USMB's Twenty-Five Days Till Christmas

Does anyone else have presents they're really excited about giving this year?

View attachment 577601

I really want a white Christmas but so far that looks like it isn't happening. I was really wanting to go sleigh riding and sled riding with my visiting relatives too. :( I also want a dog, but I'm not sure if the other members in my family want one right now. :(

I really want a white Christmas but so far that looks like it isn't happening. I was really wanting to go sleigh riding and sled riding with my visiting relatives too. :( I also want a dog, but I'm not sure if the other members in my family want one right now. :(

ws_Merry_Christmas_1440x900-1.jpg

We don't have white Christmases in Phoenix. I've lived in the southwest for so long, I don't really think of snow as a thing.

I just finished watching both of the videos and even though they were both adorable, I seriously want to take that lost little puppy home with me lol I'd name him Beau because it means beautiful and he certainly is a beautiful little soul. :) Anyways, I just finished watching this nice Christmas movie. :)

Hey guys, I apologize that this update is really late tonight but I've been busy as heck going out to dinner, going to see the new Spiderman movie, and doing other stuff on here.

Well today's Christmas episode of giving back is to teachers and then tomorrow we're going to add a little Halloween back in as we're getting to the scary side of Christmas and the opposite of Santa which means Krampus time muhahaha!!! :badgrin:

Well today's Christmas episode of giving back is to teachers and then tomorrow we're going to add a little Halloween back in as we're getting to the scary side of Christmas and the opposite of Santa which means Krampus time muhahaha!!! :badgrin:

*crying*

I was lucky enough to have a very special teacher in my life -- my late husband. His students, sixth graders back in the late 70's, many of them now grandparents, loved staying in contact with him via Facebook and never stopped sharing their stories of what a special teacher he was. He was so proud to hear from them regularly and see what successes they had made of their lives, and all of them gave credit to his teaching and his friendship as they built those successful lives.

Thanks for sharing these stories.

*crying*

I was lucky enough to have a very special teacher in my life -- my late husband. His students, sixth graders back in the late 70's, many of them now grandparents, loved staying in contact with him via Facebook and never stopped sharing their stories of what a special teacher he was. He was so proud to hear from them regularly and see what successes they had made of their lives, and all of them gave credit to his teaching and his friendship as they built those successful lives.

Thanks for sharing these stories.

I had one teacher for six years who made a huge difference in my life even to this day. She was the band teacher for 6th-9th grade, and then the assistant band teacher for 10th-12th grades. (In the town I grew up in, 6th and 7th grade were intermediate school; 8th and 9th grade were junior high; and 10th-12th grade were high school). It was a small town, and therefore had to take any kid who wanted to sign up for band into the program. Nevertheless, they were extremely competitive and had been the best band in the state for over a decade at the time I graduated. The lessons this band teacher taught me and all her other students about achieving through hard work, practice, and determination have served me well throughout my life. Even the students who had no particular musical talent at all came out of her classes able to play an instrument at a competent level, and many of the best students ended up as professional musicians.

I just wanted to post this cute little poem that I have in my Christmas stories book. It's by Nancy P. McConnell. It's called Christmas Is For Children and it describes me perfectly,.. except I'm this way all year round not just at Christmas. :)

Christmas is for children-
at least that's what they say.
It's a time of wide-eyed wonder,
a magic holiday.
When candy cans and gingerbread fill tummies with delight.
And little sleepyheads try hard to stay up through the night.
Yes, Christmas is for children-
anyone will tell you so.
The twinkling, colored lights on trees make youngsters' eyes just glow!
Each package and each stocking is approached with childish joy,
And toys bring squeals of laughter from each eager girl and boy.
all they say is true.
How wonderful that at Christmas time-
grownups are children too! :D

I just wanted to post this cute little poem that I have in my Christmas stories book. It's by Nancy P. McConnell. It's called Christmas Is For Children and it describes me perfectly,.. except I'm this way all year round not just at Christmas. :)

Christmas is for children-
at least that's what they say.
It's a time of wide-eyed wonder,
a magic holiday.
When candy cans and gingerbread fill tummies with delight.
And little sleepyheads try hard to stay up through the night.
anyone will tell you so.
The twinkling, colored lights on trees make youngsters' eyes just glow!
Each package and each stocking is approached with childish joy,
And toys bring squeals of laughter from each eager girl and boy.
all they say is true.
How wonderful that at Christmas time-
grownups are children too! :D

Ooh, that reminds me. You should really do yourself a favor and give this a listen.

Here comes Krampus. ;) Btw, tomorrow for Christmas Eve on here will be all about Secret Santa and I will also be starting my Christmas Eve Countdown Till Christmas chat with Christmas music running all day long!! :D

So whatcha doin' for Christmas Eve? I'm watching "Miracle on 34th Street" while my guys play a board game together.

This. :) (I also got my online Christmas Eve service in about an hour.)

Forum List

Back