Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died

The child wasn't fed for a whole week, read the article. And before that he was probably not given enough calories and not enough variety, because the parents appear to be crazy, and obviously neglectful. There are TONS of plantbased eaters who raise their kids on an entirely plantbased diet and their kids are healthy and happy.

I get the feeling most of you who are so hateful toward veganism are old folks who are sincerely uninformed and unaware.... in other words, you need to get out more. :lol:

No, it's politics. Those who are Vegan's get swept into the "Liberal" section and deserve scorn whether it's factual or not. Unfortunately that is the way many work today.

The child wasn't fed for a whole week, read the article. And before that he was probably not given enough calories and not enough variety, because the parents appear to be crazy, and obviously neglectful. There are TONS of plantbased eaters who raise their kids on an entirely plantbased diet and their kids are healthy and happy.

I get the feeling most of you who are so hateful toward veganism are old folks who are sincerely uninformed and unaware.... in other words, you need to get out more. :lol:
That is true in fact, some kids are fed plant based formula. I think you are correct, those parents were probably crazy.

However, nothing has as many nutrients contained within it as ruminant meat and showed the vast amounts of vitamins and minerals contained in it.
True, but the human body can't deal with these on THAT level. You can actually overdose on several vitamins from eating organ meat. It's just not necessary, and can do real damage to the human body

Just admit you ran with an article pushing a LIE as a means of attacking people who made a personal choice that irks you for some reason

You shouldn't speak about 5hings you are so ignorant.

I'm not a "perfect" vegan. It's a process. It's based on a principle of not bringing SUFFERING to God's creation while I'm here on earth. God will NEVER condemn those who respect His Creation. You, on the other hand are comfortable CONDEMNING what you don't WANT to understand because "the heart is evil above all things, desperately wicked. Who can know it."--God

Everybody going vegan or vegetarian always goes through these steps.
1. Sentient mamals. They are the SAME as human beings as far as the range of emotions and even THOUGHT. These are the first creatures we stop eating.

2. Birds.. I always said these creatures were "stupid enough to eat." Like so many of you think about the unborn baby,, you convince yourself they don't feel pain. They don't feel fear, terror or pain before they're killed. It's easy for the evil human heart to lie to itself to justify what you're comfortable with. But then some of us discover how humans treat them, and repent before God. So now birds are off my food list.

3. Fish. This was my last stop.

Nobody condemns John the Baptist for eating insects. He lived in the wilderness. He was a man of his time. I still kill fleas, and ticks, although I generally try to PUT ALL INSECTS IN MY HOUSE, OUTSIDE. Will GOD condemn me for respecting His creation? You will, but your opinion means nothing.

Of course you won't care, but if a RATIONAL person witnessed the brutality of our treatment of animals, the RATIONAL and DECENT person wouldn't eat that.

As far as the prodigal son, Jesus was telling a story to make a point, in a way the average person could relate to.

The Bible describes MANY historical events. Do you think because an EVENT is mentioned in the Bible, that means it has God's approval?

Thats absurd beyond words 😄

A d did e eryone notice the originator of this thread CONTINUES TO USE IT AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BASH VEGANS even though it's been pointed out MANY TIMES that the real truth is these kids were STARVED to death?

But, hey, he's got a LIE to run with.

When you kill a plant, it screams. You just can't hear it. So it doesn't bother you. ALL life suffers when it is killed, you just choose to ignore the plants screams because it suits you.

Far better is to acknowledge that man is here to use the resources that mother nature provides. Just not to ABUSE them.

I use what we plant and grow, and what I hunt. I kill cleanly, so there is no suffering. As it should be.

That is true in fact, some kids are fed plant based formula. I think you are correct, those parents were probably crazy.
It is not wise and not recommended for toddlers to be fed RAW vegetables.

Of course, like I said, I'm not dissing vegans at all. They choose not to eat meat and that is their right.
Vegans are different from vegetarians. You realize this right? Do you know or understand the difference?

It is not wise and not recommended for toddlers to be fed RAW vegetables.
Plant based formula such as Enfamil is not raw vegetables. That being said, babies are designed to drink human milk. I lieu of that, cow's mild does suffice but some babies may have digestive problems with it so, products like Enfamil are available. Those plant based formulas offer better nutrition however, it just lessons things like colic, etc. in SOME babies.

Vegans are different from vegetarians. You realize this right? Do you know or understand the difference?
WTF? Of course!! When did is say there is no difference? Do you just like to argue or something?

Plant based formula such as Enfamil is not raw vegetables. That being said, babies are designed to drink human milk. I lieu of that, cow's mild does suffice but some babies may have digestive problems with it so, products like Enfamil are available. Those plant based formulas offer better nutrition however, it just lessons things like colic, etc. in SOME babies.
That's fine. Never said it wasn't. A toddler shouldn't eat RAW VEGETABLES as I showed clearly by pediatricians.

It isn't that it was VEGETABLES. It's that these pathetic arrogant morons (vegans already tells what they are) ignored all signs. The baby crying like that is like a gigantic freaking a bullhorn being shouted in their ears.

But...

Their typical idiotic arrogant vegan know it all way showed clearly that they were nothing but exactly that and they were charged accordingly.

It wasn't that it was vegetables. It's that these pathetic idiotic vegans didn't listen to the loud cries, common sense and everything else to loud damn cries from a baby.

We are communicating with baby mutilating losers. Do you or do you not understand the distinction here? While these morons drone on and on how we are not fit to eat freaking meat!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!

A. God's intent from the start, His perfect will for all creation, which is peace and harmony, no flesh eating. Loving and respecting animals rather than exploiting them and having indifference or callousness for them.

Luke 16 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, Jesus gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people.
17 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Fishing is wonderful sport. Fish are great to eat! Jesus multiplied them for thousands of followers. Your extremism is selfish and unjustified.
You're like the priests beating their chests in church, giving thanks that they were not like THOSE people.

Luke 16 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, Jesus gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people.
17 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Fishing is wonderful sport. Fish are great to eat! Jesus multiplied them for thousands of followers. Your extremism is selfish and unjustified.
You're like the priests beating their chests in church, giving thanks that they were not like THOSE people.

There's no need for size 7 bold font.

I will reply to your post, but first reply to mine. Even though it was to someone else, if you're going to jump in to reply, then at least address what was said and answer the question. So you don't have to go back and search for it, I'll make it easy for you, here it is.

buttercup why do you disagree?

I just disagree that eggs are as healthy as people think they are. As a matter of fact, for a number of reasons, the egg industry cannot legally call eggs nutritious, and they also can't say they are safe.

Here's a video on it, if you want to watch it:

But since you asked, the problem I have with eggs is the horrible practices in the egg industry.

A lot of people don't know that in hatcheries, because the male chicks are useless to the egg industry, they are killed en masse, not long after they're born.

They are either literally grinded up alive, or put into big bags and suffocated. And this is standard practice, all over the world.

First they separate the males from the females....

Then they kill the baby male chicks, as if they were garbage.

So this is what you're supporting when you eat eggs:

Last edited:
Look at the string of conversation you injected yourself into. We were specifically talking about how humans beings started, and Theowl (and others) claimed that humans started as meat-eaters, omnivores.

THAT is why I replied with Genesis 1:29, because from a biblical perspective it is undeniable that in the Garden of Eden, before the fall of man, there was no death, no killing, no flesh eating. THAT was how God designed us, to be plant-based eaters, not for humans and animals to be at each other's throats (would a God of love do that? Use your noodle.)

So everything you posted was irrelevant to the discussion we were having.

God's ideal vision and His intent for creation is clear, we can see that in the beginning, as well as in the prophetic scriptures about the future.

So let's re-cap.

Genesis 1:29 (for humans)​
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.”​

Genesis 1:30 (for animals)​
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.​

Now let's look at the future, this is what GOD wants, and what God will restore, whether you like it or not! :)
The wolf will live with the lamb,​
the leopard will lie down with the goat,​
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;​
and a little child will lead them.​
The cow will feed with the bear,​
their young will lie down together,​
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.​
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,​
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.​
They will neither harm nor destroy​
on all my holy mountain,​
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord​
as the waters cover the sea.​

Isaiah 11:6-9​

Now, I don't know if you're a Christian, but here's a question for any bible-believing Christians here. Please answer this question with either A or B.

What should Christians aim for, if they are sincere in wanting to honor God, and obey His teachings, like be merciful, do to others what you would have them do to you, and do all things in love?

A. God's intent from the start, His perfect will for all creation, which is peace and harmony, no flesh eating. Loving and respecting animals rather than exploiting them and having indifference or callousness for them.

or

B. The selfish predatory ways of this fallen world, which is not what God wants, but has permitted for a time, due to the hardness of our hearts?

For Christians, which one would honor God more, A or B?

Here is exactly what the Bible says about this, Romans 14:1-4

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

To put a finer point on it, from Romans 14, it is not for you to judge what God will honor more. We are each convicted according to our own conscience. You are free to do what you feel is best, and so should I be.

Cause 99% of them are hypocrites. All of them are ignorant, self righteous blabber mouths who as in the op article do harmful things to kids.

Read how it is NOT RECOMMENDED by any reputable dietician to feed little toddlers raw vegetables.

There's a reason why.
So this one woman represents ALL vegans huh?

That's idiotic

Know enough to know most vegans wear something from animals. Either in belts or shoes and or other things. Also dont care one single solitary crap how many different animals are killed to plow fields in order to mass produce soybeans for you to get mass supplies of tofu to supplement for lack of meat Mrs vegan.

Since our omnivore digestive system is different than herbivores, you would need to extract the various vitamins supplementally.

Want the list of animals obliterated to plow fields to keep up with the ever growing demand of soybeans Mrs vegan?

Do you care? Oh you don't?
Not true

There are many places a person can buy clothes, shoes, and anything else that are not made from animals.

FYI 80% of all soybean production is used for livestock feed not human consumption

Forum List

Back