JP Morgan commits to spend $2.5 Trillion in the next decade fighting global warming.

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
They must be hooked in to all those green companies. But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy. How can JP Morgan do well if the economy is destroyed. Why aren't they rejecting this whole global warming thing like the rest of you skeptics? They must have consulted experts out the wazoo. Didn't the experts tell them it was all a left wing lie? I don't get it. But I'm sure some of you will explain it to me.

"JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is putting serious firepower behind the fight against climate change. The bank on Thursday said it would finance or facilitate investments of $2.5 trillion over 10 years to support initiatives that focus on combating climate change and enhancing sustainable development. Some of the efforts will center around renewable energy, new clean technology, waste management and conservation. The announcement is the latest addition to a long list of environment-focused pledges from financial institutions, but it's believed to be the largest of its kind by a major bank."

We should do all we reasonable can to clean up our messes. JPM in the past have financed many companies that have created these messes and it seems appropriate that they now help clean them up.

They must be hooked in to all those green companies. But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy. How can JP Morgan do well if the economy is destroyed. Why aren't they rejecting this whole global warming thing like the rest of you skeptics? They must have consulted experts out the wazoo. Didn't the experts tell them it was all a left wing lie? I don't get it. But I'm sure some of you will explain it to me.

"JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is putting serious firepower behind the fight against climate change. The bank on Thursday said it would finance or facilitate investments of $2.5 trillion over 10 years to support initiatives that focus on combating climate change and enhancing sustainable development. Some of the efforts will center around renewable energy, new clean technology, waste management and conservation. The announcement is the latest addition to a long list of environment-focused pledges from financial institutions, but it's believed to be the largest of its kind by a major bank."

JP Morgan commits to spend $2.5 Trillion

Lend, not spend.

But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy.

Nah, wasting money on more expensive, less reliable energy won't destroy the economy.
It's just a waste.

Note the source is CNN ...
EXCERPT:
Chester on CNN’s plans to use “fear” to promote the network’s agenda on climate:

• “I think there’s a COVID fatigue. So, like whenever a new story comes up, they’re [CNN’s] going to latch onto it. They’ve already announced in our office that once the public is — will be open to it — we’re going to start focusing mainly on climate.”
  • “I have a feeling that it’s going to be like, constantly showing videos of decline in ice, and weather warming up, and like the effects it’s having on the economy—”
  • Climate change is the next “pandemic-like story that we’ll beat to death, but that one’s got longevity. You know what I mean? Like there’s a definitive ending to the pandemic. It’ll taper off to a point that it’s not a problem anymore. Climate change can take years, so they’ll [CNN will] probably be able to milk that quite a bit.”
  • “Be prepared, it’s coming. Climate change is going to be the next COVID thing for CNN.”
  • When asked if CNN was going to use “fear” to push their agenda, Chester said, “Yeah. Fear sells.”
Chester on CNN reporters allegedly manipulating interview subjects into saying what the reporters want them to say:

humans can't control the weather/climate/etc

We can affect it. All we had to do was add about 2,600,000,000,000 tons of CO2 to the atmosphere over the last 260 years. Our current rate is over 43 billion tons/year and accelerating.
Versus how many tons total of the whole atmosphere.
(Or percentage of the whole atmosphere.)

Meanwhile, basic Life Sciences - 99+% of biomass/living things on this planet are Flora and they need CO2. Why are you against Life and want to destroy this planet's biomass/lifeforms ???

As usual, major distortion and misinformation typical of the political agenda of you pro-ACC/AGW advocates, whom don't personally practice what you preach. Hypocrites.

The plant life on this planet did just fine with the 280 PPM they had since before the appearance of homo sapiens up to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. The portion of the CO2 put there by humans is the difference between the 280 ppm pre-industrial value and the 420 ppm we have now. (420-280)/280 = 1.5, so we have made a 50% increase in the amount of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere. Pretty impressive considering (off the top of my head) that probably 90% of that was put there in the last 50 years

Lend, not spend.

But, so many of you have said that spending trillions fighting AGW would destroy the US economy.

Nah, wasting money on more expensive, less reliable energy won't destroy the economy.
It's just a waste.
Lending it? Or creating debt out of thin air and banking the interest?

They don't care if it loses money. Privatized profits and socialized losses.

The plant life on this planet did just fine with the 280 PPM they had since before the appearance of homo sapiens up to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. The portion of the CO2 put there by humans is the difference between the 280 ppm pre-industrial value and the 420 ppm we have now. (420-280)/280 = 1.5, so we have made a 50% increase in the amount of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere. Pretty impressive considering (off the top of my head) that probably 90% of that was put there in the last 50 years
You do realize that 280 ppm is the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere glaciation, right?

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

Lend, not spend.

It's just a waste.

Remind me never to hire you as a financial consultant.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

Lend, not spend.

It's just a waste.

Remind me never to hire you as a financial consultant.
So it's your belief that they have $2.5 T in reserve to loan out?

As usual, major distortion and misinformation typical of the political agenda of you pro-ACC/AGW advocates, whom don't personally practice what you preach. Hypocrites.

And how would you have the faintest idea what I practice?

And how would you have the faintest idea what I practice?

You claim to be an engineer, but no evidence you are one in the way you write your posts and how you reply others.

You are long known to be dishonest person, avoiding questions, refuse to post links and ignore a lot of published papers.

humans can't control the weather/climate/etc

We can affect it. All we had to do was add about 2,600,000,000,000 tons of CO2 to the atmosphere over the last 260 years. Our current rate is over 43 billion tons/year and accelerating.
Versus how many tons total of the whole atmosphere.
(Or percentage of the whole atmosphere.)

Meanwhile, basic Life Sciences - 99+% of biomass/living things on this planet are Flora and they need CO2. Why are you against Life and want to destroy this planet's biomass/lifeforms ???

Here's an easier question: what does ACC - as in "pro-ACC/AGW advocates" - stand for?

Another misleading claim since they do a lot better with 440 ppm than at 280ppm, the GREEING of the Earth and shrinking deserts are prime example.

NASA

Apr 26, 2016

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

Excerpt:

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

LINK

======

It wasn't greening in 1880, but it is now.

You going to ignore the paper?

:abgg2q.jpg:

Lend, not spend.

It's just a waste.

Lending it?

Yes.

They don't care if it loses money.

Baloney.

Privatized profits and socialized losses.

How does that work?

New Topics

Forum List

Back