Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

I want it on the record that most Christians do not share GISMYS views on homosexuality or what the Bible teaches about it. The very limited references to homosexuality in the Bible almost all relates to sexual perversion, i.e. behavior, and not the state of any person's being or desires, and that also included heterosexual behavior. Can both gay and straight people commit sexual sin or be perverted or immoral? Of course they can. But that is a far different discussion than sexual orientation.

At the same time, GISMYS believes what he believes and that is who he is. It seems logical to me that tolerance requires us to allow GISMYS to be who and what he is as much as it requires us to allow a gay person to be who and what he/she is. In a live and let live world that is truly tolerant, everybody is allowed their own choices, opinions, and lifestyles so long as they don't require participation or contribution by any other.

If you're gay and in my face re your gayness, I will be offended.
If you are devoutly religious and are in my face re your religion, I will be offended.
If you are politically or socially active and are in my face about it, I will be offended.

But as long as they are not requiring contribution or participation by anybody else, everybody should be free to be who and what they are and to say so with impunity.

Last edited:
Good morning, everyone.

I'd like to share with you some of my views regarding the topic of homosexuality. So, here goes. :D

You must be a hateful bigot. No. Just because I don't accept or agree with everything homosexuality doesn't make me a hateful bigot. That is intellectually lazy, not to mention very partisan. Since when does “I don't support gay marriage, agree with people being born gay, or think it's moral” the same as “I hate you for being gay.” There is so much difference there. Disagreeing isn't automatically hating. You may not believe it, but there are Christians out there who believe homosexuality is a sin and hate it, but don't hate the actual person.

...it's OK to insult and mock homosexuals? Sure, you can do that, if you want to be a completely incredulous jerk. That's especially bad when in the same breath you're calling homosexuality a sin. You give homosexuals justified ammo to call you hateful when you deliberately insult and mock them. Do you think Christians should mock and insult people with vile slurs like “faggot”? No. Those who don't support homosexuality can certainly be civil and respectful in their disagreement.

How completely intolerant of you.... Not 100% accepting homosexuality means I'm intolerant? Really? I don't think so. If I could not tolerate you, I would attempt to erase you from existence. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't tolerate you. I tolerate you plenty, with your obscene gay pride parades, snarky and flamboyant drama, and your annoyingly forced lisping. And when I say “you,” I mean certain loud homosexuals like Perez Hilton. So, no. I'm more than happy to disagree with you while coexisting peacefully. One can tolerate those who disagree. Do you?

But wait, homosexuals are pedophiles!!! Oh, god, be quiet. Homosexuality is when two people of the same sex have sexual attraction towards one another, which typically leads to them having sex. That ain't pedophilia. Being a pedophile is when you have sexual attraction towards a child. Gay, straight, and bisexual pedophiles exist. If you really want to poison the discussion, keep calling homosexuals pedophiles and see what happens. They are two completely different things.

Portrayal and reality regarding homosexuality. For some reason people have made it seem like homosexuals are happy, carefree, fabulous people. And they even took our rainbow and put it in their background. Now, the rainbow, a beautiful and natural phenomenon, has become a symbol of something that's not quite natural or beautiful. The reality is that gay men penetrate the anuses of other men with their genitalia. That means part of their body is going to have feces on it. Does that sound beautiful? No. Saying it like it is isn't a bad thing. Perhaps the “fabulous” imagery some homosexuals enshroud themselves in is compensation for the disgusting nature of their sex. As for lesbians, I've heard one puts on a modified strap that resembles male genitalia. I don't quite understand that. Do more expensive models warm up? Why a woman would prefer another woman with some modified contraption to a living, breathing man merits its own pile of questions. I don't believe in sacred cows, so I have no problem discussing any unsavory detail so long as it's done in a civil manner.

Homosexuals can't be good parents. I don't believe that for a minute. While in my view it'd be better if a child has both a mommy and a daddy for balance, I don't think gay couples are inherently bad parents, or people, at all. Two men or two women can definitely love, cherish, and care for children. It just isn't the same as one mama and one papa. For thousands of years it's been normal for offspring to have one mother and one father. Child's going to be confused, in my opinion. That imbalance doesn't mean homosexual people can't be loving parents. There are two issues here: 1) The imbalance two male or two female parents can bring and 2) Assuming homosexual couples are automatically bad, unfit parents. On the 2nd, no, that assumption is really wrong. On the 1st, I do favor how the yin and yang of man and woman together can bring a balance of two vastly different worlds and perspectives together. I wish my fellow conservatives would stop making that cruel assumption.

If you disagree, you must be gay. That's just juvenile. Seriously. You're not a teenager.

Don't you know people are born gay? According to who? How so, and why? Like I say to religious folk: show me your scientific evidence. In my opinion, people are born straight, because nature has it so that both man and woman have what they need to mate and procreate. I don't understand why homosexual people have their homosexual feelings/attractions. I may be wrong about everything; who knows? It could very well be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. At the very least keep that possibility in your mind for the sake of unbiased, scientific research explanation. Instead of flying into a furor when some try to research and better understand the science behind homosexuality without a progressive slant, let everyone research the issue. Knowledge is power, and nothing should be beyond the scope of scientific inquiry. I wonder what research would unearth if the intelligentsia weren't of an incredibly liberal---or conservative---slant.

Homosexuals are evil and deserve Hellfire. Boy, this one is tough. I was raised in an Apostolic-Pentecostal home. Now, I'm a nonreligious conservative. Do I believe the traditional Bibles consider it a sin in spite of what revisionist liberals say? Yes. Do I believe in the Bible? Currently, no. That's a whole 'nother discussion. Are homosexuals inherently evil? Absolutely not. All have sinned in the eyes of God... … ...assuming a god even exists, and the one in question at that. Some liberal Christians say we shouldn't judge homosexuals as sinning, but I could just as easily turn the tables by taking the dusty old book and ask them why they absolutely won't acknowledge homosexuality as a sin, unlike other sins they do. If homosexuality is sinful, OK. Now how about greed, lust, and any other conceivable sin out there the Bible mentions? I think it would be wise for liberal Christians to stop ignoring what the Bible mentions about homosexuality, say “alright,” and then point out every other sin that all people so casually do. And I do completely acknowledge how supremely hypocritical some religious people can be.

You've a different opinion? How DARE you!! As history has shown, there's been quite a bit of outrage by some on the left when someone has an opinion in favor of Traditional marriage, etc. I don't understand how some people could get so angry and inflamed over someone else voicing an opinion. That kind of crap needs to stop, because it's immature and detrimental to general discussion. Not only that, but taking it a step further and actually trying to destroy peoples' livelihoods... Holy crap that's wrong. “OH, you believe in taxation? How dare you! I'm going to try and destroy everything you've worked so hard for!” Imagine if someone told you that because you did something so innocuous as sharing your opinion when asked for one. The whole Duck Dynasty debacle is one example of that kind of overreaction. Same with Chick-Fil-A. Same with Miss California (Carrie Prejean) and that loudmouth, Perez Hilton. People like those responsible for this kind of inflamed, Herpe-like overreaction is one thing that hurts the image of ALL homosexual people. It makes them look like they absolutely cannot stand opposing views, and that they have really, really, really thin skin. I'm aware people have very different views from mine, but you don't see me hopping up and down with seething rage while trying to ruin your life over it.

Romeikes & Mathericks. Europe isn't free like America.

Homosexuals and the Military Not sure what to say about this. Let 'em fight for our country. If they sexually harass other military members or do lewd sexual acts in front of other soldiers, punish them for misconduct. Have them fight, but don't tolerate sexual harassment from anyone, whoever they are.

Summary. I'd like to see everyone stop fighting, insulting, disrespecting, and slandering one another over this. All that does is stir up more hatred and anger, which is never going to bring peace about for all here. Respect each other's right to have an opinion, and don't freak out or try to destroy people for disagreeing with you. These sensitive issues aren't nearly as cut-and-dried as some would have you believe. Don't assume homosexuals are pedophiles or bad parents. Don't assume Christians are hateful or bigoted. You don't really understand each other, which makes it very easy to lob attacks. This vicious cycle of hatred and bitterness by all sides will result in nothing good for all involved. Please, I am asking you to stop, step back, and really question and think about how you've been thinking about people. Challenge yourselves to point out your own assumptions and question them vigorously. Ask others to help you if you want. And, whatever you do, talk with people as if they are people. As if they're your neighbors. Don't treat them special, but give them mutual respect. I strongly believe we can talk about virtually anything without becoming consumed in the raging fires of anger and hatred. We are as capable of understanding, coming together, and maintaining peace as we are the reverse.

Though you may disagree, at least try to love and respect one another. :smiliehug:

You do know that you will hence forth be labelled an right wing bigot homophobe, don't you?

God didn't claim that homosexuality is a sin, the Bible did.

God didn't write the Bible, humans did.

Greed is a sin, but not homosexuality, according to God in the Bible.

Why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Were they excessively greedy?

You made some good points, well thought out and to a certain degree, insightful.

However, you fail miserably on your fifth point. You have no idea what homosexuals do in bed and it's certainly none of your business, but I'd like to point out that it's not just gay men who have feces on their penis and considering other factors straight men may have a greater chance of contracting diseases through it.

As far as your claim that gays aren't born gay and a few other common misconceptions, it's obvious you need more education.

If I may, [MENTION=42946]Howey[/MENTION], it seems to me that all people who live out some kind of sexuallity are seeking a chemical bond with a partner via fluids. When I kiss a beautiful woman, I want to remember how her lips tasted. Probably why most couples still prefer six without condoms, for the complete feeling of fluid exchange. I submit that that desire is programmed deep within our DNA, in the first order - to propagate our species on this planet.

And it is true that lots of straights also have anal sex.

I honestly don't know if HIV/AIDS awareness/prevention is better in the straight community or in the gay community. I could imagine that the campaign to combat this scourge is actually better within the gay community as too many of us straight people say "well, it can't happen to us"....

I personally believe the sexuality is within the DNA. When you consider the unbelievable hurdles that gay people have had to get over in order to live in a "free" society and the stigma that many of them still feel even now, I cannot imagine any person simply wanting to be gay.

Last edited:

I thought the OP was well written. I don't agree with everything Wake said but I most certainly agree with him that making false accusations such as - all homosexuals are paedophiles - is wrong. It is just as much a sin to call people into homosexuality vulgar names, make fun of them as it is to murder someone. There is no major or minor sins in Gods kingdom. Sin is sin. I believe the Bible is the Divine Word of God and that homosexuality is a sin. So is gluttony, adultery, fornication ( heterosexual sex without marriage ) taking the Lords name in vain, stealing, coveting, telling lies, etc. People like to point out the sin they themselves are not involved in. In their minds THAT is the really bad one! What they are doing? Not so bad.....

Our enemy is Satan. Not people. God does not hate homosexuals. Satan does. He hates us all.

Seems to me that homosexuality if pretty obviously a regularly-occurring genetic misfire. So - since it's regularly occurring - if someone wants to call it "normal" that's fine with me.

I agree with those who say that they really don't care. The world needs more snappy dressers, anyway.

Next.

It seems that, if it were actually genetic, I wouldn't be able to find incontrovertible evidence that it isn't.

Why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Were they excessively greedy?

Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed because of homosexuality. They were destroyed because of all manner of sin and depravity, with the straw that broke the camel's back being their inhospitality to strangers, unforgivable in that culture.

I want it on the record that most Christians do not share GISMYS views on homosexuality or what the Bible teaches about it. The very limited references to homosexuality in the Bible almost all relates to sexual perversion, i.e. behavior, and not the state of any person's being or desires, and that also included heterosexual behavior. Can both gay and straight people commit sexual sin or be perverted or immoral? Of course they can. But that is a far different discussion than sexual orientation.

At the same time, GISMYS believes what he believes and that is who he is. It seems logical to me that tolerance requires us to allow GISMYS to be who and what he is as much as it requires us to allow a gay person to be who and what he/she is. In a live and let live world that is truly tolerant, everybody is allowed their own choices, opinions, and lifestyles so long as they don't require participation or contribution by any other.

If you're gay and in my face re your gayness, I will be offended.
If you are devoutly religious and are in my face re your religion, I will be offended.
If you are politically or socially active and are in my face about it, I will be offended.

But as long as they are not requiring contribution or participation by anybody else, everybody should be free to be who and what they are and to say so with impunity.

That was outstanding.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

God makes the rules, sure. The Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is not one of those Commandments.

Unless you are trying to argue that the 10 Commandments were written by the Finger of God I really don't see your point.

God is telling GISMYS to mind his own business, but he ain't listening.

More like GISMYS is being told by the church of LGBT to keep up the good work and divert the topic. Gay actors must be so easy to come by...

Why are some lesbian women attracted to other women who look, talk, walk, dress, wear their hair and act like men, even down to a strap-on penis? Could they be closeted hetero? I'd like to see a gay person explain this to me.

Let me guess, we are now going to talk about "GISMYS'" "extreme religious views"...right?

Last edited:
If you are gay, be gay and shut up about it.

I have two friends that are gay and one that is lesbian. They follow the above statement and that's what I love and admire about them.

Is the lesbian also gay?

You do know that you will hence forth be labelled an right wing bigot homophobe, don't you?

And I've been labeled a nacho-loving Yeti, too. One of those labels is true.

*Hides shaver*

:badgrin::eusa_shhh::D

God makes the rules, sure. The Ten Commandments. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is not one of those Commandments.

THIS ""IS"" THE WORD OF GOD!! Do you deny that truth?????? Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 corinthians 6:9-11
Kingdom of GOD!!>!!!&$%(#O(!!!!!!!

Exaggerated for effect, of course.

You don't sound like a rational person. Calm down and breathe. There is actually not an invisible man in the sky so we don't actually have to take anything that He says seriously.

Excuse me? And you are going to use this thread to denigrate the beliefs of others? Ah, but you think you can lecture others on being rational. How cute. Just who made you the supreme authority on religion, hmm?

Go get some weed, smoke it, and calm down. "God saw that it was good." Remember Genesis? Jesus healed the sick with Cannabis soaked in wine. It was a common remedy throughout the Roman empire.

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, vampires, dragons, witches and warlocks, the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and Elmer Fudd are not real, but you expect me to believe that there is a man with red skin and the legs of a goat living in a cave full of lava at the center of the Earth who stabs people with a pitchfork.

Try harder.

JUST KNOW!!! mockers, scoffers and fools that deny God have a place in eternal hell!!! Must you feel the flames before you believe??? far,far too late then!

You can quit the "I am holier than thou" schtick, cuz no one here cares about your blatherings.

Unless you are trying to argue that the 10 Commandments were written by the Finger of God I really don't see your point.

What KNB doesn't know is that we aren't confined simply to the 10 Commandments. God issues many other commands and directions in the Bible; including that one. As one can plainly see in that libbed version of Leviticus 18:22, the disdain God has for homosexuality is clearly evident.

Go get some weed, smoke it, and calm down. "God saw that it was good." Remember Genesis? Jesus healed the sick with Cannabis soaked in wine. It was a common remedy throughout the Roman empire.

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, vampires, dragons, witches and warlocks, the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and Elmer Fudd are not real, but you expect me to believe that there is a man with red skin and the legs of a goat living in a cave full of lava at the center of the Earth who stabs people with a pitchfork.

Try harder.

JUST KNOW!!! mockers, scoffers and fools that deny God have a place in eternal hell!!! Must you feel the flames before you believe??? far,far too late then!

And you give a bad name to the Christian faith. Please, shut thy trap. Quit feeding the troll.

It's never okay to insult and mock anyone, and especially for Christians. Jesus commanded that we "love" our neighbor and he didn't put specifics on it. If you believe homosexuality is a sin, then don't participate, but nowhere in the Bible are we told to mock and ridicule anyone. Adultery, greed, etc., are sins too, yet those sins are not denounced as the presumed sin of homosexuality.

Did you have siblings? I did, and we used to insult and mock each other on a daily basis, yet we never once doubted our love for each other. People really need to get over the idea that loving someone never means being rude.

Pedophiles exist among heterosexual people, too, so to make that claim is utterly ignorant.

Damn, that was incredibly stupid. He just argued that pedophiles are people that are attracted to children, and that claiming they are homosexual is stupid, and you got insulted because he didn't point out that pedophiles are heterosexual.

Newsflash, pedophiles are pedophiles, period.

Do you realize that some heterosexual participate in that same type of sexual behavior? I didn't realize how many people are "swingers", also "masochists", "pedophiles" and heavens know how many other types of sexual activities people participate in. I don't believe there is anything in the Bible that dictates that we need to investigate each and every sexual activity and then make it our life's mission to extinguish it.....

Basically, your problem is that you can't comprehend English.

Good to know.

Considering how many heterosexuals abuse their children, even kill them, to make such a statement defies all logic.

Do you even read past the first sentence before you say something stupid?

That is a tactic used to anger someone into agreeing with one's own beliefs....usually doesn't work.

That is so dumb it makes less sense than you ranting about Wake not saying something he actually said.

You really have no proof that everyone is born straight. I honestly can't fathom anyone just wanting to be gay for whatever reason. Everyone knows they are persecuted, ridiculed, criticized and cheated out of some rights, so why on earth would anyone choose to be gay?

Why do you keep arguing with Wake about things when you actually agree with him? Because, despite me having read that paragraph multiple times, he clearly said he doesn't know that people are born straight,and cannot prove it. As for the rest of your blithering, the fact that you cannot fathom something is not evidence that you are right.

And, there is evidence that animals display homosexual tendencies, geez, wonder where they learned that?

There is evidence that dogs will fuck human legs, does that mean that they were born to fuck human legs, or does it just mean that they enjoy fucking as much as humans do?

The only place in the Bible that alludes to homosexuality being a sin is the Old Testament. Christians don't go by the Old Testament, otherwise they would be stoning their children when they disobey, or killing their wives when they commit adultery. Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, but for those who feel it is a sin, so is the sin of judgement.
So, as Christians, we don't try to make everyone sinless, that is the job of Jesus, our job is just to show them that "following" Christ is the right thing to do and Christ never killed or mocked anyone, not even an adulteress and never a homosexual.

Wow, just wow.

There are multiple references to homosexuality being a sin in the New Testament. (Romans 1, 1 Corinthians 6, 1 Timothy 1 and Jude 1) Until you can admit that you really have no business telling anyone what Christians should, and should not, do.

Forum List

Back