CEOs now make 399 times more than the average worker....Leftists cry foul.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Setting an all-time record, chief executives in the U.S. earned 399 times more than the typical worker in 2021. CEO compensation spiked last year by an average of 11.1% over 2020.

A report from the Economic Policy Institute (EPI), a left-leaning think tank, found CEO pay was “exorbitant,” continuing a decades-long upward trend that has widened the income gap between the top 1% of the population and the bottom 90%.

Meh, if you want to be rich, learn how to make money. If you love cars, learn to be a mechanic. Have a useless college degree learn to be a barista.

That said....When you also figure that much of that "profit" is accounting for saving from off shoring, it gets even uglier.

It's a damn good thing I don't hate capitalism. ;)

Last edited:
Setting an all-time record, chief executives in the U.S. earned 399 times more than the typical worker in 2021. CEO compensation spiked last year by an average of 11.1% over 2020.

A report from the Economic Policy Institute (EPI), a left-leaning think tank, found CEO pay was “exorbitant,” continuing a decades-long upward trend that has widened the income gap between the top 1% of the population and the bottom 90%.

Meh, if you want to be rich, learn how to make money. If you love cars, learn to be a mechanic. Have a useless college degree learn to be a barista.

That said....When you also figure that much of that "profit" is accounting for saving from off shoring, it gets even uglier.

It's a damn good thing I don't hate capitalism. ;)

The median CEO in the US makes less than $190,000

"Capitalism is fundamentally anti-democratic. Yes, many of us live in electoral political systems. But when it comes to the system of production, not even the shallowest illusion of democracy is allowed to enter."

"Capitalism is fundamentally anti-democratic. Yes, many of us live in electoral political systems. But when it comes to the system of production, not even the shallowest illusion of democracy is allowed to enter."

Capitalism is fundamentally anti-democratic.

Not like communism, eh comrade?

Capitalism is fundamentally anti-democratic.

Not like communism, eh comrade?

Capitalism is, in theory, unfettered and totally democratic.

In practice, that isn't the case.

While I am a conservative, I do believe there needs to be a discussion about this.

I don't want to redistribute wealth, but the way things work, we are creating wealth for just a few.

I struggle with that.

While I am a conservative, I do believe there needs to be a discussion about this.

I don't want to redistribute wealth, but the way things work, we are creating wealth for just a few.

I struggle with that.

I can choose to buy the new Apple phone. Or a new Android phone. Or no new phone.
I vote with my dollars.

People are freely voting for Tesla and Amazon.
You can vote to own their shares. Millions do.

Forum List

Back