Volkswagen Drives Its New Electric Car Cross Country in ONLY 18 Days!

Drag race between 1972 Electric Datsun vs 400 HP Corvette.

Always the ghey response from the progressive.........the problem is, nobody wants EV's. Only 350,000 sold last year in the US. Thats 1/4 of the # of Ford sales of F150 trucks ONLY :cul2::cul2:

As always, progressives dont understand economics and worse, dont think they apply. Americans dont want these cars because 1) They look like ass 2) They are waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive than conventionally powered vehicles.

The sales numbers tell you all you need to know........1% growth every years over the past 5 years.:hello77:

when you say nobody you mean the people that dont want them and not the millions of people that do right??

statistically insignificant = nobody :2up:

you leftist are all alike,, your world is all that matters,,, fuck everyone else,,

I only come in here to dish out butt-hurt to the hopelessly duped = presenting facts. Sorry they dont conform with some peoples idealistic visions. I cant help you.

People are free to go out and buy EV's if they like. Nobody is stopping them. But most of the climate crusaders dont understand that EV's are generally purchased by the well to do........d0y. Because they are too fcuking expensive :bye1: :bye1: . Fact. And they dont do dick about emissions. :bye1::bye1:. Fact.

Progressives can stay miserable for all I care.......not my fault. Delusions are ghey.

Not anywhere NEAR 1 million people buy EV's in America. Ford sells 5X the amount of trucks ALONE! I mean........c'mon now.........who cant laugh their balls off about that?:fu:

its all about context,, and yes a lot of people couldnt use an EV,, but there are a large amount of people that could benefit from them once the prices start to come down just like all new tech does,,,

the smart one will put up a 1000 dollar solar system and charge them for free,,

but you feel free to act like a leftist and condemn anyone that doesnt see the world your way,,

We will be very happy indeed one day to have 500 kg, 30 kw., renewably powered personal vehicles.

Always the ghey response from the progressive.........the problem is, nobody wants EV's. Only 350,000 sold last year in the US. Thats 1/4 of the # of Ford sales of F150 trucks ONLY :cul2::cul2:

As always, progressives dont understand economics and worse, dont think they apply. Americans dont want these cars because 1) They look like ass 2) They are waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive than conventionally powered vehicles.

The sales numbers tell you all you need to know........1% growth every years over the past 5 years.:hello77:

when you say nobody you mean the people that dont want them and not the millions of people that do right??

you leftist are all alike,, your world is all that matters,,, fuck everyone else,,

I only come in here to dish out butt-hurt to the hopelessly duped = presenting facts. Sorry they dont conform with some peoples idealistic visions. I cant help you.

People are free to go out and buy EV's if they like. Nobody is stopping them. But most of the climate crusaders dont understand that EV's are generally purchased by the well to do........d0y. Because they are too fcuking expensive :bye1: :bye1: . Fact. And they dont do dick about emissions. :bye1::bye1:. Fact.

Progressives can stay miserable for all I care.......not my fault. Delusions are ghey.

Not anywhere NEAR 1 million people buy EV's in America. Ford sells 5X the amount of trucks ALONE! I mean........c'mon now.........who cant laugh their balls off about that?:fu:

its all about context,, and yes a lot of people couldnt use an EV,, but there are a large amount of people that could benefit from them once the prices start to come down just like all new tech does,,,

but you feel free to act like a leftist and condemn anyone that doesnt see the world your way,,

lol.....dont condemn anybody.....but I sure do like to make fun of the mental cases!

lol.....dont condemn anybody.....but I sure do like to make fun of the mental cases!

so youre here making fun of yourself,,

If the vehicle weighed closer to what a beetle did and had about the same power, about 20 square meters of solar panels would give a day's electricity in about six hours. It could be charged virtually anywhere.

The puny beetle engine tended to burn up, now you think adding a bunch of solar panel weight isn't going to make it worst?

Too bad the little Datsun can't go more than a few miles before it needs to be recharged. The Corvette on the other hand had plenty of gas to drive back home.

Last edited:

Too bad the little Datsun can't go more than a few miles before it needs to be recharged.

ummm.....It was a Drag Race
Quarter mile

1618863842281.gif

Yea.....It may be fast, but it will run out of gas in a few miles

Electric cars are the future. All your bitching and moaning will not stop the inevitable.
I'm ready for one. Teslas are looking really nice right about now.

VW is entering the fray and their first electronic capable cars are selling out, before hitting the store. I checked.

Pony Express went from Missouri to California in 10 days.

On horse.

And Volkswagen is all giddy about their accomplishment.

Don't worry, Joe Biden's super trains are going to do it in three hours.

LOL

No money in that stuff. But capitalism always works. Electric cars that can travel long distances will sell so you'll see that ramp up. Look at smart phones and how much they have advanced and continue to improve.

My daughter has been out to my place on OR Coast from Boise this past week. They now have a Tesla dealership and they let her use a demo in Idaho for 24 hours. She was jacked and I see the new ones will do over 350 miles on a single charge.

We both want one so will go look when I'm over there for medical crap early June. We may both buy one. Tax breaks BayBee - Can definitely use the ones they're offering now both state (Oregon at least) and Fed.

No money in that stuff. But capitalism always works. Electric cars that can travel long distances will sell so you'll see that ramp up. Look at smart phones and how much they have advanced and continue to improve.

My daughter has been out to my place on OR Coast from Boise this past week. They now have a Tesla dealership and they let her use a demo in Idaho for 24 hours. She was jacked and I see the new ones will do over 350 miles on a single charge.

We both want one so will go look when I'm over there for medical crap early June. We may both buy one. Tax breaks BayBee - Can definitely use the ones they're offering now both state (Oregon at least) and Fed.
I d wait a few more years but yes, sooner than later these cars will become mainstream. Reason I say wait is that there isn’t enough expertise out there for when they break down.

It's estimated that about 6 days of 8 hour driving in an ordinary car from coast to coast. VW didn't specify how many support vehicles and spare parts it took.

Italian Favaloro ebike has about 124 mile range. Having a second battery weighs it down, though doubles the range. Solar panels don’t weigh very much.

The point of this thread was that besides the world's scientists, its leaders, our intelligence agencies and our military, our nation's banks and businesses also accept AGW as real and a real threat. Deniers are getting lonelier and lonelier and lonelier and... well, few and far between. Further out in the fringe. If I was a denier, I think I'd be thinking about rethinking my position on a few things. Ya know?

Forum List

Back