Zone1 Vatican gives conditional approval to blessings for same-sex couples

no, save for all the religmo's seeking high moral ground ding.....~S~
If that's what it is. But does it have to be that? I see a lot of cynicism in this thread which I believe is mostly driven by a preference for an outcome. So I go back to the caveat. If it as people say, then it would have been something different than it was. Nothing has really changed.

If that's what it is. But does it have to be that? I see a lot of cynicism in this thread which I believe is mostly driven by a preference for an outcome. So I go back to the caveat. If it as people say, then it would have been something different than it was. Nothing has really changed.
i suspect the outcome is the hierarchy looking for more constituency ding

hopefully they wont resort to filming gay sex like our congress .....

~S~

i suspect the outcome is the hierarchy looking for more constituency ding

hopefully they wont resort to filming gay sex like our congress .....

~S~
Maybe, but that's a cynical view. Couldn't it be that these people are suffering and in need of some compassion?

Think of it like the don't ask don't tell policy. It's not an unconditional approval. It's just making the best of a bad situation.

Couldn't it be that these people are suffering and in need of some compassion?
ah, you cut this old cynic right on down ding

you're entirely too nice a person for me to impose on

such a shame you're a minority....
~S~

ah, you cut this old cynic right on down ding

you're entirely too nice a person for me to impose on

such a shame you're a minority....
~S~
Alas it's wouldn't have been the position I would have chose for myself if that's any consolation.

This Pope Francis is evil.

1702946319899.png

Yes. A baby step has been made. All journeys start with one step.
You could have said the exact same thing about the armed forces policy of don't ask don't tell.

At the end of the day more than a fair share would still rather not be sexually attracted to the same sex. So I am not sure exactly what you are celebrating.

Yeah, to bad he doesn't condemn people to eternal suffering for loving other adults the only way they know how.

Like good people like you do.

🙄
You probably believe that was always the case but my faith teaches that no one knows the fate of anyone except the saints already in heaven. And that would apply to popes as well. So again... has anything really changed?

You could have said the exact same thing about the armed forces policy of don't ask don't tell.
And it would have been true.

Just like it's true now. The arrow of time only points in one direction. As the religioners die off and become cafeteria Religioners, this institutional bigotry will become a thing of the past.

Forum List

Back