Taylor Swift Instagram post prompts record-breaking voter registration

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
This is how you use your celebrity. She's going to end up getting hundreds of thousands of new, young voters registered by election day. I wonder who those legions of young voters will vote for, the guy who's trying to eliminate student debt or the guy who is going around bragging that he ended Roe v Wade? 🤔

An Instagram post from Taylor Swift prompted a record 35,252 new voters to register Tuesday, according to Vote.org.

The “Only the Young” singer participated in Tuesday’s National Voter Registration Day by urging her fans to make sure they were eligible to cast a ballot in the 2024 presidential election.

“I’ve heard you raise your voices, and I know how powerful they are,” Swift wrote, along with sharing a link to the nonprofit voter registration platform. “Make sure you’re ready to use them in our elections this year!”

Later that day, Vote.org communications director Nick Morrow reported just how much of an impact Swift had.

“Fun fact: After @taylorswift13 posted on Instagram today directing her followers to register to vote on @votedotorg, our site was averaging 13,000 users every 30 minutes. 13!” he wrote on social media. “Let’s just say her reputation for being a mastermind is very well-earned!”

This is how you use your celebrity. She's going to end up getting hundreds of thousands of new, young voters registered by election day. I wonder who those legions of young voters will vote for, the guy who's trying to eliminate student debt or the guy who is going around bragging that he ended Roe v Wade? 🤔

An Instagram post from Taylor Swift prompted a record 35,252 new voters to register Tuesday, according to Vote.org.

The “Only the Young” singer participated in Tuesday’s National Voter Registration Day by urging her fans to make sure they were eligible to cast a ballot in the 2024 presidential election.

“I’ve heard you raise your voices, and I know how powerful they are,” Swift wrote, along with sharing a link to the nonprofit voter registration platform. “Make sure you’re ready to use them in our elections this year!”

Later that day, Vote.org communications director Nick Morrow reported just how much of an impact Swift had.

“Fun fact: After @taylorswift13 posted on Instagram today directing her followers to register to vote on @votedotorg, our site was averaging 13,000 users every 30 minutes. 13!” he wrote on social media. “Let’s just say her reputation for being a mastermind is very well-earned!”
Wow.

I view the situation as, "You can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink".

On the Democrat side, I don't see how Taylor Swift (or any other celebrity) can whip up excitement to get out the vote.

^^^This is how the left regards women: receptacles who are only interested in aborting their out of wedlock babies, and are too dumb to make sound financial decisions.

Outstanding, effectively eliminating ALL new trump voters.
If you can show those voters registered afterTrump told them to like these Taylor Shitty fans then yes they should not vote. Voting for the guy you want to have a beer with or who looks better on TV has long been a stain on our country. We lost all hope when tough questions like Boxers or Briefs are asked.

We lost all hope when tough questions like Boxers or Briefs are asked.
Or just buy from Duluth Trading, and buy the Awesome Boxer Briefs.
Problem Solved.
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 10.05.42 AM.png

That is good news indeed. Nice to see a celebrity use their influence for good once in a while.

Forum List

Back