, maybe I guess...if you are leasing the truck and not owning the truck, or got a truck loan from a bank...cause iff you are leasing you don't own the truck...which is not what I was talking about at all.

Geez.

People can lie to themselves all they want to make themselves feel better, but if you're sleeping and living out of the truck you're on the job, period.

Well yeah, maybe I guess...if you are leasing the truck and not owning the truck, or got a truck loan from a bank...cause iff you are leasing you don't own the truck...which is not what I was talking about at all.

Geez.

I fully support truckers getting paid well. It is a shitty job and the companies have all sorts of gimmicks to rope them in.

We looked into CDL classes for my son and emailed a few of the companies that do them. The "offers" they send back look simply amazing and most people just starting off in life do not know about reading the fine print.

I think truckers should be treated better than they are, they are one of the more "essential" jobs that we have. I am glad that WalMart is understanding this.

All of this also just speeds up the introduction of driverless trucks. Shortages and shortfalls drive innovation.

Who says they're going by laws? They limit driving and combinations of work and driving to 70 hours. As pointed out earlier, they don't cont sitting at docks as 'hours of work'. And after logging 70 hours they not supposed to drive, but they can indeed keep working. DOT doesn't regulate their hours of work at all..
Actually, they do. A driver clocks in as "on duty" when they come in the yard and "Off-duty" at the end of the day. driving sits in there, as do mandated breaks.

People can lie to themselves all they want to make themselves feel better, but if you're sleeping and living out of the truck you're on the job, period.
Look Dummy, just admit you know nothing about trucking.
Some companies pay a “per dime” for overnight stays, but the fact is during your 10 hour break, you’re off duty. Period.

But hey, what do I know? I’ve only been driving for 30 years.

Look Dummy, just admit you know nothing about trucking.
Some companies pay a “per dime” for overnight stays, but the fact is during your 10 hour break, you’re off duty. Period.

But hey, what do I know? I’ve only been driving for 30 years.

And you still don't know the rules. No surprise there.

And you still don't know the rules. No surprise there.
I do know the rules....I gave you the rules...Hell, I even admitted that you had it partially right, in that, a Driver can work longer than his 11/14, but, that any work done must be logged as on duty, not driving, which subtracts hours from his 70 hrs for the week....So, yours and Moonbats claim that drivers can work as much as they want is just simply not true...

Also, much of what you are saying in here is just plain ignorant of the job....You don't have a clue...

Forum List

Back