Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

This is supposed to be a free country. You should be free to by gay or straight. You should also be free to practice your religion, run your business in the manner you want to, and speak your mind as you please. You also are expected to shut up and take your medicine when the stupid shit you say and do causes you to suffer.

YES!!! You are free to reject God and live in sin but know the price is very very high!!!

And if you use just two more exclamation points, your point may come across, brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning, everyone.

I'd like to share with you some of my views regarding the topic of homosexuality. So, here goes. :D

Summary. I'd like to see everyone stop fighting, insulting, disrespecting, and slandering one another over this. All that does is stir up more hatred and anger, which is never going to bring peace about for all here. Respect each other's right to have an opinion, and don't freak out or try to destroy people for disagreeing with you. These sensitive issues aren't nearly as cut-and-dried as some would have you believe. Don't assume homosexuals are pedophiles or bad parents. Don't assume Christians are hateful or bigoted. You don't really understand each other, which makes it very easy to lob attacks. This vicious cycle of hatred and bitterness by all sides will result in nothing good for all involved. Please, I am asking you to stop, step back, and really question and think about how you've been thinking about people. Challenge yourselves to point out your own assumptions and question them vigorously. Ask others to help you if you want. And, whatever you do, talk with people as if they are people. As if they're your neighbors. Don't treat them special, but give them mutual respect. I strongly believe we can talk about virtually anything without becoming consumed in the raging fires of anger and hatred. We are as capable of understanding, coming together, and maintaining peace as we are the reverse.

Though you may disagree, at least try to love and respect one another. :smiliehug:

I feel the same way:smiliehug:

I don't give homosexuality and gay rights stuff like that much thought it's not a major issue for me.

I don't either. Don't even think about it all that much. Our 'married' gay neighbors next door are just among our neighbors trading off favors, sharing recipes and favorite dishes, helping each other, would you believe it just like normal people????? Because they ARE normal people. What would be abnormal if the unmarried heterosexual couple living across the street or the married heterosexual couple on the other side of us made a point of announcing and discussing their heterosexuality and throwing it in our face more often than not. But they aren't obvious or obsessive about being heterosexual nor is the gay couple obvious or obsessive about being gay and they don't throw that in our face either.

Whether it is race or sexual orientation or cohabitation or who anybody is, it is accepting who and what we are and not flaunting it and/or demanding that others accept it and even praise it that makes something normal and acceptable. And allows it to become normal and acceptable.

Last edited:
oh good. I'm"allowed" to quote you.

You made some good points, well thought out and to a certain degree, insightful.

However, you fail miserably on your fifth point. You have no idea what homosexuals do in bed and it's certainly none of your business, but I'd like to point out that it's not just gay men who have feces on their penis and considering other factors straight men may have a greater chance of contracting diseases through it.

As far as your claim that gays aren't born gay and a few other common misconceptions, it's obvious you need more education.

I have a very good idea of what gays do in bed, and nothing he said rated the visceral reaction you had.
Perhaps the problem here is you.

As for people being born gay, I suggest you look for one of the threads I started on the subject of sexual preference being an inborn trait to find out how little you know before you try to tell others they need to learn something. To sum it up, there is absolutely no scientific evidence than anyone is born wih a sexual preference. You might not like that, but denying it only make you look stupid.

THIS ""IS"" THE WORD OF GOD!! Do you deny that truth?????? Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 corinthians 6:9-11
Kingdom of GOD!!>!!!&$%(#O(!!!!!!!

Exaggerated for effect, of course.

You don't sound like a rational person. Calm down and breathe. There is actually not an invisible man in the sky so we don't actually have to take anything that He says seriously.

Excuse me? And you are going to use this thread to denigrate the beliefs of others? Ah, but you think you can lecture others on being rational. How cute. Just who made you the supreme authority on religion, hmm?

(coff, coff) Ahem. The U.S. Constitution makes every individual the supreme authority on religion.

That is what freedom of religion means.

Regards from Rosie

If you oppose gay marriage, you may be tolerant of gay people....but are you tolerant of gay people being equal to you?

Good question.

Equality is for all of us.

And, for Pete's sake, just MYOB.

Live and let live and if its between consenting adults, it doesn't hurt you or concern you. Just MYOB.

Do you really believe equality is for everyone? The reason I ask is that you keep telling me that some people have fewer rights than others, and I don't see how you can reconcile that with your claim.

If you oppose gay marriage, you may be tolerant of gay people....but are you tolerant of gay people being equal to you?

I know gay people that oppose gay marraige. Does that mean they want to be lesser people, or does it mean that the issue might be a little more complicated than you are portraying it?

God didn't claim that homosexuality is a sin, the Bible did.

God didn't write the Bible, humans did.

Greed is a sin, but not homosexuality, according to God in the Bible.

I would add
the cases of homosexuality that can or have been healed
are caused by either abuse or some other "unforgiven karma" or past sins.

"unforgiveness" is the one sin that is unforgiveable,
because God cannot intervene or heal before we have asked and permitted
by giving up our hold on something by "agreeing or asking help to forgive."

the main sin that causes ALL the other problems on earth is
UNFORGIVENESS

And lo and behold, wouldn't you know,
that forgiveness is the common key factor in all
cases where homosexuality that was caused by unnatural abuse
was able to be healed or changed.

I believe the OP was trying to focus on this aspect in the equation.
I believe it makes all the difference in life, and all problems can
be solved when we agree to approach and embrace one another
in the spirit of FORGIVENESS.

Kingdom of GOD!!>!!!&$%(#O(!!!!!!!

Exaggerated for effect, of course.

You don't sound like a rational person. Calm down and breathe. There is actually not an invisible man in the sky so we don't actually have to take anything that He says seriously.

Excuse me? And you are going to use this thread to denigrate the beliefs of others? Ah, but you think you can lecture others on being rational. How cute. Just who made you the supreme authority on religion, hmm?

(coff, coff) Ahem. The U.S. Constitution makes every individual the supreme authority on religion.

That is what freedom of religion means.

Regards from Rosie

You have no clue what you just said, do you? Perhaps you may have misread my statement?

Can you tell me where in the Constitution it grants people the right to suppress the beliefs of Christians to appease the sensibilities of a homosexual? Hmm? No, the Constitution does not give anyone the right to be an authority on anything, save their freedom and liberty. That's it. It gives people authority over their government, not the other way around.

I advocate equality for homosexuals, even against my better judgement as a man of faith, simply because the Bible says "judge not", and "love one another." Moreover, as a student of the law, it's a no brainer what the 14th Amendment says. Though, some actual homosexuals are just as bad about flaunting their lifestyle as those Christians (like GIMSYS) are with flaunting theirs. They could do without it.

God makes the rules, sure. The Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is not one of those Commandments.

THIS ""IS"" THE WORD OF GOD!! Do you deny that truth?????? Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 corinthians 6:9-11

Hi GISMYS sorry to see you provoked or pushed to this extreme.

The one unforgiveable sin, the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,
is UNFORGIVENESS.
As long as we ask help with FORGIVENESS
all other sins and their effects can be corrected and resolved and healed by Grace.

Can we start first by agreeing to forgive all things,
and ask God's wisdom and understanding to correct all wrongs in that vein?

If we can please be in agreement, I agree to join with you and others in
invoking the governance of Christ Jesus to oversee this interaction
and all members participating, that we may address and correct all wrongs
in the spirit of truth and justice, and set ourselves free from division error and strife.

May the love and grace of Christ Jesus
cover and protect us all, as we ask God's help to cast out all fear all error
all spirit of rebellion anger unforgiveness and division that otherwise may
cause us to stumble and fall. May we instead be used to lift one another
up and arrive at greater insights, truth and understanding to share with
others and to spread positive message and solutions to the problems
we see in the world. Thank you in Jesus name Amen.

Don't you know people are born gay? According to who? How so, and why? Like I say to religious folk: show me your scientific evidence. In my opinion, people are born straight, because nature has it so that both man and woman have what they need to mate and procreate. I don't understand why homosexual people have their homosexual feelings/attractions. I may be wrong about everything; who knows?

It makes no difference whether one is ‘wrong’ about it or not. It’s important to understand that the question is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

Those on the right hostile to civil liberties for gay Americans make the failed ‘argument’ that because one 'decides' to be gay, he shouldn’t be entitled to Constitutional protections. These ignorant, hateful conservatives ‘reason’ that if one doesn’t wish to sustain discrimination as a gay American, just ‘stop being gay,’ and the discrimination will end.

The fact is, of course, nothing could be further from the truth.

Whether one is born gay or ‘decides’ to be gay, both manifestations are protected by the 5th Amendment’s Liberty Clause, guaranteeing every American the right to self-determination free from interference by the state:

It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS
Private citizens are of course at liberty to hate and exhibit their ignorant concerning gay Americans, but they are not at liberty to seek to codify that hate and ignorance in secular law, such as laws currently being determined un-Constitutional designed to deny same-sex couples their 14th Amendment right to access marriage law.

It is even more important to remember that, if we followed your interpretation, slavery would still exist because it was completely irrelevant to argue that everyone has the same rights.

Whether you like it or not, not everything revolves around the Constitution. This isn't a discussion about the law, it is a discussion about the way people react to the issues.

Good morning, everyone.

I'd like to share with you some of my views regarding the topic of homosexuality. So, here goes. :D

You must be a hateful bigot. No. Just because I don't accept or agree with everything homosexuality doesn't make me a hateful bigot. That is intellectually lazy, not to mention very partisan. Since when does “I don't support gay marriage, agree with people being born gay, or think it's moral” the same as “I hate you for being gay.” There is so much difference there. Disagreeing isn't automatically hating. You may not believe it, but there are Christians out there who believe homosexuality is a sin and hate it, but don't hate the actual person.

...it's OK to insult and mock homosexuals? Sure, you can do that, if you want to be a completely incredulous jerk. That's especially bad when in the same breath you're calling homosexuality a sin. You give homosexuals justified ammo to call you hateful when you deliberately insult and mock them. Do you think Christians should mock and insult people with vile slurs like “faggot”? No. Those who don't support homosexuality can certainly be civil and respectful in their disagreement.

How completely intolerant of you.... Not 100% accepting homosexuality means I'm intolerant? Really? I don't think so. If I could not tolerate you, I would attempt to erase you from existence. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't tolerate you. I tolerate you plenty, with your obscene gay pride parades, snarky and flamboyant drama, and your annoyingly forced lisping. And when I say “you,” I mean certain loud homosexuals like Perez Hilton. So, no. I'm more than happy to disagree with you while coexisting peacefully. One can tolerate those who disagree. Do you?

But wait, homosexuals are pedophiles!!! Oh, god, be quiet. Homosexuality is when two people of the same sex have sexual attraction towards one another, which typically leads to them having sex. That ain't pedophilia. Being a pedophile is when you have sexual attraction towards a child. Gay, straight, and bisexual pedophiles exist. If you really want to poison the discussion, keep calling homosexuals pedophiles and see what happens. They are two completely different things.

Portrayal and reality regarding homosexuality. For some reason people have made it seem like homosexuals are happy, carefree, fabulous people. And they even took our rainbow and put it in their background. Now, the rainbow, a beautiful and natural phenomenon, has become a symbol of something that's not quite natural or beautiful. The reality is that gay men penetrate the anuses of other men with their genitalia. That means part of their body is going to have feces on it. Does that sound beautiful? No. Saying it like it is isn't a bad thing. Perhaps the “fabulous” imagery some homosexuals enshroud themselves in is compensation for the disgusting nature of their sex. As for lesbians, I've heard one puts on a modified strap that resembles male genitalia. I don't quite understand that. Do more expensive models warm up? Why a woman would prefer another woman with some modified contraption to a living, breathing man merits its own pile of questions. I don't believe in sacred cows, so I have no problem discussing any unsavory detail so long as it's done in a civil manner.

Homosexuals can't be good parents. I don't believe that for a minute. While in my view it'd be better if a child has both a mommy and a daddy for balance, I don't think gay couples are inherently bad parents, or people, at all. Two men or two women can definitely love, cherish, and care for children. It just isn't the same as one mama and one papa. For thousands of years it's been normal for offspring to have one mother and one father. Child's going to be confused, in my opinion. That imbalance doesn't mean homosexual people can't be loving parents. There are two issues here: 1) The imbalance two male or two female parents can bring and 2) Assuming homosexual couples are automatically bad, unfit parents. On the 2nd, no, that assumption is really wrong. On the 1st, I do favor how the yin and yang of man and woman together can bring a balance of two vastly different worlds and perspectives together. I wish my fellow conservatives would stop making that cruel assumption.

If you disagree, you must be gay. That's just juvenile. Seriously. You're not a teenager.

Don't you know people are born gay? According to who? How so, and why? Like I say to religious folk: show me your scientific evidence. In my opinion, people are born straight, because nature has it so that both man and woman have what they need to mate and procreate. I don't understand why homosexual people have their homosexual feelings/attractions. I may be wrong about everything; who knows? It could very well be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. At the very least keep that possibility in your mind for the sake of unbiased, scientific research explanation. Instead of flying into a furor when some try to research and better understand the science behind homosexuality without a progressive slant, let everyone research the issue. Knowledge is power, and nothing should be beyond the scope of scientific inquiry. I wonder what research would unearth if the intelligentsia weren't of an incredibly liberal---or conservative---slant.

Homosexuals are evil and deserve Hellfire. Boy, this one is tough. I was raised in an Apostolic-Pentecostal home. Now, I'm a nonreligious conservative. Do I believe the traditional Bibles consider it a sin in spite of what revisionist liberals say? Yes. Do I believe in the Bible? Currently, no. That's a whole 'nother discussion. Are homosexuals inherently evil? Absolutely not. All have sinned in the eyes of God... … ...assuming a god even exists, and the one in question at that. Some liberal Christians say we shouldn't judge homosexuals as sinning, but I could just as easily turn the tables by taking the dusty old book and ask them why they absolutely won't acknowledge homosexuality as a sin, unlike other sins they do. If homosexuality is sinful, OK. Now how about greed, lust, and any other conceivable sin out there the Bible mentions? I think it would be wise for liberal Christians to stop ignoring what the Bible mentions about homosexuality, say “alright,” and then point out every other sin that all people so casually do. And I do completely acknowledge how supremely hypocritical some religious people can be.

You've a different opinion? How DARE you!! As history has shown, there's been quite a bit of outrage by some on the left when someone has an opinion in favor of Traditional marriage, etc. I don't understand how some people could get so angry and inflamed over someone else voicing an opinion. That kind of crap needs to stop, because it's immature and detrimental to general discussion. Not only that, but taking it a step further and actually trying to destroy peoples' livelihoods... Holy crap that's wrong. “OH, you believe in taxation? How dare you! I'm going to try and destroy everything you've worked so hard for!” Imagine if someone told you that because you did something so innocuous as sharing your opinion when asked for one. The whole Duck Dynasty debacle is one example of that kind of overreaction. Same with Chick-Fil-A. Same with Miss California (Carrie Prejean) and that loudmouth, Perez Hilton. People like those responsible for this kind of inflamed, Herpe-like overreaction is one thing that hurts the image of ALL homosexual people. It makes them look like they absolutely cannot stand opposing views, and that they have really, really, really thin skin. I'm aware people have very different views from mine, but you don't see me hopping up and down with seething rage while trying to ruin your life over it.

Romeikes & Mathericks. Europe isn't free like America.

Homosexuals and the Military Not sure what to say about this. Let 'em fight for our country. If they sexually harass other military members or do lewd sexual acts in front of other soldiers, punish them for misconduct. Have them fight, but don't tolerate sexual harassment from anyone, whoever they are.

Summary. I'd like to see everyone stop fighting, insulting, disrespecting, and slandering one another over this. All that does is stir up more hatred and anger, which is never going to bring peace about for all here. Respect each other's right to have an opinion, and don't freak out or try to destroy people for disagreeing with you. These sensitive issues aren't nearly as cut-and-dried as some would have you believe. Don't assume homosexuals are pedophiles or bad parents. Don't assume Christians are hateful or bigoted. You don't really understand each other, which makes it very easy to lob attacks. This vicious cycle of hatred and bitterness by all sides will result in nothing good for all involved. Please, I am asking you to stop, step back, and really question and think about how you've been thinking about people. Challenge yourselves to point out your own assumptions and question them vigorously. Ask others to help you if you want. And, whatever you do, talk with people as if they are people. As if they're your neighbors. Don't treat them special, but give them mutual respect. I strongly believe we can talk about virtually anything without becoming consumed in the raging fires of anger and hatred. We are as capable of understanding, coming together, and maintaining peace as we are the reverse.

Though you may disagree, at least try to love and respect one another. :smiliehug:

Replace all that stuff about "being gay" with "being left-handed"...religion used to tell people that being left-handed was perverted and evil too.

Religion never taught that, ignorant people did.

I don't give homosexuality and gay rights stuff like that much thought it's not a major issue for me.

I don't either. Don't even think about it all that much. Our 'married' gay neighbors next door are just among our neighbors trading off favors, sharing recipes and favorite dishes, helping each other, would you believe it just like normal people????? Because they ARE normal people. What would be abnormal if the unmarried heterosexual couple living across the street or the married heterosexual couple on the other side of us made a point of announcing and discussing their heterosexuality and throwing it in our face more often than not. But they aren't obvious or obsessive about being heterosexual nor is the gay couple obvious or obsessive about being gay and they don't throw that in our face either.

Whether it is race or sexual orientation or cohabitation or who anybody is, it is accepting who and what we are and not flaunting it and/or demanding that others accept it and even praise it that makes something normal and acceptable. And allows it to become normal and acceptable.

Unfortunately there are a significant number of your fellow conservatives who don’t hold this view, and indeed actively seek to deny same-sex couples their right to equal protection of the law.

And when our fellow citizens are unjustly denied their civil liberties, it is an important issue for us all, regardless whether we “even think about it all that much.”

Good morning, everyone.

You must be a hateful bigot. No. Just because I don't accept or agree with everything homosexuality doesn't make me a hateful bigot. That is intellectually lazy, not to mention very partisan. Since when does “I don't support gay marriage, agree with people being born gay, or think it's moral” the same as “I hate you for being gay.” There is so much difference there. Disagreeing isn't automatically hating. You may not believe it, but there are Christians out there who believe homosexuality is a sin and hate it, but don't hate the actual person.

...it's OK to insult and mock homosexuals? Sure, you can do that, if you want to be a completely incredulous jerk. That's especially bad when in the same breath you're calling homosexuality a sin. You give homosexuals justified ammo to call you hateful when you deliberately insult and mock them. Do you think Christians should mock and insult people with vile slurs like “faggot”? No. Those who don't support homosexuality can certainly be civil and respectful in their disagreement.

How completely intolerant of you.... Not 100% accepting homosexuality means I'm intolerant? Really? I don't think so. If I could not tolerate you, I would attempt to erase you from existence. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't tolerate you. I tolerate you plenty, with your obscene gay pride parades, snarky and flamboyant drama, and your annoyingly forced lisping. And when I say “you,” I mean certain loud homosexuals like Perez Hilton. So, no. I'm more than happy to disagree with you while coexisting peacefully. One can tolerate those who disagree. Do you?

But wait, homosexuals are pedophiles!!! Oh, god, be quiet. Homosexuality is when two people of the same sex have sexual attraction towards one another, which typically leads to them having sex. That ain't pedophilia. Being a pedophile is when you have sexual attraction towards a child. Gay, straight, and bisexual pedophiles exist. If you really want to poison the discussion, keep calling homosexuals pedophiles and see what happens. They are two completely different things.

Portrayal and reality regarding homosexuality. For some reason people have made it seem like homosexuals are happy, carefree, fabulous people. And they even took our rainbow and put it in their background. Now, the rainbow, a beautiful and natural phenomenon, has become a symbol of something that's not quite natural or beautiful. The reality is that gay men penetrate the anuses of other men with their genitalia. That means part of their body is going to have feces on it. Does that sound beautiful? No. Saying it like it is isn't a bad thing. Perhaps the “fabulous” imagery some homosexuals enshroud themselves in is compensation for the disgusting nature of their sex. As for lesbians, I've heard one puts on a modified strap that resembles male genitalia. I don't quite understand that. Do more expensive models warm up? Why a woman would prefer another woman with some modified contraption to a living, breathing man merits its own pile of questions. I don't believe in sacred cows, so I have no problem discussing any unsavory detail so long as it's done in a civil manner.

Homosexuals can't be good parents. I don't believe that for a minute. While in my view it'd be better if a child has both a mommy and a daddy for balance, I don't think gay couples are inherently bad parents, or people, at all. Two men or two women can definitely love, cherish, and care for children. It just isn't the same as one mama and one papa. For thousands of years it's been normal for offspring to have one mother and one father. Child's going to be confused, in my opinion. That imbalance doesn't mean homosexual people can't be loving parents. There are two issues here: 1) The imbalance two male or two female parents can bring and 2) Assuming homosexual couples are automatically bad, unfit parents. On the 2nd, no, that assumption is really wrong. On the 1st, I do favor how the yin and yang of man and woman together can bring a balance of two vastly different worlds and perspectives together. I wish my fellow conservatives would stop making that cruel assumption.

If you disagree, you must be gay. That's just juvenile. Seriously. You're not a teenager.

Don't you know people are born gay? According to who? How so, and why? Like I say to religious folk: show me your scientific evidence. In my opinion, people are born straight, because nature has it so that both man and woman have what they need to mate and procreate. I don't understand why homosexual people have their homosexual feelings/attractions. I may be wrong about everything; who knows? It could very well be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. At the very least keep that possibility in your mind for the sake of unbiased, scientific research explanation. Instead of flying into a furor when some try to research and better understand the science behind homosexuality without a progressive slant, let everyone research the issue. Knowledge is power, and nothing should be beyond the scope of scientific inquiry. I wonder what research would unearth if the intelligentsia weren't of an incredibly liberal---or conservative---slant.

Homosexuals are evil and deserve Hellfire. Boy, this one is tough. I was raised in an Apostolic-Pentecostal home. Now, I'm a nonreligious conservative. Do I believe the traditional Bibles consider it a sin in spite of what revisionist liberals say? Yes. Do I believe in the Bible? Currently, no. That's a whole 'nother discussion. Are homosexuals inherently evil? Absolutely not. All have sinned in the eyes of God... … ...assuming a god even exists, and the one in question at that. Some liberal Christians say we shouldn't judge homosexuals as sinning, but I could just as easily turn the tables by taking the dusty old book and ask them why they absolutely won't acknowledge homosexuality as a sin, unlike other sins they do. If homosexuality is sinful, OK. Now how about greed, lust, and any other conceivable sin out there the Bible mentions? I think it would be wise for liberal Christians to stop ignoring what the Bible mentions about homosexuality, say “alright,” and then point out every other sin that all people so casually do. And I do completely acknowledge how supremely hypocritical some religious people can be.

You've a different opinion? How DARE you!! As history has shown, there's been quite a bit of outrage by some on the left when someone has an opinion in favor of Traditional marriage, etc. I don't understand how some people could get so angry and inflamed over someone else voicing an opinion. That kind of crap needs to stop, because it's immature and detrimental to general discussion. Not only that, but taking it a step further and actually trying to destroy peoples' livelihoods... Holy crap that's wrong. “OH, you believe in taxation? How dare you! I'm going to try and destroy everything you've worked so hard for!” Imagine if someone told you that because you did something so innocuous as sharing your opinion when asked for one. The whole Duck Dynasty debacle is one example of that kind of overreaction. Same with Chick-Fil-A. Same with Miss California (Carrie Prejean) and that loudmouth, Perez Hilton. People like those responsible for this kind of inflamed, Herpe-like overreaction is one thing that hurts the image of ALL homosexual people. It makes them look like they absolutely cannot stand opposing views, and that they have really, really, really thin skin. I'm aware people have very different views from mine, but you don't see me hopping up and down with seething rage while trying to ruin your life over it.

Romeikes & Mathericks. Europe isn't free like America.

Homosexuals and the Military Not sure what to say about this. Let 'em fight for our country. If they sexually harass other military members or do lewd sexual acts in front of other soldiers, punish them for misconduct. Have them fight, but don't tolerate sexual harassment from anyone, whoever they are.

oh good. I'm"allowed" to quote you.

You made some good points, well thought out and to a certain degree, insightful.

However, you fail miserably on your fifth point. You have no idea what homosexuals do in bed and it's certainly none of your business, but I'd like to point out that it's not just gay men who have feces on their pensions and considering other factors straight men may have a greater chance of contracting diseases through it.

As far as your claim that gays aren't born gay and a few other common misconceptions, it's obvious you need more education.

Yep.

BTW, why is this in "Politics"?

Because it is about politics?

God makes the rules, sure. The Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is not one of those Commandments.

Dear KNB:
The Ten Commandments DO include
* though shalt not commit ADULTERY (this may be interpreted more generally as not having sex or illicit relations between people other than spiritually yoked or committed partners)
* though shalt not COVET thy neighbor's wife, servant, etc.

So this covers "unnatural LUSTS or COVETING" which include but are not limited to just complaints of homosexuality being unnatural.

This is not limited to just Christian laws.

Buddhist laws which are based on natural wisdom and spiritual laws of interconnectedness of all life, also advise to "avoid sexual misconduct"
with the reasoning being to "avoid causing suffering to oneself and others."

If we focus on being consistent, faithful in committed relations,
and not abusing either relationships or sex itself, in any form,
then we automatically eliminate the problems objected to
not only with homosexual sex but also with heterosexual sex and relations being abused.

The issue in all such cases, heterosexual or homosexual
is NOT to abuse the relationship between people
and NOT to abuse sex. Can we agree to that as the common core?

Can we stick to those issues please in order
to solve the problems we agree are bad for people or society?

If not, what do you suggest?

Last edited:
This is supposed to be a free country. You should be free to by gay or straight. You should also be free to practice your religion, run your business in the manner you want to, and speak your mind as you please. You also are expected to shut up and take your medicine when the stupid shit you say and do causes you to suffer.

YES!!! You are free to reject God and live in sin but know the price is very very high!!!

Would you shut up? You are making the entire world dumber every time you post.

Forum List

Back