Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died

You can't treat babies and children like adults. Babies need to be fat well fed little Butterballs so they can develop properly.

I fucking can't stand parents that abuse babies and children by pushing their social or political ideals on them. Whether it be physical (as in this case), or psychological or sexual babies and kids are not adults they need to be raised and treated as what they are which is babies and children.

Obviously she didn't love the child or even know anything about them because babies need a lot of protein and nutrients as they burn through that stuff really fast as their bodies and brains develop. I hope she rots in prison.

You can't treat babies and children like adults. Babies need to be fat well fed little Butterballs so they can develop properly.

I fucking can't stand parents that abuse babies and children by pushing their social or political ideals on them. Whether it be physical (as in this case), or psychological or sexual babies and kids are not adults they need to be raised and treated as what they are which is babies and children.

Obviously she didn't love the child or even know anything about them because babies need a lot of protein and nutrients as they burn through that stuff really fast as their bodies and brains develop. I hope she rots in prison.
It's a simple matter of calories.

The fact is any diet even a plant based one will provide adequate nutrition is enough calories are consumed

Here is exactly what the Bible says about this, Romans 14:1-4

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

To put a finer point on it, from Romans 14, it is not for you to judge what God will honor more. We are each convicted according to our own conscience. You are free to do what you feel is best, and so should I be.

Holier Than Thou, Buttercup, just had her vegan ass handed to her by SweetSue.

I just disagree that eggs are as healthy as people think they are. As a matter of fact, for a number of reasons, the egg industry cannot legally call eggs nutritious, and they also can't say they are safe.

Here's a video on it, if you want to watch it:

But since you asked, the problem I have with eggs is the horrible practices in the egg industry.

A lot of people don't know that in hatcheries, because the male chicks are useless to the egg industry, they are killed en masse, not long after they're born.

They are either literally grinded up alive, or put into big bags and suffocated. And this is standard practice, all over the world.

First they separate the males from the females....

Then they kill the baby male chicks, as if they were garbage.

So this is what you're supporting when you eat eggs:

Actually depends where you get the eggs from, right? I don’t agree with the practices of factory farming, but that doesn’t alter the fact that eggs in and of themselves are considered the most complete nutritionally.

The fact is any diet even a plant based one will provide adequate nutrition is enough calories are consumed
Enough bioavailable calories. And with babies, their immature GI tracts can’t handle a good many foods.

I just disagree that eggs are as healthy as people think they are. As a matter of fact, for a number of reasons, the egg industry cannot legally call eggs nutritious, and they also can't say they are safe.

Here's a video on it, if you want to watch it:

But since you asked, the problem I have with eggs is the horrible practices in the egg industry.

A lot of people don't know that in hatcheries, because the male chicks are useless to the egg industry, they are killed en masse, not long after they're born.

They are either literally grinded up alive, or put into big bags and suffocated. And this is standard practice, all over the world.

First they separate the males from the females....

Then they kill the baby male chicks, as if they were garbage.

So this is what you're supporting when you eat eggs:

:cuckoo:

There is much, much, much more to human nutrition than mere calories.

If what you say was true, then we could survive just fine by eating nothing but pure, refined sugar. That's calories in the form which the human body is most efficient at using.

Here is exactly what the Bible says about this, Romans 14:1-4

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

To put a finer point on it, from Romans 14, it is not for you to judge what God will honor more. We are each convicted according to our own conscience. You are free to do what you feel is best, and so should I be.

Whenever the topic of veganism comes up with fellow bible-believing Christians, there are certain scriptures that are always pointed to, and that Romans passage is one of the most popular ones.

However, as you know, when it comes to the Bible, context is very important, and it’s also important to look at the Bible as whole. So instead of shutting down discussion, let’s take a closer look…

The context of that Romans passage is Paul addressing a division among believers, on whether or not eating food that may have been offered to idols constitutes idolatry.

There were two groups, one that wanted to exercise more caution and abstain from eating food that may have been sacrificed to idols… and a second group who exercised less caution, and felt that if they didn't know whether the food had been sacrificed to idols, it was OK to eat it. Only if they knew for sure it had been sacrificed to idols, they would not eat it.

Paul was attempting to keep believers from being divided over this issue. When he admonished both groups, he was specifically speaking about those differing positions in regard to abstaining from foods of unknown origin.

I respectfully disagree that the Romans passage can be used to say “We are allowed to eat whatever we want, and no one can ever say anything about it!!!”

Actually, it’s not quite that simple. In response to the first claim, there are still certain commands regarding food that are clear and in effect today.

For example, not eating blood or flesh that has blood in it. (Genesis 9:4, Acts 15:29, etc.)

As for the second claim, about judging… as you know, nonbelievers often point to scriptures against judging as a catchall against us speaking on any controversial moral topics, such as homosexuality, etc.

So as I’m sure you’d agree, it’s important to differentiate between the type of judging Christians are told not to do (which is more like condemning, e.g Luke 6:37, also judging hypocritically, e.g Matthew 7:1-5), and the type that Christians are not only allowed to do, but told to do, judging with right judgement / discernment. (John 7:24, Proverbs 31:9, etc.)

There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth, even on controversial issues, as long as it is done in love, and not from a hypocritical standpoint.

In fact, I believe that the church needs exhortation and Christians who are willing to speak on uncomfortable issues. Again, as long as it is done in a respectful way, in love, as opposed to pointing the finger and pronouncing condemnation on others, or judging things that only God can judge (the motives of a person’s heart.)

I don't think any of the Christian vegans on this thread, myself included, have said that eating meat is a sin. However, there are a number of things associated with meat eating that are sins, and the Bible clearly states that if we are doing things that cause ourselves or others to stumble, then we should not do that thing.

The Bible is clear that cruelty to animals is a sin, it is against God's will. So when Christians support cruel industries, it is not wrong for other Christians to speak the truth on that, not in condemnation of the person doing it (most of the time the person doesn't even realize what they are supporting) but simply to share the truth and exhort others toward being merciful and doing all things in love.

So sharing information, asking questions that provoke thought, and exhorting people toward mercy, love and compassion is not “judging” in the wrong way, it is doing what the Bible says we should be doing.

I used to be on the other side of this issue, and I too would argue with vegans, I even said that I would never ever go vegan or vegetarian, because I loved eating meat too much. But as I mentioned earlier on the thread, I am very glad that someone showed me the reality I had previously turned my eyes away from, because if they hadn’t, I would still be supporting things that the Bible clearly speaks against. And frankly I believe it hinders our spiritual growth when we do things (even unknowingly) that go against God’s perfect will and when we have an attitude of never wanting to change.

So I’m forever thankful for those who planted seeds and shared truths with me that eventually led to my change of mind on this issue. And just about every vegan I know has said the same thing…. their only regret is not doing it sooner.

Whenever the topic of veganism comes up with fellow bible-believing Christians, there are certain scriptures that are always pointed to, and that Romans passage is one of the most popular ones.

However, as you know, when it comes to the Bible, context is very important, and it’s also important to look at the Bible as whole. So instead of shutting down discussion, let’s take a closer look…

The context of that Romans passage is Paul addressing a division among believers, on whether or not eating food that may have been offered to idols constitutes idolatry.

There were two groups, one that wanted to exercise more caution and abstain from eating food that may have been sacrificed to idols… and a second group who exercised less caution, and felt that if they didn't know whether the food had been sacrificed to idols, it was OK to eat it. Only if they knew for sure it had been sacrificed to idols, they would not eat it.

Paul was attempting to keep believers from being divided over this issue. When he admonished both groups, he was specifically speaking about those differing positions in regard to abstaining from foods of unknown origin.

I respectfully disagree that the Romans passage can be used to say “We are allowed to eat whatever we want, and no one can ever say anything about it!!!”

Actually, it’s not quite that simple. In response to the first claim, there are still certain commands regarding food that are clear and in effect today.

For example, not eating blood or flesh that has blood in it. (Genesis 9:4, Acts 15:29, etc.)

As for the second claim, about judging… as you know, nonbelievers often point to scriptures against judging as a catchall against us speaking on any controversial moral topics, such as homosexuality, etc.

So as I’m sure you’d agree, it’s important to differentiate between the type of judging Christians are told not to do (which is more like condemning, e.g Luke 6:37, also judging hypocritically, e.g Matthew 7:1-5), and the type that Christians are not only allowed to do, but told to do, judging with right judgement / discernment. (John 7:24, Proverbs 31:9, etc.)

There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth, even on controversial issues, as long as it is done in love, and not from a hypocritical standpoint.

In fact, I believe that the church needs exhortation and Christians who are willing to speak on uncomfortable issues. Again, as long as it is done in a respectful way, in love, as opposed to pointing the finger and pronouncing condemnation on others, or judging things that only God can judge (the motives of a person’s heart.)

I don't think any of the Christian vegans on this thread, myself included, have said that eating meat is a sin. However, there are a number of things associated with meat eating that are sins, and the Bible clearly states that if we are doing things that cause ourselves or others to stumble, then we should not do that thing.

The Bible is clear that cruelty to animals is a sin, it is against God's will. So when Christians support cruel industries, it is not wrong for other Christians to speak the truth on that, not in condemnation of the person doing it (most of the time the person doesn't even realize what they are supporting) but simply to share the truth and exhort others toward being merciful and doing all things in love.

So sharing information, asking questions that provoke thought, and exhorting people toward mercy, love and compassion is not “judging” in the wrong way, it is doing what the Bible says we should be doing.

I used to be on the other side of this issue, and I too would argue with vegans, I even said that I would never ever go vegan or vegetarian, because I loved eating meat too much. But as I mentioned earlier on the thread, I am very glad that someone showed me the reality I had previously turned my eyes away from, because if they hadn’t, I would still be supporting things that the Bible clearly speaks against. And frankly I believe it hinders our spiritual growth when we do things (even unknowingly) that go against God’s perfect will and when we have an attitude of never wanting to change.

So I’m forever thankful for those who planted seeds and shared truths with me that eventually led to my change of mind on this issue. And just about every vegan I know has said the same thing…. their only regret is not doing it sooner.
You are 100% spot on!

It's sad that so many professing Christians are perfectly comfortable with what we do to "the least of God's little ones." Yes I know the main intent of that Scripture, but in principle it applies to all of God's innocent creation. There is ZERO right to inflict suffering and pain on any innocent creature.

What they do is in ignorance and stubbornness, but once revealed, a TRUE Christian will do as the noble Bereans did. It's time for Christians FIRST to WAKE UP

Last edited:
OK, I respect your veganism. Some studies show that plants are sentient as well and can feel pain. Apparently God intended living things to eat other living things otherwise there would be no herbivores, omnivores or carnivores. Every living thing is being consumed by other living things even us humans. We are attacked daily by germs, viruses, insects, parasites, etc. all intent on living off us in some way. Most of us are strong enough to fight them off but, in the end, we will be consumed by them and die when our bodies can no longer shield us. Reality sucks sometimes.
Plants cannot feel pain they don't have a nervous system. They might respond to some stimuli because they are living things but they don't feel pain. As far as the rest goes, living things eating other living things including humans with viruses etc. Yes, a result of sin, which the definition of is anything that separates us from God. The Bible defines God as love, and defines what love is in 1 Corinthians chapter 13. The Bible also tells us that anything that does not line up with the character of God is not from him, but from the evil one, or satanic in nature, from God's enemy. God says the devil was sinning from the beginning, and is a liar and a thief. Elsewhere in Scripture we hear God say an enemy has done this. When mankind sinned he submitted himself under this power and now we find ourselves in a position of having to resist sinfulness or separation from God, we become subject to death and disease, and other processes that apply as the human body dies throughout its lifetime, having to resist temptations, our character takes on more of a reflection of a satanic reign
Here is an article on the subject:

"Although no plant has a central nervous system, some researchers are exploring the field of neurobiology in botany. The International Laboratory of Plant Neurobiology (LINV) in Florence, Italy argues that having a brain should not be a prerequisite for intelligence. “We firmly think that all the behaviors observed in plants, which look very much like learning, memory, decision-making, and intelligence observed in animals, deserve to be called by those same terms,” the LINV website reads."

And again, I'm not trying to debunk eating veggies, in fact, some plants put out fruits that are meant to be consumed so that the seeds therein can be distributed and grow new plants. They are sacrificing part of their life energy and part of their structures to other species. Some plants need to die before we consume them, others produce sacrificial parts of themselves.
A Divine design, and intelligent design, by a mutual Creator.
There has been more research on forests, and the underground activity of trees communicating with one another. All of what God has created should have us in awe! In wonderment! But mankind is too busy thinking of himself and using what God has made for his own purposes. Sad and unfortunate. But plant life has no nervous system, so there would not be any pain receptors. But intelligent design, and communication between plants and trees, and other phenomenon that is being discovered that plants can do? Absolutely! Because like God who created this earth and all that is in it is magnificent, and he designed a creation that was supposed to all work together in harmony. And plant life, and the fruit thereof, was designed by the same God to be consumed by humans and animals alike, as we see in Genesis 1:29 and 30. So this is the kind of life we are supposed to consume, it gives life back to us, our bodies thrive on plants and the right combination of them for nutrition
In order for life to live, everything that lives must die.
Only because sin entered the world for the first humans. We weren't meant to die. God creates life and life more abundantly. The enemy is the destroyer, satan, the liar, the destroyer, and the cheat from the beginning. But man is still culpable because he made a choice. And we still have a choice to make, do we follow the dictates of our own wills and consciences subjected in our flesh to satanic influence, the powers and principalities that work in this world; or do we submit to a loving God and find freedom from sin, sanctification, redemption from corruption, one day living life eternally with him forever.

Last edited:
You are 100% spot on!

It's sad that so many professing Christians are perfectly comfortable with what we do to "the least of God's little ones." Yes I know the main intent of that Scripture, but in principle it applies to all of God's innocent creation. There is ZERO right to inflict suffering and pain on any innocent creature.

What they do is in ignorance and stubbornness, but once revealed, a TRUE Christian will do as the noble Bereans did. It's time for Christians FIRST to WAKE UP
Agree 100% with you as well as with Buttercup!

Plants cannot feel pain they don't have a nervous system. They might respond to some stimuli because they are living things but they don't feel pain. As far as the rest goes, living things eating other living things including humans with viruses etc. Yes, a result of sin, which the definition of is anything that separates us from God. The Bible defines God as love, and defines what love is in 1 Corinthians chapter 13. The Bible also tells us that anything that does not line up with the character of God is not from him, but from the evil one, or satanic in nature, from God's enemy. God says the devil was sinning from the beginning, and is a liar and a thief. Elsewhere in Scripture we hear God say an enemy has done this. When mankind sinned he submitted himself under this power and now we find ourselves in a position of having to resist sinfulness or separation from God, we become subject to death and disease, and other processes that apply as the human body dies throughout its lifetime, having to resist temptations, our character takes on more of a reflection of a satanic reign

A Divine design, and intelligent design, by a mutual Creator.
There has been more research on forests, and the underground activity of trees communicating with one another. All of what God has created should have us in awe! In wonderment! But mankind is too busy thinking of himself and using what God has made for his own purposes. Sad and unfortunate. But plant life has no nervous system, so there would not be any pain receptors. But intelligent design, and communication between plants and trees, and other phenomenon that is being discovered that plants can do? Absolutely! Because like God who created this earth and all that is in it is magnificent, and he designed a creation that was supposed to all work together in harmony. And plant life, and the fruit thereof, was designed by the same God to be consumed by humans and animals alike, as we see in Genesis 1:29 and 30. So this is the kind of life we are supposed to consume, it gives life back to us, our bodies thrive on plants and the right combination of them for nutrition

Only because soon entered the world for the first humans. We weren't meant to die. God it creates life and life more abundantly. The enemy is the destroyer, satan, the liar and the cheat from the beginning. But man is still culpable because he made a choice. And we still have a choice to make, do we follow the dictates of our own wills and consciences subjected in our flesh to satanic influence, the powers and principalities that work in this world; or do we submit to a loving God and find freedom from sin, sanctification, redemption from corruption, one day living life eternally with him forever.
Jesus ate fish.

Last edited:
Name the specific lie vegan. She's a vegan and her baby died from malnutrition.

What else did I say in the OP?

Hmmmm?
The baby died of STARVATION. She did not feed the baby for a week! Something is very wrong with the parents, this case has nothing to do with veganism or vegan diets, but of neglect and child abuse.

Last edited:
Just had 1lb of flank steak, medium rare. Not a vegetable. Put some creole seasoning. My body is thanking me.

Just had 1lb of flank steak, medium rare. Not a vegetable. Put some creole seasoning. My body is thanking me.
Are you 2?

Doesn't change the fact that you believed a lie and ran with it and still pretend the lie is the truth JUST LIKE THE RUSSIAN COLLUSION FOLKS

Murder by malnutrition: Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died after being fed diet of only raw fruit and vegetables

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com
18:03 01 Jul 2022, updated 21:36 01 Jul 2022

Sheila O'Leary was convicted of first degree murder in the 2019 death of her son Ezra

Ezra stopped breathing as the result of malnutrition; his parents had been feeding him raw vegetables, fruit and breast milk

Sheila's husband Ryan has also been charged with murder and is awaiting trial

Both face life in prison after previously turning down plea deals that offered 30 year sentences

The pair have two older children who were severely malnourished, had yellow skin and rotting teeth

Another baby murdering moron believing and slurping up more steaming bullshit from left propaganda.

Leftists are all baby murdering losers.
Poor kid "hadn't been fed in a week"

Starving someone by depriving food doesn't matter if the food denied is vegan or carnivorous or omnivorous.

The children were neglected by starvation period. This is criminal mental illness regardless of diet or political slant.

Poor kid "hadn't been fed in a week"

Starving someone by depriving food doesn't matter if the food denied is vegan or carnivorous or omnivorous.

The children were neglected by starvation period. This is criminal mental illness regardless of diet or political slant.
I haven't read anything in these two except 5he OP article. Has any motive been given?

Forum List

Back