Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died

That's what I thought.

Vegans care about all animals, and I'm willing to bet you have one or two things made of leather etc.

Also, you have no idea how many different species of animals are obliterated and herbicides used to protect those beans and whatever else you need.

Cause the good farmers that protect those beans and greens and your quinoa and carrots, have to kill everything. Every last ground squirrel, gopher, mole, rabbit, quale, shrew, snake, turtle and frog so that you can have your kale salad.

Sigh
It is no different than with animal agriculture, except on a much smaller scale. The problem also lies is in the way the world produces food. Re-envisioning farming to serve local communities, restructuring our communities around our local farms, people participating in producing their own organic foods would reduce many problems significantly. But as in most industries today, it is follow the money trail. The earths resources have been turned into commodities and utilities, controlled by the hands of a few, who make a ton of money off the system as it is. The world is brainwashed by the system. We were created to be gardeners, and to care for the Earth and the animal kingdom, not treat it as commodities and utilities.

Technically honey probably is [the most complete single food source]. At least it doesn't really spoil

Honey is mostly sugar. Very little else. No fat, no proteins, no vitamins.

One thing that once struck me as amusing, was a decade or so ago, high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS0 was being demonized as some huge nutritional devil that was destroying everyone's health, and corporations were being condemned for using it as a sweetener.

Objectively, there is very little nutritional difference between honey and HFCS. They are both basically very similar mixtures of the same different sugars, with very little else. Yet while HFCS was being condemned, honey was being praised by the same crowd.

Last edited:
That vegan mother who killed her baby deserves life in jail.

Period.
Something is terribly wrong with the parents, and they need treatment, they need yes, consequences, but appropriate consequences, redemptive consequences. What is terribly wrong in this world is what we value. Our understanding and sense of justice is corrupted. We don't value the sanctity of life. Yes there is evil and evil intentions, God will one day sort this out. But we need to care about each other including those who do harm, and we know nothing about their lives or what drives them or brought them to do what they did. It is not an excuse for harming an innocent child, this is true, and that is not what is being said here. But treating perpetrators so callously is part of our problem in our societies. They were children once, I wonder what happened to them as children?.. We could all be perpetrators given the right circumstances. A little compassion goes a long way.

Well veganism is hypocritical and ignorant. Other than that, you're right.

And these seems to be a great deal of hubris that goes along with veganism.

Similar to what is here expressed…

BPA_KaleDrinkParody.jpg

The newspaper made the issue about veganism. It is NOT. She fed them raw fruit and vegetables. That's NOT "veganism." Posters here are trying to make it about vegans to justify their own biases and guilt.

These children were malnourished. That has nothing to do with vegans, just IGNORANCE.

Like I said, wait until they start throwing parents in jail for denying their kids the covid vaccine. It's exactly the same thing. The "parents" should have taken them to a doctor. A teacher should have noticed the symptoms. A health care professional at the supermarket or Wal-Mart. Many people failed these kids.
Agree. Many people failed these children. Society fails these children. Our systems, governed by big industries including big ag fail these children and many others. Schools fail these children. Parents are a product also of failed systems, and societies that don't place value on the proper things, like the sanctity of life for example. All life, not just human.

Agree. Many people failed these children. Society fails these children. Our systems, governed by big industries including big ag fail these children and many others. Schools fail these children. Parents are a product also of failed systems, and societies that don't place value on the proper things, like the sanctity of life for example. All life, not just human.
Welcome! Another voice of sanity

That vegan mother who killed her baby deserves life in jail.

Period.
Also, the diet had nothing to do with this child's death. This child was starved to death, they did not feed the child for a week. The baby died of STARVATION. So it was not veganism that killed their baby, they didn’t feed the baby and clearly there was more going on that we are not being told! The parents appear to be crazy.

Also, the diet had nothing to do with this child's death. This child was starved to death, they did not feed the child for a week. The baby died of STARVATION
You know, somehow I missed that part until someone else pointed it out yesterday. Everybody's got an agenda. This article everybody's running with is even pushing the vegan angle

It is no different than with animal agriculture, except on a much smaller scale. The problem also lies is in the way the world produces food. Re-envisioning farming to serve local communities, restructuring our communities around our local farms, people participating in producing their own organic foods would reduce many problems significantly. But as in most industries today, it is follow the money trail. The earths resources have been turned into commodities and utilities, controlled by the hands of a few, who make a ton of money off the system as it is. The world is brainwashed by the system. We were created to be gardeners, and to care for the Earth and the animal kingdom, not treat it as commodities and utilities.

Indeed, listen to the "wisdom." Resources were not put on this earth for us to utilize for our benefit. NO! They were put here to STAY IN THE GROUND, FOREVER. Leave everything where it is. No cars. No aircraft, no ships. We should live like the hunter gatherers on North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean. How "sustainable" it is to live in abject poverty, n'est-ce pas?

Speaking of which, Cuba is the only country on earth rated as "sustainable."
Cuba.jpg

Indeed, listen to the "wisdom." Resources were not put on this earth for us to utilize for our benefit. NO! They were put here to STAY IN THE GROUND, FOREVER. Leave everything where it is. No cars. No aircraft, no ships. We should live like the hunter gatherers on North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean. How "sustainable" it is to live in abject poverty, n'est-ce pas?

Speaking of which, Cuba is the only country on earth rated as "sustainable."
View attachment 665704
That's exactly NOT AT ALL WHAT SHE SAID. But don't let spreading lies stop you from making a fool of yourself

See, also, Genesis 9:3.

God's changed his commandment a number of times regarding our diet. It's not clear that he ever disallowed meat, but right after the flood, he explicitly permitted it. And then, centuries later, through Moses, he handed down a complex set of rules regarding what meat was acceptable and what was not. And then, through Peter, in Acts 10:10-16, he withdraws all those rules.

If you're looking to the Bible to make the case for vegetarianism or veganism, no, it does not make that case. I was going to say that at best, the Bible can be taken to imply vegetarianism from the time of Adam up until the time of Noah, but then I realized that Abel, son of Adam, who was murdered by his brother, Cain, was a keeper of sheep.

Genesis 4:1-5
  1. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
  2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
  3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
  4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
  5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
So Abel raised sheep, he sacrificed sheep to the Lord, and it is certainly strongly implied that some of his sheep, were killed for meat to be eaten.

It'd be a stretch, but one could read into this that Cain was a vegetarian, and Abel was not, and that the Lord expressed, here, disapproval of vegetarianism, by rejecting Cain's offerings. In any event, it does rather solidly refute any claim that in this time, the Lord disapproved of raising animals for meat.
A very misunderstood reading of scripture.
See, also, Genesis 9:3.

God's changed his commandment a number of times regarding our diet. It's not clear that he ever disallowed meat, but right after the flood, he explicitly permitted it. And then, centuries later, through Moses, he handed down a complex set of rules regarding what meat was acceptable and what was not. And then, through Peter, in Acts 10:10-16, he withdraws all those rules.

If you're looking to the Bible to make the case for vegetarianism or veganism, no, it does not make that case. I was going to say that at best, the Bible can be taken to imply vegetarianism from the time of Adam up until the time of Noah, but then I realized that Abel, son of Adam, who was murdered by his brother, Cain, was a keeper of sheep.

Genesis 4:1-5
  1. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
  2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
  3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
  4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
  5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
So Abel raised sheep, he sacrificed sheep to the Lord, and it is certainly strongly implied that some of his sheep, were killed for meat to be eaten.

It'd be a stretch, but one could read into this that Cain was a vegetarian, and Abel was not, and that the Lord expressed, here, disapproval of vegetarianism, by rejecting Cain's offerings. In any event, it does rather solidly refute any claim that in this time, the Lord disapproved of raising animals for meat.
A misunderstood reading of the scriptures.

It doesn't spoil because it's pure sugar. It is not a complete food for humans
The big advantage of honey other than certain medicinal value is the fact it doesn't spoil. Or takes a long time for it to spoil.

Like many other foods that are incredibly good for us, honey is loaded with antioxidants. These antioxidants are what make honey great for heart health because they help lower the risk of heart disease. “They may help the arteries in your heart dilate, increasing blood flow to your heart. They may also help prevent blood clot formation, which can lead to heart attacks and strokes,” writes Healthline.

For example, a study examining rats found that honey was able to protect the heart from oxidative stress. Unfortunately, there aren’t any human studies to reference, so it can’t be said for sure, but a little bit of honey

However, nothing has as many nutrients contained within it as ruminant meat and showed the vast amounts of vitamins and minerals contained in it.

Also showed facts and differences of digestive systems between omnivores and herbivores and you continue to push the crap about veganism as though I'm supposed to believe you own no leather shoes belts or boots.

Whatever.

Veganism is BS. Period and no matter how much you all kick and scream and point to meat being bad with with the faulty so called cancer causing studies, we are still omnivores like nearly every other primate.

That's exactly NOT AT ALL WHAT SHE SAID. But don't let spreading lies stop you from making a fool of yourself

1. IF I told a lie, why don't you quote me and provide a source justifying your contention.
2. I did nothing of the sort. Your name-calling is petty and childish. Shame on you .
If anyone made fools of themselves it would be you and the saviors of the environment who are always proselytizing environmental extremism as if anything contrary to their/your dogmas are destroying the planet YOU love and everyone else hates.

A very misunderstood reading of scripture.

A misunderstood reading of the scriptures.

Jesus' disciples were fishermen. He accompanied them and told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat where they caught multitudes of fish. Jesus also multiplied the fish for his followers to eat. Misunderstand those facts to your heart's content.

Jesus' disciples were fishermen. He accompanied them and told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat where they caught multitudes of fish. Jesus also multiplied the fish for his followers to eat. Misunderstand those facts to your heart's content.
John the Baptist lived on locusts and honey. Locusts are probably vegetables to them.

Didn't Christ tell the story of the prodigal son, and they celebrated at his return by killing the fatted calf?

Whoops

They also clearly don't give a solid crap about the vast numbers of animals dismembered and mutilated in the vast fields to plow in order to grow the vast crops of beans for their bean salads.

😆

They are absurd beyond words.

I'm on record noting that I understand people voting for Trump when the alternative was Hillary. I'm on record for not understanding why people vote to re-elect someone who turns out to be all about themselves.

I first noted this about Obama.
Trump lowered gas prices, brought US the best economy of our lifetimes and created a vaccine in record time. I call your post complete and utter bullshit.

Trump lowered gas prices, brought US the best economy of our lifetimes and created a vaccine in record time. I call your post complete and utter bullshit.

Maybe we can go back to a shut down economy to get us some low gas prices again. Wouldn't that be fun?

Forum List

Back