Walmart to Pay Truckers $110,000, More Than Double What Average College Grad Makes

^^^Look how angry the elitists get when their bubble is popped!

LOL!

As I have said a couple times now.

I am glad that WalMart is realizing how important truckers are. many companies do not seem to realize this and treat them as disposable assists.

Watched an interview with a couple that drive as a team. They were made "independent contractors" by their trucking company. They grossed 120 grand, and after all the expenses involved with a big rig including buying the fuel they cleared less than 30 grand at the end of the year.

I have, thoroughly; after 70 hours you just can't drive; you can unload trailers, do maintenance, any other kind of work you want to.
There shouldn't be any debate on this one...FMCSA regulates DRIVING hours, not WORKING hours (on duty)...

per the FMCSA FAQ page:

D-1. May a driver be on duty for more than 14 consecutive hours?

Yes. A driver may remain on duty for more than 14 hours; however, the driver of a property-carrying CMV cannot drive after the 14th hour after coming on duty. Also, the additional on-duty time will be counted toward the 60/70-hour on-duty limit.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/truck/driver/hos/hos-faqs.asp#_Toc111021248

So, while you're partially correct, that you can work the dock after your 11 hrs driving, you have to log it as "on duty not driving", and counts toward your 70/8 clock.

So, while you're partially correct, that you can work the dock after your 11 hrs driving, you have to log it as "on duty not driving", and counts toward your 70/8 clock.

And of course almost no OTR driver paid by the zip code ever does any such thing. Your post just verifies what I said, you can't driveafter logging so many work hours; you can still work.

This is a stupid argument to start with. No one argued everyone should go to college like the OP and many others pretend.

Yes you can not go to college and drive a truck and make good money. NO one argued you can't. You can also not go to college and get stuck stocking shelves.

This idea that we should make up arguments that are nothing but an attempt to divide people is really sad and it's done by some really sad excuses for people.

I am glad that WalMart is realizing how important truckers are. many companies do not seem to realize this and treat them as disposable assists.

Watched an interview with a couple that drive as a team. They were made "independent contractors" by their trucking company. They grossed 120 grand, and after all the expenses involved with a big rig including buying the fuel they cleared less than 30 grand at the end of the year.
They apparently didn't work much, or also were horrible business people.

"How much an owner operator gets paid is affected greatly by expenses. According to Indeed, an independent truck driver’s gross pay averages $183,000 per year, but expenses can run over 70% percent. Thus the average owner operator pay drops to around $50,000-$60,000 take-home."

Anger? Get a life. I made a joke.

No you didn't. You're angry that working class people are making a mockery of the massive debt you incurred for a useless degree. And no, President Silver Alert isn't going to forgive it, he just told you that, and you're too fucking dumb to realize he was lying.

They apparently didn't work much, or also were horrible business people.

"How much an owner operator gets paid is affected greatly by expenses. According to Indeed, an independent truck driver’s gross pay averages $183,000 per year, but expenses can run over 70% percent. Thus the average owner operator pay drops to around $50,000-$60,000 take-home."

Your own link says that expenses can run over 70% percent. They had to replace an entire which put it above this even.

And for the hours they work even 50 to 60 grand is not near enough

Most people can't claim to have $30,000 left over at the end of every year to save, invest, or do whatever with. That's a pretty good cashflow situation.

Most people can't claim to have $30,000 left over at the end of every year to save, invest, or do whatever with. That's a pretty good cashflow situation.

That 30 grand is not what was left over. That is what their take home pay was after the paid all the expenses of operating a truck. it did not include things like food and clothing or anything else that is not truck related.

I doubt that. Do you have a link to the story you referred to?

I watched the interview. Will see if I can find it. But if you look at post number 69 you will see that independent truck driver’s expenses run 70% or more.

Your own link says that expenses can run over 70% percent. They had to replace an entire which put it above this even.

And for the hours they work even 50 to 60 grand is not near enough
My own link says they are making on average twice what your people are making.

What part of that don't you grasp?

and those expenses include fuel and maintanence on a truck they OWN....some folks like being self-employed and work the hours and jobs they want, not to mention owning their own rig.

and moreover that's average, some with more experience can make more....but $60K/year profit, is nothing to shake your head at. considering the median pay in the entire United States is $51K

It won’t matter we are in the “ Wheel barrel full of money” scene now. Reality hasn’t hit until eeeh maybe mid summer.

Absolutely right.

After 70 hours of [b[logged[/b] work, they can't drive, but they can keep working as long as they want. You need a refresher course. Most drivers, nor 'electronic logs', are going to log time sitting at docks or sleeping the cab waiting on a unload time as 'working hours'. OTR drivers are actually on duty 24 hours a day, and sleeping on the job, if you want to get technical about it.
Yes, nothing prevents a driver from working after 70 hours, and yes they can't drive after 70...but really, most drivers rarely hit their 70 hours in an 8 day week. It's why drivers can drive, pretty much, every day, without taking any time off. It's why they call it a rolling 8 day week, you get hours back each day.

However, when sitting at a dock, I think you can be off duty, as long as you have no part in loading or supervising the loading of the truck.

Last edited:
That 30 grand is not what was left over. That is what their take home pay was after the paid all the expenses of operating a truck. it did not include things like food and clothing or anything else that is not truck related.
yeah, do whatever they want with....
but again, your people apparently are either poor businessmen, or not working very hard, as the average is twice that.

Forum List

Back