Voter ID hypocrisy

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Today is the last day to register to vote in Maryland. Checking registration requirements, you need to provide a drivers license number or social security number. If this information is required for registration, why do anti-voter ID crowds shit themselves at the notion of a voter producing a drivers license or Social Security card as a final step in authentication and verification on Election Day?

Simply, how is it not racist to ask for this information during registration yet becomes racist act on Election Day?

What is weird is it is reversed here in Missouri. You don't have to provide ID to register, only to vote..

Today is the last day to register to vote in Maryland. Checking registration requirements, you need to provide a drivers license number or social security number. If this information is required for registration, why do anti-voter ID crowds shit themselves at the notion of a voter producing a drivers license or Social Security card as a final step in authentication and verification on Election Day?

Simply, how is it not racist to ask for this information during registration yet becomes racist act on Election Day?

Don't know. I have no problem with ID requirements, but at the same time, the party that wants everybody to have to have ID to vote just about pooted a brick not so long ago when anybody mentioned having a national ID card. There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around in politics if you are looking for big picture constancy and the implications thereof.

In any case, I strongly believe non US Citizens should not vote; nor do I believe dead people should vote

In any case, I strongly believe non US Citizens should not vote; nor do I believe dead people should vote

Non-citizens don't bother me as much as dead people. If someone is permanent resident but not yet a citizen, I have no problem with them voting.

I didn't need any thing at all when I first registered to vote, eons ago.... though I was registering at the same time I was getting my permanent driver's license.....however, when I registered to vote up here a few years ago while getting my driver's license, they did require a birth certificate or marriage certificate, or passport or driver's license or SSAN card, or a workplace id, or a student id, and a number of other means of a combination of ID's...in order to get your driver's license and/ or register to vote, I believe???

But to answer your question....

Democrats in general do not have a problem with States requiring ID at the polls...

IT IS REQUIRING a GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID, that Democrats believe disenfranchises the elderly and the poorest among us....who do NOT all have a government issued photo id.

I have never lived and voted in a State that required any id at all at the polls to vote....in all my years of voting....even now, up in Maine, you can register to vote on election day, and cast a ballot...

But, in other States that have always required ID at the polls, they used to allow a workplace id, along with your own electric bill, to identify you as the person that is registered to vote, or your student ID as a means to identify yourself, or your paycheck stub with your name on it along with your SSAN card....

all of these were FINE in those states to identify yourself as the person who registered to vote.

BUT THIS NEW QUEST and GOAL of republicans is to disenfranchise these people who do not own a car and who do not have a gvt issued photo id...there is no other reason, for them NOT TO ACCEPT the ID'S that were always accepted as forms of id at the polls.

They are putting a hurdle, in front of a group of people who do not own and drive cars, while those who do drive cars, have no hurdle at all, to go and vote.

The vetting of who is a citizen.... and who is not a felon...and who is not dead... and yadahdahdahdah, should be done by the State, when the person is registering to vote, NOT at the polls.... when the State is updating their polling lists, NOT at the polls on election day.

Last edited:

Well, dunno. We need an ID for everything else... but voting.

Forum List

Back