Walmart to Pay Truckers $110,000, More Than Double What Average College Grad Makes

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Reason #26 why I support the Mike Rowe Foundation.

“For context, Walmart drivers make more than the average college graduate with a four-year degree. College graduates start out with an average salary of $55,260. Walmart truckers make double that, without the debt and wasted hours in the classroom with a nutty professor. Society sells college as a must. It’s a hustle. For some students, like those who enroll in STEM programs, college is ideal. Then there are the others who spend $100,000 in tuition for some useless degree and make far less than truckers, plumbers and welders do.”

1649813250450.png

$110k a year?
You mean the REAL minimum wage?

“For context, Walmart drivers make more than the average college graduate with a four-year degree. College graduates start out with an average salary of $55,260. Walmart truckers make double that, without the debt and wasted hours in the classroom with a nutty professor. Society sells college as a must. It’s a hustle. For some students, like those who enroll in STEM programs, college is ideal. Then there are the others who spend $100,000 in tuition for some useless degree and make far less than truckers, plumbers and welders do.”
They’d have enough money to not have to shop at Walmart!

doubtful W6, unless you fudged your log book...........

~S~
Log books on company truck have just about gone out of style with computers and monitoring to avoid liability. I did my share of cheating the log book back in the day, but nothing like that. You turn in 110 hours to the company for pay, they pay and then are responsible, for allowing it and the fines are worse on them, then what the driver gets. Then the DOT people start taking an interest in all your trucks and drives. Just not worth it.

They know how important the truckers are. And it seems they have made them actual employees instead of "independent contractors" like so many companies are doing.

Good for WalMart.

They know how important the truckers are. And it seems they have made them actual employees instead of "independent contractors" like so many companies are doing.

Good for WalMart.
In a few weeks, you'll see a post from the same guy who wrote the OP decrying Wal*Mart for all of the Chinese made products that are in those trucks.

Truckers make nice livings on the pay side. Not seeing your family for 6 days at a time though?

Some do, many do not. There is a reason that there is a 100% turnover rate among over the road truckers.

Some do, many do not. There is a reason that there is a 100% turnover rate among over the road truckers.

Way back in my youth, I thought about doing it.

If I were going to do it, I'd do a job like Wal Mart or Home Depot or whatever. DC to store. When you deliver to a local business like Central Freight does or whatever, you never know what you're going to find in terms of dock, gates, etc... The stores have docks if nothing else.

Forum List

Back